• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox and CSS Organizer for mac

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i tried running the launcher, a window came up that said that my version of OSX can't run the application

i also tried running the brawlbox through the terminal app, it opened up quicktime then told me the file wasnt a movie file >.>

the very least someone could do is make an app similar to brawl box for mac

*hopes someone will make it*

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
is this working for anyone?
Sorry! Fixed it look above.
i tried running the launcher, a window came up that said that my version of OSX can't run the application

i also tried running the brawlbox through the terminal app, it opened up quicktime then told me the file wasnt a movie file >.>

the very least someone could do is make an app similar to brawl box for mac

*hopes someone will make it*
Look above!
Now, as great as this is, there is a small problem...It can't open files!
Hahaha! I noticed this, so I tried a different method. Look above!

Smash Rookie
I registered an account and did some other stuff just so I could say...
You'll have to be more specific

Yung Mei

i tried downloading the zip, if downloaded, i ran the app, then it just closed when i selected something from the menu

(file, preferences, about, etc)

any idea whats up?

Owa5489

Smash Cadet
For the love of God I hope someone gets a working BBox on a mac...

I'm going to attempt to run this one myself.

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
i tried downloading the zip, if downloaded, i ran the app, then it just closed when i selected something from the menu

(file, preferences, about, etc)

any idea whats up?
You should be picking from the menu bar inside the application WINDOW, not the one at the top of the screen. Also, be patient about the first launch(see below)

I registered an account and did some other stuff just so I could say...
You'll have to be more specific
About what? I forgot to mention that the first run of the app will take a while to load, because the app adds some extra stuff to your /Users/You/Application Support folder. It adds:

/Users/You/Library/Application Support/Wine
/Users/You/Library/Application Support/Wine/prefixes/
/Users/You/Library/Application Support/Wine/prefixes/BrawlBox

The BrawlBox folder contains everything that the application emulates as the windows computer. The drive_c folder emulates the hard drive. All of these folders are in the BrawlBox application bundle. Soon I will add to the FAQ to give possible solutions to this problem.

For the love of God I hope someone gets a working BBox on a mac...

I'm going to attempt to run this one myself.
Hope it works for you!

Yung Mei

i tried it again with what you did, it did the same thing- just opens and closes
anywho, id like to thank you for taking the time to help us run brawlbox on mac. thanks dude, i appreciate itq

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
i tried it again with what you did, it did the same thing- just opens and closes
anywho, id like to thank you for taking the time to help us run brawlbox on mac. thanks dude, i appreciate itq
One last thing you can try... Right click on the brawlBox app bundle. Select "show package contents". Open up the Resources folder. Finally, copy "Wine" into your applications folder.

Yung Mei

it did the same ;~;

if its any help, im on 10.4.11

Revven

FrankerZ
If you can do this same thing for Project Smash Attacks, I will LOVE YOU, I'm so sick of PSA crashing on me when I was using it in mono if only for a few minutes and just changing one value or two.

Wacka Alpaca

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone! I am WackaAlpaca, and I am the largest supplier of brawl modding tutorial, a viewer pointed your mac version out to me, and I have added it to my "Downloading Of All Necessary Files" tutorial.
I hope this gets you and your works a lot more traffic!

I would also appreciate to have a link in your opening post so that people who read about your work can then go on to LEARN how to use your program, so if you could accredit me with something similar to the following:

Wacka Alpaca's Video Tutorial:

BrawlBox Tutorials - Downloading Of All Necessary Files:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTU0QYQkUjY
Thanks so much, and have a great night.

Yung Mei

im sure for some people it worked, it hasnt work for me.

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
it did the same ;~;

if its any help, im on 10.4.11
Your software version may be the problem... I am running snow leopard, so I wasn't able to test Tiger users. Also, are you using a power pc? That may also be the source of the problem. I am getting the WineBottler system requirements now... In the mean time, try running the Wine application you just copied. You can try out Jack Harvest's method using that. You can use winetricks(already installed) and change the configurations from the wine menu on the top right of the screen(on the menu bar). If the Wine application doesn't run, that means that your mac doesn't meet the system requirements...:(

EDIT: Ahha! I found the solution to your problem! Running BB for mac requires apple's X11, which, unlike in mac os x 10.5+, isn't included in mac os x 10.4. You can however get X11 in the "Optional Installs" disc that came with Tiger/Your Computer.

If you can do this same thing for Project Smash Attacks, I will LOVE YOU, I'm so sick of PSA crashing on me when I was using it in mono if only for a few minutes and just changing one value or two.
:laugh: Tell me about it... I am compiling a PSA application now!

