• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Copypasta'd from Fully New Character Archive...

I almost wasn't going to post this, since I doubt I will be motivated enough to actually finish it... but, bandwagons are meant to be boarded.

Not to mention this is the first I've seen to actually use his real model. Speaking of which, thanks to Captain Kwark for the rip.

The animations itself was really quick, kind of just a test to see how well my super-secret animating technique that's actually really simple and obvious worked.

Who knows, I might do it eventually, after I get everything else done. And provided another one doesn't surface by then, which it most likely will.

EDIT: He replaces Snake, for vocal purposes.
whatever happened with this?
Is there a download for this anywhere, or is it another project in the works?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
whatever happened with this?
Is there a download for this anywhere, or is it another project in the works?
That was partly something I did for fun before the bone adder came out. Now that the actual Shadow model from Brawl can be used, I might resume it as an actual project. I know a decent Shadow is in high demand, so I'm considering it.

Anyway, on to the reason I showed up just now.

Since I figured out how to edit vertices, I've been having some difficulties making the things I wanted to. So, I figured I would try another animation resizing. But, instead of making some huge-@$$ edit on ROB like usual, I thought it would be cool to change an existing character to give them a new look and style.

And so, here's the first product of this theory: Manly Link.

The new Link is slightly taller, bulkier, with a longer hat and hair, a huge shield and an even huger sword that even Ike can be jealous of. I might complete this as a side project for those that still want Link, but a slightly new twist.

If I ever get around to it, I may edit his face and a few other things to match, like a new sword and shield.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
I have a quick question, and I don't want to waste space by making a thread in the help subforum, so it's going here.

I'm trying to replace the (number) digits that appear during battle as damage percentage, but I can't seem to find the right numbers. If anyone has the time, or if you already know, I'd appreciate some help in the locating of the correct files in the common5.

Also: lol @ emo Link

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I'm trying to replace the (number) digits that appear during battle as damage percentage, but I can't seem to find the right numbers. If anyone has the time, or if you already know, I'd appreciate some help in the locating of the correct files in the common5.

Also: lol @ emo Link
From what I heard, it's in Info.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
That was partly something I did for fun before the bone adder came out. Now that the actual Shadow model from Brawl can be used, I might resume it as an actual project. I know a decent Shadow is in high demand, so I'm considering it.

Since I figured out how to edit vertices, I've been having some difficulties making the things I wanted to. So, I figured I would try another animation resizing. But, instead of making some huge-@$$ edit on ROB like usual, I thought it would be cool to change an existing character to give them a new look and style.

The new Link is slightly taller, bulkier, with a longer hat and hair, a huge shield and an even huger sword that even Ike can be jealous of. I might complete this as a side project for those that still want Link, but a slightly new twist.

If I ever get around to it, I may edit his face and a few other things to match, like a new sword and shield.
That Link is awesome!

Are you gonna make the hitboxes match the bigger sword? Just asking because that's one thing that pushes me away from these kind of hacks is when the hitboxes don't match the larger parts

Razanak7

Smash Ace
That Link is awesome!

Are you gonna make the hitboxes match the bigger sword? Just asking because that's one thing that pushes me away from these kind of hacks is when the hitboxes don't match the larger parts
Yes I will. There's also going to be a few other changes with speed and whatnot.

...YES!

Love it as it is already. Nice work, Link looks a lot cooler now. :3
That's what I was going for.

Meaning...what? Is Info a .pac file, or do you mean it's in a subcategory within the common5 called "Info"?
It's in Info.pac, but I never got it to work. Other people did though, so I probably just had it in the wrong directory.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
That Link looks almost as good as a night of hot sex on a summer day.
yes...I went there :p

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
reposting cause I can ;)

if I may ask, how can I do this?

would like to mess with bowser, ganon and DDD with this :)

EDIT:

thiscan be done with BBox right? I heard this was hex edit
what I want is:

- Be able to give the legs of a character to another
- To give arms arms of someone while the hands being also different
- You get the point

plz help

Reposting may be inminent upon ignoring, and flaming will also make me repost *awsome face*

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman

Razan if you did shadow i would be your biggest fanboy ever... i want that shadow badly

Fen__

Smash Ace
reposting cause I can ;)

what I want is:

- You get the point

plz help

Reposting may be inminent upon ignoring, and flaming will also make me repost *awsome face*
The only way you might be able to do that is the method that fortwaffles used for Roy's hair. I think he added Isaac's model with everything deleted except the hair to Marth's model, but I'm not sure.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Yes I will. There's also going to be a few other changes with speed and whatnot.
Cool, glad to hear that.

Also, if you do decide to do Shadow, I got a list of some special moves and attributes that I put together a while ago that should make a decent Shadow as I'm one of the people who're still waiting for a good Shadow to be made playable.

I'd be willing to help out with moveset ideas as it's about the only thing I can do unfortunately seeing as I got too much work to learn PSA or anything right now(I'm actually supposed to be doing my homework right now:laugh:)

Just an offer for if you decide to make a playable Shadow, if you're not interested in making him though don't bother, I wouldn't want to be a nuisance.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
reposting cause I can ;)

what I want is:

- You get the point

plz help

I think it only deals with deleting polygons like delete meta's mask and see what you get

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
To me, that Metaknight hack looks like he vertex hacked the mask and added Kirby's texture, because his mouth is 2D and his face is a lower resolution than Kirby's.

Revven

FrankerZ
I wish people would stop quoting images, it's annoying to scroll through them 2-4 times just because people can't take 3 seconds to delete the image tags in the quote.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Cool, glad to hear that.

Also, if you do decide to do Shadow, I got a list of some special moves and attributes that I put together a while ago that should make a decent Shadow as I'm one of the people who're still waiting for a good Shadow to be made playable.

