• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

Steb

Smash Journeyman
For anyone planning to stay long, I suggest you eat first or bring something to eat because there isn't any fast food restaurants around that I could find. Closest thing I could find was an Ultramar, lol. There are some some soft drinks and instant soup in the HQ though.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
For anyone planning to stay long, I suggest you eat first or bring something to eat because there isn't any fast food restaurants around that I could find. Closest thing I could find was an Ultramar, lol. There are some some soft drinks and instant soup in the HQ though.
Thanks for the info!

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Good games everyone. Really good turnout. Good to see everyone again.

And I was a bit wrong about the food. There's a Subway on the way to the venue from Laurier metro (but its pretty far from the venue) and some random depanneurs around the venue someone told me about that have small things like Jamaican patties.

Also, to Techiyo and to anyone else that plays SC2, my account name is Atrelol, code: 393

Rion

Smash Journeyman
I see how it is. The minute I leave Montreal cool stuff happens. =(

Seriously! I'm envious.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Si quelqu'un peut amener une manette pour moi, je pourrais amener un setup avec Brawl.. quelqu'un faudrait qui amene melee pour mon setup ou sinon on jouera a brawl i guess avec ce setup la.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
I would like to go but I'm not going to as I am very sick. Don't want to make the entire smash community sick.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
So...

the venue is a bit on the smallish side, but as long as it's not tuesdays/fridays it should be fine.

address : 5445 rue de Gaspé suite 803

Directions are pretty simple, when you get off at laurier station, outside you go north, across the St-Joseph boulevard and go on laurier street. from there you go west until the Gaspé street, then walk north. You should walk by a Primary school and a park. Once you're at the building (you'll know when you see it) go inside, take the elevator to the 8th floor. When you get out the elevator it won't really be clear where to go, but you'll see a glass wall. Enter that corridor and you should see a door with "MTLSF" and the MTLSF logo. Wow you're there.

It's two rooms, one has 2 arcade cabinets with some normal stations and the other has a bunch of stations.

5$ a night, 20$ a month, 200$ half a year/year (monthly and bi/yearly includes venue fees for tournaments that might be held on other days than weeklies, or any other day you might want to go there and play other games than smash)

One station has a PC/Dazzle hooked with mics for streaming and recording, so the old and forgotten weekly stream might come back!

You guys can decide which day you would want for a weekly, or if you don't even want a set day at all, but I think wednesdays would be simpler for everyone.

Also bring the love for the SF community for this place, and play a few games of ST on the arcade cabinet and feel the 90s.

EDIT : oh and we would need to bring wiis. More TVs are always useful, but I wouldn't think it is required.
There. :042:

kr3wman

Smash Master
The laurier station has two ends.

One where you're already on Laurier street, so you don't have to cross the St-Joseph boulevard. Just keep walking west until De Gaspé street and north until the building.

You probably won't miss the street since it has traffic lights for some reason.

TimCalhoon

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, just wanted to let you guys know that Gamers World has reopened and that if your looking for a place for brawl and melee, you can probably go there. They have reopened under a new name, though its still pretty close, the new name is Gamer's Vault.

I used to play Magic at old Gamer's, and I remember the smash crew so ill see if I can talk to the staff to see if you guys can start smashing there again, I think thursday might be free...theres a big miniature crew so they're kind of swamped during the other days I think. For those of you who don't know gamer's its at 4986 Queen Mary across from Snowdon Metro. Anyway I would like to start playing brawl a little more competitively, (I main Ness!) so this could be good for all of us.

So reply if your interested and I'll keep you guys posted.

kr3wman

Smash Master
minuit, minuit et demi la plupart du temps

/

12, 12:30 most of the time.

Hi guys, just wanted to let you guys know that Gamers World has reopened and that if your looking for a place for brawl and melee, you can probably go there. They have reopened under a new name, though its still pretty close, the new name is Gamer's Vault.

I used to play Magic at old Gamer's, and I remember the smash crew so ill see if I can talk to the staff to see if you guys can start smashing there again, I think thursday might be free...theres a big miniature crew so they're kind of swamped during the other days I think. For those of you who don't know gamer's its at 4986 Queen Mary across from Snowdon Metro. Anyway I would like to start playing brawl a little more competitively, (I main Ness!) so this could be good for all of us.

So reply if your interested and I'll keep you guys posted.
The MTLSF community already lets us use their place, but thanks. If you wanna play brawl or any other smash game you can always come over there.

kr3wman

Smash Master
ça dépend.

après 8pm tu peux te stationner devant le building gratuitement, mais avant faudrait que tu cherches.

En métro c'est pas mal facile si tu te perds pas.

Top Bottom