• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox and CSS Organizer for mac

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
good **** dude :D
Thank you... Uploading now! Problem is, there are a LOT of bugs... More than BrawlBox has!

The problem is after I ignore it, it still doesnt do anything. A window opens up thats called advanced texture converter, but when I try to click okay or preview I get the same error message, although this time it also says,

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

It wont let me replace the portraits. Am I doing something wrong at this point?
As a general rule of thumb in BrawlBox, just ignore all warnings. Many of your dreams will come true :).

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
Is it at least usable? Because if it is, you just saved me so much trouble of having to use Boot Camp to use it. ;_; <3
I think so... I haven't given it many tests... However I will upload what I have so far. Later, however, I will make a build that uses d3dx9 and some fonts I haven't installed yet.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Not to sound greedy but how did you go about doing this with Winebottler? I want to try to run OSA2 on my mac.

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
Not to sound greedy but how did you go about doing this with Winebottler? I want to try to run OSA2 on my mac.
Well, the first thing you need to do is go to http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/ to download Wine and WineBottler for mac. Next, download your .exe file and right click it. Select "Open With>Wine". Next, click "Turn into simple Mac OS X application with WineBottler".

WineBottler will open. This is the confusing part. You have to understand that Wine creates a "prefix" that contains all of the fake windows files. WineBottler installs these files when you open the application for the first time. Now, lets start clickin' options.

On the top, you will see the path to your .exe file. Under that, you will find a check box called "Copy Only". Select this if your .exe file ISN'T an installer file. This is usually the case. Under that you will "Advanced features". This is the important stuff. Most importantly, you will see "Winetricks". Select any checkboxes that you see under the application's system requirements. (ie: .NET, fonts, etc. Note that you can't use .NET 3.5+, but you can however get mono and forcemono to run under mono.) For brawl hacking tools, I use corefonts, tahoma, liberation, dotnet20, dotnet30, and d3dx9.

If you want anyone who doesn't have wine to use the application you are porting, click the checkbox next to "include wine binaries".

Near the bottom of the advanced features, you see some options that I have no Idea what they are :ohwell:. Finally, click "Install" and select a file path for your application.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE! This will take a loooooooooooooooooooong time to compile if you used Winetricks. Winebottler has to download all the files necessary to install all plugins used for the plug-ins, and install the plug-ins.

Bugeye27

Smash Rookie
My friend has problems using this. he said It closes at random times or when he views texture Data

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
ive been having a problem as well - when i try to open a texture, brawlbox crashes and closes
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=11475
this one to be specific. i havent checked to see if it does it on any other textures though
Hmm... I haven't been able to duplicate this problem. Try re-installing BrawlBox by getting the uninstaller Here. And reinstalling the package. If that STILL doesn't work, this may be a problem with the original BrawlBox, not the port.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Any chance you could fix the sample glitch?
(When you export an audacity .wav file, it says it lasts 36 samples)

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
Just to clarify, I didn't "make" this port. I simply took the tools that we as mac users have. One of these things is Wine and Winebotler. This is great because we can at least use BrawlBox's basic functions, but it also means that I can't change the source code (I don't know C#).

So, if anyone does know C#, and especially if they know how to develop for mono, then please contribute by either making BrawlBox mono-capable, or downgrading BrawlBox to .NET 3.0.

Smash Rookie
UPDATE: I AM WORKING ON A TUTORIAL ON HOW TO USE WINDOWS XP ALONGSIDE YOUR MAC. THIS IS ANOTHER FREE ALTERNATIVE YOU CAN USE. THIS ISN'T POSTED YET, BUT I HAVE TESTED BRAWLBOX USING THIS METHOD. IT(obviously) WORKS!
Is this done yet?

GearM6

Smash Rookie
wow this is friggen amazing! my only question is if you can get this to work on PPC since my Mac has been shunned by society and been given PPC

KururuSouchou

Smash Rookie
Just wondering, would it be possible to provide an alternative download link via Mediafire or Megaupload? 'Cause the Rapidshare one isn't working for me for some reason - it downloads 4.4MB of data, then stops.

