• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I am. The face won't stay like this, I'm just not done mapping it yet.

Mit

Smash Ace

But, i didn't say for why, the texture glitch in game....
He load the texture of the others character. Here he load the texture Yellow Yoshi.

Something can help me?
Back when I was working on the plain Donkey Kong Jr. texture I had a similar looking problem when putting RGBA3 or other uncompressed textures onto Diddy Kong, even after removing palettes. So, I don't know, that could be the problem? Unless that actually is Yoshi's texture, in which case I've got no clue.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
BigSharkZ, that looks fantastic :) Your doing great.

I was wondering something though...

Would you consider doing some "bone hexing" ( I think that's what it's called, but I've been wrong before) to give her eyes a bit of a sternness to them and maybe give her a slight frown (kind of like that one shadow vertex edit... rather, exactly like that edit)

I just sort of think that peaches constant smiling even when hit kinda messes with Tron's angst ;) Though giving her a grin is always cool too... Sorry if I'm being a pest asking this.:(
What exactly do you mean by hexing her eyes to give her sternness? As for the frown, I can't really edit her mouth any better, but I could try making her face look a bit more.. mischievous.

Your Tron is looking wonderful, but do high-res textures fit in Peach's files?
Thanks, and probably, as all higher resolution textures I made so far worked in-game, and Pik also did such a thing for his models.

i don't know who tron bonne's is but seeing the dead rising mask it's a capcom thing?
*slaps dirtboy345 with a salmon*

Yes, she's from Capcom, and that "Dead Rising Mask" is actually a Servbot (In this case, just the head), from the Mega Man Legends series. He's also a playable character in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
I've never played mega man legends lol, anyway i would be proud if you slapped me with a salmon :D

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Alrighty! *slaps once again*

And no, I don't use trouts, but salmons. More effective.

Alternate outfit #1, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 style!

n64billy

Smash Ace
Wow, StarWaffle, your method is amazing.
Great work dude, looking great, buuuutt.... just want to remind you again...

This isn't StarWaffles method.... It's MarioKarts method, which I learnt, and taught to StarWaffle, which he then taught to you...

Just picky about that, so thought I'd raise it.....

Also.... Tomopuppy! That looks awesome! :3

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks, but, Mariokart64n doesn't know about it.. he even said it made no sense when I showed it to him. Are you sure about that?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
any way you can make the bottom of her shirt flare out more. and make her jacket look more like a jacket D:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Back when I was working on the plain Donkey Kong Jr. texture I had a similar looking problem when putting RGBA3 or other uncompressed textures onto Diddy Kong, even after removing palettes. So, I don't know, that could be the problem? Unless that actually is Yoshi's texture, in which case I've got no clue.
Well, nearly all of Diddy's texture parts have palettes. The ones that don't are his Final Smash eye iris, along with his shirt, hat, hands, and feet.

Basically, when editing Diddy's textures, you have to stick with the texture formats mentioned below.

G_asi - 256x256 pixels - CI8 texture / RGB5A3 palette
G_jet - 256x128 pixels - CI8 texture / RGB565 palette
G_mabuta_sita - 64x64 pixels - CI8 texture / RGB5A3 palette
G_mabuta_ue - 64x64 pixels - CI8 texture / RGB5A3 palette
G_medama - 128x128 pixels - CI8 texture / RGB5A3 palette
G_medama_Yellow - 128x128 pixels - CMPR texture
akaifuku_002 - 512x256 pixels - CMPR texture
diddy_body_09 - 512x512 pixels - CI8 texture / RGB5A3 palette

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Thanks, but, Mariokart64n doesn't know about it.. he even said it made no sense when I showed it to him. Are you sure about that?
The method doesn't really make sense to me either. :/

Because in your tutorial, it only says to patch it 2 times. But when I do it I always have to patch it around 5 times, and it's never messed up yet.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
I had random results with patching multiples times. the results were never conclusive, although I mentioned it as a possible solution. it was not covered in length in any tutorials because it doesn't make sense.

anyways glad to see people thriving with vertex hacking. one day I hope to rival one of you to the death in a vertex hacking contest. but till then keep practicing. ;)

StarWaffle

Smash Lord

ya i didn't really stray far from the path of your tutorial...

i just reimported the new vertices of an almost working model into 3DS max.

