• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Updatifier - update files and load from USB/ DVD-r

DoubleNeg

Smash Rookie
DoubleNeg, do you have Hermes's cIOS installed? IOS222, IOS38 combined with 37?
Ah, I suppose that is the problem. I guess I'll just look into loading Brawl+ another way though Loader GX.

edit: decided it was easier to just throw Hermes on it, and now I'm crashing when it goes to load on r11.

giantpune

Smash Cadet
is this a full fledge wad (channel) yet?
I have not made a wad of it yet. It seems that r10 and r11 each don't work for everybody. I'll have to find a way to combine the two to increase compatibility I guess.

But the channel generation code is already done. On another project I'm part of, USB Loader GX, we have the script to generate channels and upload them to a location (http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/downloads/list) so I think if somebody would like to try their hand at creating a banner, I will use it and add the channel generating script to this project as well. It will have to wait till I get a new wii, though, as mine has died.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
There are random times when it'll be a black screen after booting up, which I can just reset my Wii and second try it'll work, or no black screen at all first try. All in all it works lol, the Brawl Disc will work 100% of the time luckily.

And ouch @ your Wii dieing

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I have not made a wad of it yet. It seems that r10 and r11 each don't work for everybody. I'll have to find a way to combine the two to increase compatibility I guess.

But the channel generation code is already done. On another project I'm part of, USB Loader GX, we have the script to generate channels and upload them to a location (http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/downloads/list) so I think if somebody would like to try their hand at creating a banner, I will use it and add the channel generating script to this project as well. It will have to wait till I get a new wii, though, as mine has died.
Awesome dude, gl combining r10 and r11! USB Loader GX huh? I'm pretty sure that's the loader I use, it's excellent! Nice work on it! It's a solid loader! :)

Depster

Smash Champion
I get a code dump whenever I try to boot the game.

EDIT: I downloaded a different version (the third one on the dl section of giantpune's google page) and now it doesn't even read my codes but just skips to the game after saying it read the disk.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I get a code dump whenever I try to boot the game.

EDIT: I downloaded a different version (the third one on the dl section of giantpune's google page) and now it doesn't even read my codes but just skips to the game after saying it read the disk.

I've experienced the same issue. If I try updating I get a near instant code dump.

When I select my boot method, and I choose DVD, it booted the game without codes. Hmmm.

I was using rev11 version. Maybe I did something wrong?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
No, it's just because this uses Gecko 1.9.2b, which sucks balls.

Seriously, change it to Gecko 1.9.1, it's better...

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
There is no source for Gecko 1.9.1, Sage, only 1.9.2 through 1.9.3

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Yay. I'm migrating from the Brawl+ main thread to the Updatifier thread.

(boo)

Anyway, I spent a couple days (four) downloading a ripped copy of NTSC Brawl that Almas sent me so I could play NTSC Brawl+. He told me to burn it to DVD-r and that Brawl+ Updatifier would read it and play it, but when I stick it in and load the updatifier, it just goes to Gecko and then tells me no DVD is found when I try to launch the game.

:/

I've read something here about a IOS222 or something but it doesn't make any sense to me. I've only got HBC, Updatifier and regular Gecko 1.9.1 installed on my Wii (using firmware 3.3E still, not 4.2 or whatever). It's also a PAL Wii.

Can you guys help me to get my **** Wii to read this disc? I know the codes on the SD are correct as I booted them off a Wii with NTSC Brawl in and it worked fine. it's just the case of getting my Wii to load this dvd.
(then again I don't even know if I burned it correctly. Windows explorer doesn't know what's on the disc but PowerISO detects 4.3GB of stuff. bah. I'm sure I finalized it.)

i -really- want to play this. :(

giantpune

Smash Cadet
if it is booting the game with no codes applied, make sure you have cheats turned on in geckoOS. this uses the same settings file as that.

as far as teh random blackscreen stuff, i have gotten that, too. it seems to be an issue with the IOS and the brawl+ strap screen. i really cant fix it. it seems that i can boot the game with 222 fine. if i reset during the brawl+ strap screen, i get black screen next time i try to boot with 222. i really havent tried to track it down much more than that.

also, people having issues with the geckoOS part not reading their stuff from the SD card right, can you try r12? i havent had any reports on if it works better or worse. (all revisions work on my wii so i cant really tell)

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I dunno if it would be bad to bump this or not, but the issue of Gecko 1.9.3 and 1.9.2 is coming up a lot, and it's mainly due to the Updatifier using 1.9.3.

