• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Tournament Finals: Best Players In The World LOL

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
Man, that was awesome. That's how real tournaments are played, 3 people, select items on, 4 stocks. Any stage goes.

Anyone else notice they used a variety of terms, including the flat out inaccurate "smash attack" to describe a final smash, but never final smash.

The star rod is apparently called the magical staff.

The dragoon has 4 parts. That would make it tough to assemble.

All of their knowledge of Meta Knight must be based off of the anime, they even used Zorro as a way to describe him.

The most priceless part:
"Well, being the third best in the world still isn't bad."
"True that."

The irony was win.

~preCurser

Smash Cadet
HAHAHA, that luigi (Oscar) was ULTRA luigi. I was so surprised to see Oscar on there, forgot he had to fly up to SF for that. I guess its now a fact he is best luigi...in the world.

GreenMarth

Smash Apprentice
Behold, the game that Sakurai envisioned... A few days and full of lolz it is. Anyone else find it troubling that in banning items the directors chose to get rid of bomb-ombs and NOT Dragoon Parts?
yes i agree i wish i was in this =/ (1000$?!)

Not sure if this ad popped up for anyone else while watching.. but LOL.

No offense Oscar. :p And Oscar's the only one who's good amongst them. Jeremy looked like a Gorilla to me.. lol no offense.
GORDON FREEMAN OSCAR FTW!

BarakuDragon

Smash Cadet
lol, best players in the world? Lets not play these games, I think my snake could clearly take these guys on, plus there using items, anyone could win with items and smash balls >_>. I was expecting it to be a 1 on 1 but 3 on 3 tournement? Wth is that ? lol. Oh well, entertaining at least anyway, LOL @ "I never knew that combination existed" . These guys were priceless for sur.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
lol, best players in the world? Lets not play these games, I think my snake could clearly take these guys on, plus there using items, anyone could win with items and smash balls >_>. I was expecting it to be a 1 on 1 but 3 on 3 tournement? Wth is that ? lol. Oh well, entertaining at least anyway, LOL @ "I never knew that combination existed" . These guys were priceless for sur.
I think anyone that comes to these forums can be the crap out of those guys...seriously...

rofa

Smash Journeyman
this whole thing is so frustrating! who are they to say "these are the best brawlers IN THE WORLD!" they didn't even say how they determined that these three were the best.

the fact of the matter is that gamespot is lying and using their lie to make money by fooling people into thinking they are watching the best brawlers in the world, when in reality, they are definitely NOT. i am going to write then a nasty email.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
First of all, best in the world? That's not only a diss to the people who have devoted years to this game, but to the japanese, they aren't THAT bad. lol

Remember when that guy said he's devoted hundreds of hourse to smash.... I've devoted hundreds of hours to FE (yes its because of marth) and I suck at it, I devoted hundreds of hours to Pokemon.... and that was in the month it came out. He clearly doesn't know much bout smash. >.>

Here's one other thing. What if this is the best way to play the game. What if we all hate on brawl so much cuz we aren't playing right. Maybe we should do 3 person FFA in tournies. Maybe items will make up for the lack of complex gameplay. *isn't sure if he's being sarcastic or not*

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Ultra actually browses the boards, is an avid tourny goer in SoCal, and is actually on one of the best Luigi's in the country, so don't talk **** if you don't know anything. The other 2 guys I'm not sure, Jeremy seemed aiight, bu idk. But still, all of you are Brawl noobs who should just keep their holes closed if you're not informed. Obviously they're not the best in the world; it's televised and of course they're going to say anything for publicity and to look good. Don't down the players for the lame commentating. Good clux to them for making it, and good **** Oscar for winning. Jab to upB's too good...

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
So do I have to mention that I’ve been a member of this place to not be recognized as a noob around here? Like someone mentioned, this was live. What else would they say to attract more people to their website, of course they would say something like that.

You guys can clown all you want, **** I’m the one who got a free trip to Norcal, everything paid and I came back with 700$. :chuckle:

The tournament was a 3 on 3 because before this took place, it was all done online. An admin had to ref the match and so one spot was taken in each match. I think around 273 people entered and I made it to the end. I’m not the best, I never claimed that I was in that video. Pull your arrogance out of your ***** because you guys don’t know **** about me.

To the people who do know me, thanks a lot for the shoutouts. And lol @ the Half Life picture. Too good!

Also don’t assume everyone is a noob just because they enjoy using items every once in a while. Item matches really aren’t that bad.

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
I don't know what to say after seeing that sig. O_O

Too bad the best Brawler in the world isn't even in SoCal's Brawl Power Rankings. XD

spfx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3952-7033-3602
Hey Oscar, can you give us more insight on ur experience in that tournament there? How was it at that gamespot place? =P how do they work things? I'm just really curious, and since ur in SWF just wanted to ask you.

btw, nice job. =P
P.S. - did you notice that that Jeremy guy kept on opening his mouth and looked like he was having a seizure?

Banks

Smash Hero
if i were you i'd take the title and run with it, since you can argue that gamespot is more credible than power rankings on swf (lol). even if you don't believe it yourself, MILK THAT FOR ALL ITS WORTH

and i give anyone permission to rock this sig ROFL

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
those guys are ****ING **** AT THIS GAME.

edit/ nvm i guess the guy who won is actually decent. sorry man :) congrats on 700

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
if i were you i'd take the title and run with it, since you can argue that gamespot is more credible than power rankings on swf (lol). even if you don't believe it yourself, MILK THAT FOR ALL ITS WORTH

I totally copied your idea. xD

M@v

Subarashii!
rofl. xD. "Best Brawlers in the world" Thats why they were using items and doing 3 ways. And the taunting was too funny...idiots. But then again, GAMESPOT says they are the best, so I guess they are, even I could beat them...(The luigi guy isnt BAD, but I know much better luigi players)

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace

Maybe your local non tourney idiots would believe you but you’d be considered a joke around SoCals competitive community if you went off claiming you’re the best for winning a GameSpot tourney. That’s just as bad as saying you’re the best for winning EVO. At least GameSpot had the nerve to remove items like the Starman and the hammers. EVO’s rules seem to be a lot worse, with the exception of the 3 player battle.

@spfx: They showed us around GS HQ for about a half an hour. It’s just a bunch of rooms with computers and video games lying around. They have a lounge where they eat and play games (they have a few arcades there). Then they interviewed us one by one, and took us around San Francisco so we could do the lame taunts. We went out to eat, went back to GS HQ and then they got things ready for the show. It was fun, embarrassing but fun.

**** I look sexy in those sigs. :laugh:

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
holy **** that oscar dude is a beast i wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley he'd probably jab jab upB me

Banks

Smash Hero
lol yea oscar obviously tournament goers wouldn't believe that, but you can still say it all the time anyway =p

Binx

Smash Master
Oscar is too good =), its funny when I watched the first video I saw pretty clearly that Luigi was the better player of the three. I dunno he had pretty decent spacing, I would have ledgestalled better against Wolf and Robs FS. In fact I would have ledge stalled pretty much the entire second match because he should have known they would gang up on him.

EDIT: Hey just started reading other parts of the thread, didn't know you (oscar) were Ultra Luigi, good **** man, good ****. You totally owned that last match, hilarious.

Skler

Smash Master
If I won I'd go to tournies and even if I don't win I'd just say they used the wrong rule set. Smash was made for 3 person FFAs with items on, none of that ******** 1v1 no items ****.

Thank god the only good player won.

Top Bottom