I'd be willing to help out with moveset ideas as it's about the only thing I can do unfortunately seeing as I got too much work to learn PSA or anything right now(I'm actually supposed to be doing my homework right now:laugh:)

Just an offer for if you decide to make a playable Shadow, if you're not interested in making him though don't bother, I wouldn't want to be a nuisance.
I've decided to it. Ever since I finished Dark Link, not having a main project to focus on has made me get a bit lazy with everything, so having something to focus on again should help, especially if people really want it.

So, send me what you have, since I have almost no idea what Shadow can do. :laugh:

Revven

FrankerZ
I thought there were a few people already working on a Shadow...? I'm pretty sure it was like KuroBit, Wave Kusanagi, matalko...

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I thought there were a few people already working on a Shadow...? I'm pretty sure it was like KuroBit, Wave Kusanagi, matalko...
They are. But... I have to be perfectly honest. The latest release doesn't exactly instill confidence. I know it's not even close to finished, but I'm just not feeling it.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
I've decided to it. Ever since I finished Dark Link, not having a main project to focus on has made me get a bit lazy with everything, so having something to focus on again should help, especially if people really want it.

So, send me what you have, since I have almost no idea what Shadow can do. :laugh:
Ok cool, I'll send it via PM later today because I got a few things to do first, like finishing up my homework, and I'm also going to try and re-organize the list a little, it's mainly just specials so far but I'm going to add in ideas for regular A attacks, tilts and smashes

Not all will be different but my ideal is for Shadow to play differently than Sonic

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
To me, that Metaknight hack looks like he vertex hacked the mask and added Kirby's texture, because his mouth is 2D and his face is a lower resolution than Kirby's.
That Meta Knight hack is old. All BigShark did was shrink the Mask's bone to nothing(or close to it) and made a texture for his face. At least that's how I think he did it. He made it shortly after bone shrinking was made avaible(which was before vertex hacking or polygon deleting).

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Okay, let's see if I can remember everything that's happened lately...

-Roader somewhat loads on Wario, so he will be moved to another character; which character specifically hasn't been decided. Also fixing his animations.
-Ho-oh over Pit, as a boss character. A few basic moves are done.
-Renamon has been ported to Sheik successfully, but bone problems cause it to freeze. Working on fixing it.
-Might port Dark Samus to Lucario; haven't decided yet.
-Might port Dark Link to another character soon.
-Working on playable (and CSS selectable) Giga Bowser.
-I am officially starting Shadow over Snake, since he's in such high demand.
-Might port Link to Ike, for reasons I won't indulge on quite yet.

Yeah, I've been busy. Onto a couple pictures.

Updated Renamon model (Sheik ver.) DL will be up when freezing problems are fixed.

Ho-oh preview; note that, as a boss-like character, he will be notably bigger and more powerful than the rest of the cast. Oddly enough, his collisions work perfectly, and can be hit anywhere except his tail feathers. How convenient.

Lastly; remember Meta Ridley? Well... he's almost done. A few more days, and a beta DL will be up via ESH.

Let the spazzing begin.
Ho-oh AND NOT LUGIA?!!? I don't understand why people love that freaking bird more than the Great Guardian of the Sea. So it can resurrect stuff...BIG WHOOP! Lugia help SAVE the whole pokemon world! I think you should do Lugia over Pit instead...but that's just me, sorry for the fanboyism, I will still appreciate the playable boss Ho-oh though.

Also if you want a custom Shadow moveset, I think I can give you one I've been working on since PSA was released. He would play like a DNA fusion of Sonic, Snake, Lucario and little bit of Zelda.
No it's not a .PAC it's a .TXT, I'm NO GOOD at PSA or animating at all. I can hex a little bit, but not like RandomTBush or someone like him. I'm only a beginner. Just PM me if your interested Raz.
And good luck on your projects, you have my full support, and BTW, PLEASE BACKUP YOUR WORK BEFORE STARTING!!!
We don't want something happening like what happened to BigSharkZ now do we?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Ok cool, I'll send it via PM later today because I got a few things to do first, like finishing up my homework, and I'm also going to try and re-organize the list a little, it's mainly just specials so far but I'm going to add in ideas for regular A attacks, tilts and smashes

Not all will be different but my ideal is for Shadow to play differently than Sonic
Sounds good.

Ho-oh AND NOT LUGIA?!!? I don't understand why people love that freaking bird more than the Great Guardian of the Sea. So it can resurrect stuff...BIG WHOOP! Lugia help SAVE the whole pokemon world! I think you should do Lugia over Pit instead...but that's just me, sorry for the fanboyism, I will still appreciate the playable boss Ho-oh though.
Silly fanboys. Don't worry, a Lugia version may come later.

Also if you want a custom Shadow moveset, I think I can give you one I've been working on since PSA was released. He would play like a DNA fusion of Sonic, Snake, Lucario and little bit of Zelda.
No it's not a .PAC it's a .TXT, I'm NO GOOD at PSA or animating at all. I can hex a little bit, but not like RandomTBush or someone like him. I'm only a beginner. Just PM me if your interested Raz.
I need as many ideas as I can get, since, as I said, I know almost nothing about his moves and abilities.

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
I need a css background that would fit well with something like these:

I'm at a total loss for what to do there.

I also need (good) renders of Ice Climbers, Olimar, Lucas, and Rob for their selection portraits. I couldn't find any.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
So I saw a character selections screen where the four players were on the left staggered I think and the characters were on the right side vertically. One of the big name hackers had it. Maybe it was shark? Anyway, anyone have it and wanna share?

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Oh, you did it. I was wondering when someone would.

also, anon is full of gey 12 year olds

but this is a very good hack.

Top Bottom