If it's possible, at ALL, please do not use 1.9.3 for this. Or at least don't force it to go into Gecko 1.9.3 after updating. Both cause code dumps for an unknown reason, and I think, by the poll of most people coming into the chat or posting on the forums, that 1.9.3 is the problem.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
I used this to switch to B+. But for some reason, I see none of that "fun speed" everyone's talking about. It seems even slower to me. :( not to mention, what if I WANT to use some of my current PSA hacks? I mean, seriously, just put a "NO" option when it asks to overwrite the current files.

Arron7588

Smash Rookie
question... are you gonna add in charachter textures to make sonic look like shadow and ****???

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
question... are you gonna add in charachter textures to make sonic look like shadow and ****???
This is not the thread to ask for that; see this thread for installing textures and this thread for downloading textures like Shadow.

I dunno if it would be bad to bump this or not, but the issue of Gecko 1.9.3 and 1.9.2 is coming up a lot, and it's mainly due to the Updatifier using 1.9.3.

If it's possible, at ALL, please do not use 1.9.3 for this. Or at least don't force it to go into Gecko 1.9.3 after updating. Both cause code dumps for an unknown reason, and I think, by the poll of most people coming into the chat or posting on the forums, that 1.9.3 is the problem.
When I did the safe update, I had to re-patch the trucha bug into the latest version of IOS36 and that fixed all of the Code Dumps I've been having...

BaconLegs

Smash Journeyman
Is there any place I can get that fantastic background the updatifier is sporting?
I couldn't find it anywhere, and I'd like it on my computer as well.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
It's tricky to look for, but it's in the source

I started to do minor edits to giantpune's updatifier (until he comes back) and replaced the disc/DVD/USB loader w/ Gecko 1.9.1 for now

shinginta

Smash Rookie
Alright, I've got an interesting issue- after dropping my Wii, my disc drive no longer works, so I have to rely on backups of all my games. I'm having trouble installing Brawl+ with an ISO, with details as follows:

1: I installed Updatifier [1.1 v5] when my DVD drive was still running, and updated all the codes for Brawl+.
2: Using USBLoader GX, Ocarina tells me that the code is too many lines.
3: SnapLoader will not work- NeoGamma loads the code and loads the game, but the snapshot itself doesn't load any of the Brawl+ changes when I look at it. I've tried it with a .bin I saved myself, and then a .bin from a guide linked here on the forum.
4: Going back to Brawl Updatifier, I've tried all USB-loading versions posted on the googlecode site, and none of them worked. v9 v10 and v11 all loaded froze as the screen started dimming to run the game from USB.

I have cIOS v14 for 249, and I have Hermes' IOS222 and 223 installed. Halp plox?

[E] Woop, nevermind. Found a solution in the Brawl+ Channel.

brawlpwnage

Smash Rookie
OK I installed brawl+ using the "updatifier" but I want to remove it so I can load texture hacks egularly without playing brawl+ how do I do so? Also random but does anyone know a ganon w/sword dl link for texture hack not phantomwings code? NM I FIGURED IT OUT IGNORE THIS POST AND IDK HOW TO DELETE IT SO....

brawllegend

Smash Rookie
Very convenient :D by any chance, would you consider making a modified Updatifier that sets up Brawl+ using the Double gct method? That way I could play it through my USB loader instead of having to go into Gecko OS..

xXxAcexXx

Smash Rookie
hey umm....i downloaded it and it finished uploading and stuff but now when i click play the screen goes to black.....y is this and how do i fix it?

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
haha i dont know what revision im using, but it supports usb loading... very well :-) i have a channel that loads that loader....

on a side note...
where and what the hell was that one release of minus (i think) that had that awesome verbal main screen song.. it kinda sounded like a lyrical joke song but it was so epic ;-)

Top Bottom