Hey everyone! I am WackaAlpaca, and I am the largest supplier of brawl modding tutorial, a viewer pointed your mac version out to me, and I have added it to my "Downloading Of All Necessary Files" tutorial.
I hope this gets you and your works a lot more traffic!

I would also appreciate to have a link in your opening post so that people who read about your work can then go on to LEARN how to use your program, so if you could accredit me with something similar to the following:

Thanks so much, and have a great night.
A viewer didn't point this out... I did. Some idiot stole the Flafla2 screen name from me. I had to pick another screen name. Anyway, thanks for posting! I will post a link to your channel now.

Wait..did this even work?
Yeah.

im sure for some people it worked, it hasnt work for me.
Look above.

Flafla2

Smash Cadet

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
Alright, I am uploading V1.1 to Rapidshare now... Will not change the app itself, just the Disk image and the README. Also, if any smash developers knows how to get .NET 3.5 SP1 via Winetricks, PM me. This way I can get PSA working and not have to deal with any bugs in BrawlBox.

Yung Mei

how do we get a mod to sticky this?

ill try contacting one

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
you called?

And this topic isn't worthy of a sticky at the moment. The original BrawlBox thread wasn't even ever stickied lol.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Hey so I am having some difficulties and I was wondering if it was just my computer or the actual application. Whenever I try replacing a portrait with a csp I get an error message stating,

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Comtinue, the application with ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Could not load file or assembly 'System Core, Version+3.5.0.0, culture=neutral, publickeytoken=b77a5c5619343089' or one of its dependencies. exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002"

I have an OSX version 10.6 and have X11. Also the portraits themselves were pre-made by people on brawlvault so the sizes are correct and have proper transparency. I have tried using the common5.pac and the sc_selcharacter.pac both :/ I also have used the guides for brawlbox for replacing character portraits step by step so I am almost positive that I am not doing something stupid. So I guess I am asking, is anyone else having this problem? And if it is just me, does anyone have any idea of how to fix this?

Yung Mei

Hey so I am having some difficulties and I was wondering if it was just my computer or the actual application. Whenever I try replacing a portrait with a csp I get an error message stating,

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Comtinue, the application with ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Could not load file or assembly 'System Core, Version+3.5.0.0, culture=neutral, publickeytoken=b77a5c5619343089' or one of its dependencies. exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002"

I have an OSX version 10.6 and have X11. Also the portraits themselves were pre-made by people on brawlvault so the sizes are correct and have proper transparency. I have tried using the common5.pac and the sc_selcharacter.pac both :/ I also have used the guides for brawlbox for replacing character portraits step by step so I am almost positive that I am not doing something stupid. So I guess I am asking, is anyone else having this problem? And if it is just me, does anyone have any idea of how to fix this?
just ignore it, and continue, itll come up for everything

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
just ignore it, and continue, itll come up for everything
The problem is after I ignore it, it still doesnt do anything. A window opens up thats called advanced texture converter, but when I try to click okay or preview I get the same error message, although this time it also says,

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

It wont let me replace the portraits. Am I doing something wrong at this point?

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
The problem is after I ignore it, it still doesnt do anything. A window opens up thats called advanced texture converter, but when I try to click okay or preview I get the same error message, although this time it also says,

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

It wont let me replace the portraits. Am I doing something wrong at this point?
No. I had this problem myself, and I was confused too. What you need to do to fix this is, on the bottom right of the screen that pops up after you click "continue" on the warning, click the invisible checkbox next to "Preview". Again, my apologies for problems with the application. This is only because of Fire Trucking(Yay smosh reference!) .NET 3.5 SP1! I will continuously try to find information about this problem, but for not we just have to deal with the fact that windows
sucks

Yung Mei

but for not we just have to deal with the fact that windows
sucks
i was just picking my nose, then my reaction to this made me shove my finger way up there, and it hurts now :urg:

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
No. I had this problem myself, and I was confused too. What you need to do to fix this is, on the bottom right of the screen that pops up after you click "continue" on the warning, click the invisible checkbox next to "Preview". Again, my apologies for problems with the application. This is only because of Fire Trucking(Yay smosh reference!) .NET 3.5 SP1! I will continuously try to find information about this problem, but for not we just have to deal with the fact that windows
sucks
Ok so I hit around preview and I got the CSP image to show up. However it still doesnt let me push the Okay button without having the error message coming up. And then nothing happens :p Any suggestions?

Top Bottom