KururuSouchou

Smash Rookie
Just wondering, would it be possible to provide an alternative download link via Mediafire or Megaupload? 'Cause the Rapidshare one isn't working for me for some reason - it downloads 4.4MB of data, then stops.
Bumping in the hopes that someone with the file sees this.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
cant be uploaded to Mediafire, IIRC, the program is over 1 gig large. i can try another place, though, ill get back to you later

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
Alright, I feel like an Olimar for not checking on my own thread in weeks lol! Anyway, yeah, I evidently lost the install file for XP... If you guys can find one you can also Use a program called VirtualBox to virtualize Windows XP.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
I'm confused x.x

I keep trying to install BrawlBox on my 10.6.6 Mac, and it keeps telling me an error caused it to fail. I have X11 as well. Is it just because my computer is a higher version, or do I just suck at computers?

EDIT: Sorry for teh bump, but this is probably the only way for me to get into Texture/PSA hacking..

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
I'm confused x.x

I keep trying to install BrawlBox on my 10.6.6 Mac, and it keeps telling me an error caused it to fail. I have X11 as well. Is it just because my computer is a higher version, or do I just suck at computers?

EDIT: Sorry for teh bump, but this is probably the only way for me to get into Texture/PSA hacking..
Sorry for the late reply. Do you have the latest version? If you don't, get the latest installer package. If you do, try an earlier version. Also, what exactly is going wrong? Is it just my installer? Or is it the app itself?

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
I know I downloaded the latest version.

And it's the installer itself. It goes through the process, then gives me an error. I can show you a screenie of what happens. I have all the System Requirements as well. I'll give one of the earlier versions a try later on.

EDIT:

Unless you can figure out something, I'll try using 1.1 for now :awesome:

DOUBLE EDIT: It's a little bumpy, but 1.1 works nonetheless.

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
I know I downloaded the latest version.

And it's the installer itself. It goes through the process, then gives me an error. I can show you a screenie of what happens. I have all the System Requirements as well. I'll give one of the earlier versions a try later on.

EDIT:

Unless you can figure out something, I'll try using 1.1 for now :awesome:

DOUBLE EDIT: It's a little bumpy, but 1.1 works nonetheless.
Okay, so the installer failed. This is honestly my fault... but anyway, the reason why I made the installer is to transition from version to version with ease. To get the new app without running any scripts...
[1]Right click on the installer package, click "Show package contents"
[2]Go to Contents/Packages, and right click on THAT installer package, click "Show package contents"
[3]Go to Contents/Archive.pax.gz and unarchive that.

Happy Hacking!

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
'Please set registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\InstallRoot to point to the .NET Framework install location'

Shoot. I think when I tried to use the newer version it.. sorta messed up. :/

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
'Please set registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\InstallRoot to point to the .NET Framework install location'

Shoot. I think when I tried to use the newer version it.. sorta messed up. :/
You see, I have to deal with this EVERY TIME I RELEASE A BUILD!!! :mad: Anyway, Just delete everything and do a clean install using the method I showed above... Here are the files you need to delete -

/Users/[Your Name]/Library/Application Support/Wine/prefixes/[All folders that have the word "BrawlBox" in it]
[Your Brawlbox apps]

It's like PC or Wine: Choose your poison...

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
You see, I have to deal with this EVERY TIME I RELEASE A BUILD!!! :mad: Anyway, Just delete everything and do a clean install using the method I showed above... Here are the files you need to delete -

/Users/[Your Name]/Library/Application Support/Wine/prefixes/[All folders that have the word "BrawlBox" in it]
[Your Brawlbox apps]

It's like PC or Wine: Choose your poison...
..wow. I managed to get V 1.1 working by redownloading .NETFramework 2.0 (I think), but I'll use your method so I can get V 2.0 of BrawlBox working!

and that last statement is oh so true xD

EDIT: SUCCESS! Thank you soooo much! Now I can finally get it working again! /is overreacting, but doesn't care

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
..wow. I managed to get V 1.1 working by redownloading .NETFramework 2.0 (I think), but I'll use your method so I can get V 2.0 of BrawlBox working!

and that last statement is oh so true xD

EDIT: SUCCESS! Thank you soooo much! Now I can finally get it working again! /is overreacting, but doesn't care
Yes! If you have any more questions, please feel free to post.

Top Bottom