Cuz logically thinking, no vertices will be moved that are already in the same, so it will only move the things that are incorrect with your model until it reaches flawlessness.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Meh, I'm gonna stop working on Tron Bonne until anyone can help me get her weapon to insert properly, because whatever I seem to do, it messes up. >_>

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
yep ridley will be out tmrw! 12:01 pst 0.0

also

thats just a texture i got off of brawl vault =D imma have to make my own.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
working on leon from resident evil

Credit to beyondyou for the travis touchdown vertex i used as a base.
Still fixing up the textures and the hair (for some reason his hair over his eye looks really long in 3DS max but looks like this in brawl box >.>
also going to make his sword into a knife.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Alright, Sephiroth is out. He has a small problem with the front of his bangs, but I think he came out really well despite that. I hope you guys like it!

humble

Smash Ace
starwaffle when do you release bowser jr?
someone doesn't get the concept of starwaffle tuesdays!

Great Job Gengar with Sephiroth!

BigSharkZ, Tron Bonne is looking great, can't wait!

Star, Ridley is amazing! This is, by far, the best Charizard hack we've gotten, keep up the amazing work!

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Oh, I'm not making fun of your picture. It's funny. :p I was just expecting someone to be all "how'd you get her to make that face"
Lol, alright.

Alright, Sephiroth is out. He has a small problem with the front of his bangs, but I think he came out really well despite that. I hope you guys like it!

Amazing! I'll be using this for sure. Do you think you could make a proper Cloud someday?

someone doesn't get the concept of starwaffle tuesdays!

Great Job Gengar with Sephiroth!

BigSharkZ, Tron Bonne is looking great, can't wait!

Star, Ridley is amazing! This is, by far, the best Charizard hack we've gotten, keep up the amazing work!
Thanks, and, talking about her, I made the rubber hammer from Marvel vs. Capcom 2:

Best I can do considering the few points the golf club has..

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Thanks BigsharkZ! I think the cloud that's already out is really good. I'm not sure if I could really do any better since I hear Ike's hair is really tough to edit.

I'm actually curious whether more people are going to use the long sword or short sword version.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Well, yeah, the Cloud is excellent, but what I dislike is the face. He needs to have his more mature face, with smaller eyes. As for your Sephiroth, I will definitely use the long sword version. I don't care about PSAs / hit boxes.

Also, what do you think of this? I tried to make Tron Bonne's wrench by using the tennis racket. This was very hard, because, as you know, the Tennis Racket is not in full "3D", as you can see when I edited it (Left picture). So, I got an idea of using the top vertices of the racket, scaling them so they're so small that they form a perfect line, then put them in the middle, so the bottom of the wrench connects to the middle. Since there are a few points only, there's a small hole on the right, but I still think it's good. As you can see, it looks like Pac-Man, unlike the left one, due to the fact that I used these vertices to create the 3D look. Was hard, but I'm sure that it will look fine in-game, from a distance.

Ho ho ho, I'm so smart, I figured a way of fixing it.

Main weapons done!

To do before releasing:

-Alternate textures
-Make Toad a Servbot
-Make the vegetables Servbot heads
-Make the parasol a propeller

What I noticed is that the top part would connect to the part I needed it to, but that the bottom part would connect to the handle, and make it look weird. So, I simply scaled the part in front of the handle until it got very small, then I placed it at the same place the connection between the top part and the middle is, and it worked.

Edit: Propeller!

Edit: Propeller successfully imported into Brawl Box. Each polygon needed 5 patches.

WOO! I'm on fire tonight! Or..this morning..!

Servbot vegetable, new facial expressions in the works!

Edit: I seriously need to stop posting..huh?

Edit: ****. For some reason, I cannot import the original vertices of the model itself. It gives me an error.

Top Bottom