• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Tournament Finals: Best Players In The World LOL

FeArTeHsMaSh

Smash Cadet
Ah, notice how skilled players prevail even on random stages and with items.

Is it time for a change in the competitive smash communities rule set !?!?!?!?!

The sudden death was where the tournament was truly at.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I laughed until i cried. Then I realized how much better Melee is than Brawl on the competitive scene. You can check my previous posts, I said some pretty n00bish things. The sudden death at the end was cool at least, nice combo Luigi.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
With Oscar's tournament victory, I'd be proud if he joined the Bladebreakers. I even have a sig ready for him.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
Ah, notice how skilled players prevail even on random stages and with items.

Is it time for a change in the competitive smash communities rule set !?!?!?!?!

The sudden death was where the tournament was truly at.
Random stages? Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, and Shadow Moses Island. Shadow Moses Island is only banned because of some infinites against the walls, and the other three are neutral.

Also: You're right the better player did win, even though items were on; 2 out of 3 times, not counting the sudden death. With items off, he almost certainly would have won every time, barring the other two purely ganging up to beat him.

If I remember correctly, he owned the sudden death so quickly that items didn't even get a chance to appear.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
HELLS YEAH! Oscar is the ****ing man.

Good **** taking one for smashboards.

LOL, oscar's been around since before half of you ever picked up a controller. He's legit.

I believe he took me out in pools at Superchamp combo. So yeah. Unless you have taken HugS out in a melee tournament, Oscar is cooler than you.

I think the quote of the day goes to:
"Brother on Brother violence, it's just like South Central" when referring to the Mario vs Luigi match.

Edit: Who are the blade breakers?

S2

Smash Lord
OMG,

When I started watching this and saw Oscar sitting there I nearly lost it. For some reason my brain didn't connect that this and the big Best Buy sponsered event he won were going to be the same thing.

You rock Oscar, congrats on your win. That last single stock round was awesome.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
oscar "ultra luigi" lives in oxnard with me and it was ****ing hilarious seeing him play in this joke tournament. he held it down for the 805 and took the noob money so its all good

btw oscar was a top 10 ranked player in melee in socal, hes ****ing good

RedBoo

Smash Rookie
I actually enjoyed the matches, but I'm new so don't judge me.

hahaha
"They're playing for vouchers, this is serious"

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, but they didn't look good. Next time we have a tournament for the best in the world, let's ditch items and get DBR in there. ; ) That would be better. That tournament looked like a joke, from the play, to the host, to the judges, to the horrible trivia question and to the geekiness there.

Sorry, that was just bad. I feel so better about my Brawl skills now.

Force

Smash Apprentice
i dont understand why there wasnt 3 sonics or fox's in the finals of that just ganking the smash ball and killing with landmaster or supersonic. i've seen someone with a landmaster take 5 stocks from 3 opponents.

icincelli

Smash Cadet
wow they were not good..... Oscar was good ive seen him at a melee mlg tourny before... the riverside guy sucks balls ive seen him before at a gamestop tourny it was so garbage...... it makes me feel bad to be from riverside.

N M E

Smash Apprentice
Those player were great, best i've seen. Those comentators (?) were excellent. definatly the Best in the world...
*sarcasm*

-N M E

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
LOLOLOLOLOL

but i must admit, that sudden death match was RRAAAPPPEEE
gg, champ

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
This is what you get when you ask Gamespot to do anything. Stuttering, clueless announcers, cut-away from the game screen in order for the "Experts" to get face time, (Which, causes the viewer to miss K'Os and lose sight of what has happened in the match) and barefly-above-average players who call themselves "Champions". Jeez, I feel like I could have beaten those players, and I don't even own Brawl.

Utterly weak.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
lol they trying to copy korean starcraft
by cutting screen to peoples faces.
hah too bad starcraft is played as it gets more intense as it goes on = screen time early game.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
The one who used Luigi and DK was the only one of those three who was worth a crap. You could tell by looking at him too, he looked like he had no life.

Anyways, that was awful. That whole tournament was ridiculous, the host new nothing about what was going on lol. And those "experts" said some really stupid stuff.

"That spring my change the layout of the stage slightly."
"Ike is a little bit faster than DK."
"Wolf is a really strong character."
"ROB is a rad robot."
"Items."

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Wow. They are sooo good. I can't believe they've actually discovered how to do the dreaded roll. My god, did you see them use their upbs in such innovative ways as to recover from certain death.

On a more serious note that was one of the greatest wastes of 5 minutes of my life. I could guarantee a 2 stock vs. any one of them. If gamespot thinks these people are the best in the world they must also have other misconceptions about our world. I have to doubt that they've figured out that the world is round yet.

wangston

Smash Lord
Wow that was bad. 3 people FFA to decide who the best is. Though I was impressed with the last match. 16 seconds and Luigi only had 5% on him.

Top Bottom