• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Tournament Baltimore Md

Rdalebandit

Smash Rookie
Few of my friends and I are holding a brawl tournament Wednesday August 19, 2009

This was a spur of the moment event but it will turn into biweeklies so don't get upset if you are not able to make this particular one. I apologize about the rashness of the original post I was not clear there had to be a particular forum to the entire thing I'm new to the post scene.

Where:
The tournament will be held at Essex Community College in the "B" theatrical building parking will be available near the entrance.

Fee:
There will be a singles and doubles tournament each will have a fee of 10 dollars obviously 20 for the doubles 10 per person

Time:
We will begin doubles at about 2:00 2:30 pm in which hopefully everyone will have enough time to get there singles will take place following the doubles ending

Pot Split:
doubles will have a 70% 30% split between the 1st and 2nd place winners
singles will have a split for the 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners 60% 25% 15%

Rules
3 stock
8 minutes
no items
pause will be turned off
double elimination
matches will be won in a 2 out of 3 round fashion
first stage must be agreed upon the loser will determine the next
BANNED STAGES ( my bad ) 75m, Big Blue, Bridge of Eldin, Corneria, Green Hill
Zone, Hanenbow, Hyrule Temple, Mario Bros. , Mario circuit, flatzone, both
mushroom kingdoms,new pork city, onett, rumble falls, shadow moses,
skyworld, spear pillar, the summit, wario ware, port town aer drive, norfair,
green greens, distant planet
meta knight cape glitch banned
stalling banned
if dispute of ports happens a fight till the death must take place so bring a
stick or something

I believe this covers any and all questions if any more arise let me kno

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
Better, sadface at green greens but it's fine I'll get over it.

SpartanX123

Smash Cadet
You gotta give us more warning man, next time you host a tournument, be sure to post information maybe 2 weeks before the time it is happening.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Will I be penalized if the stick has nails in it?

That's much better. Btw, bump so people see this. I want to play as many smashers as I can.

Is there going to be a spectator fee? And there'll be time for friendlies, right?

Rdalebandit

Smash Rookie
There will be about an hour time for friendlies at the beginning while everyone is still showing up

NO SPECTATOR FEE names ( handle ) will all be written down as you pay so there will be no confusion with the spectators being there

Bizjark

Smash Rookie
You gotta give us more warning man, next time you host a tournument, be sure to post information maybe 2 weeks before the time it is happening.
We only decided to do this last wednesday, to which we posted this pretty much that night or maybe the day after. Anyway, if this turns out well, we will surely try to have more.

Also, just can't stress this enough though it's not really included anywhere. Any extra set ups would be greatly appreciated, there are a total of only 3 wii's and tv's that we're planning on having. If the turnout isn't so big, then it's not a huge deal, but obviously if we get a good amount of people, the wait may be a bit much. No problem if we don't get anymore, just saying it would speed things along.

Coney

Smash Master
only 16 people showed up, kinda tiny

chu showed up, the *******, got first in singles and doubles

i think it went like this:

doubles -

1 ) chu + hat
2 ) asaph + liquid (???)
3 ) ee + waffle

singles )

1,2) chu/hat, didn't finish the set when we had to leave
3 ) coney

that's all i know, thread should be made soon though

ChuDat

Smash Master
only 16 people showed up, kinda tiny

chu showed up, the *******, got first in singles and doubles

i think it went like this:

doubles -

1 ) chu + hat
2 ) asaph + liquid (???)
3 ) ee + waffle

singles )

1,2) chu/hat, didn't finish the set when we had to leave
3 ) coney

that's all i know, thread should be made soon though
LMFAO

10 characters

Bizjark

Smash Rookie
Probably an unnecessary bump but just wanted to let anyone who went to this 2 weeks ago know that we are NOT having it today. In case anyone was convinced this was a biweekly, just wanted to make it clear that its not happening this week so no one wastes a trip up to the college.

We're still working to see if we want to have it here with the school semester starting and everything. Hopefully we'll get something figured out before too long and this really can be turned into a biweekly event. If not, it was fun while it lasted, all 1 times that it happened :p

Top Bottom