• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

Alopex

Smash Ace
Is there a doubles tournament happening today, by the way? Or... sometime in the very near future? If so, when, and, at Gamer's World?

Alopex

Smash Ace
Nevermind. I found the "Fight For Your Friends" post. Thanks for being so helpful and directing me to it. That's how a community should treat the newcomers.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
I think Rick's reply was to you calling it Game Power or something, since its called gamer's world, which counts as a failure post but yeah, if you wanted to know about the tournament and according to you, you keep saying that you keep hearing about it here somewhere then you could have easily seen the links to the thread as well a few pages back.

Also, we take good care of our newcommers, you can just as the dozen of them that joined just this summer. Not because you missed a clearly visible thread about this city's biggest tournament and us making fun of you for it does not make us evil.

Alopex

Smash Ace
I got confused with the store in Ottawa I used to go to. That one was called GamePower. No affiliations with the magazine, though.
http://www.gpsystems.ca/index.php
Back in my day, they actually sold vidjamagames and didn't shorten the name down to "GP". Kids these days, no respect.

And you'll notice that I caught my mistake and edited the post before anyone actually pointed anything out. So it wasn't total failure.

And really, Wolf? Raging?

I heard about the tournament from one of the Weeklies, but I heard no mention of the thread back then because it hadn't been made yet. I only check this thread on the regional forums. I have it bookmarked, so I just come here to get updated and then move on to the character boards. So it wasn't hard to miss the thread. That's when I came here. And I regret nothing.

zaf

Smash Lord
Confirming this wednesday for the weekly. bringing a wii/tv/brawl/Jer.

My schedule allows me to make it still. hope to see people there still =]

Rion Prower

Smash Cadet
I'll probably end up going because this'll be my "last" weekly here since I'm going down to Toronto for school ^^;. It'll be a long while before I get the chance to come to another weekly again (Like Christmas or something!) so I might as well make this one~

I'll go to Weekly if I see Were-Wolf and Rion there.

Oh and if someone Ganon-duel me ;D!
Pound Cake! Do you want me to come so you can make fun of me some more?! :dizzy: Just kidding~

Pound Cake

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably end up going because this'll be my "last" weekly here since I'm going down to Toronto for school ^^;. It'll be a long while before I get the chance to come to another weekly again (Like Christmas or something!) so I might as well make this one~

Pound Cake! Do you want me to come so you can make fun of me some more?! :dizzy: Just kidding~
What me? I would never do such a thing.
Bento was the one whispering taunts and insults at me, I felt urged to tell you all the nasty things Bento thinks of Zelda, y'know, being the only princess captured by a giant emo thug who likes twilight.

'Sides, I like playing against you, Bento (and hopefully Were-Wolf).

Steb

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably come to the next weekly with a Wii. Depends if some school stuff happens.

I'd like to play a few matches with you before you leave Rion. At least you'll still have the Toronto people to play with.

I didn't know Ally lived so close to Montreal. Gonna be interesting.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
ally it'd be awesome if you started coming to these things, we all gotta learn how to play against god tier chars :)

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Not to sound like everyone else, but I really would like it if you came Ally. I was too busy with the tournament to have any friendlies with anyone and it would be great if I could have some matches with you. Considering the fact that I don't own a Wii myself, we'll just have to wait until we meet again.

Pound Cake

Smash Apprentice
C'est parfait Were-Wolf, J'ai hate to see you!

Fizzi: I never asked, but where in New Jersey are you from? I was born in Livingston and grew up for 12 years in Monmouth county, 1/2 hour from Trenton.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
C'est parfait Were-Wolf, J'ai hate to see you!

Fizzi: I never asked, but where in New Jersey are you from? I was born in Livingston and grew up for 12 years in Monmouth county, 1/2 hour from Trenton.
Well, I was born in Quebec and was there for 7 years, but I lived in Monroe Township, NJ from age 11-18, it's in Middlesex County.

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna try to make it to this one if not for all the craziness of frosh, and Id bring my wii... I def wanna make it to this one for RION (seeing as this is his last one), I absolutely need to play you, my conscience could not sit still after the dirtiness that happened between us at the tournament :-( what a way to shut me down, how could u

Rion Prower

Smash Cadet
What me? I would never do such a thing.
Bento was the one whispering taunts and insults at me, I felt urged to tell you all the nasty things Bento thinks of Zelda, y'know, being the only princess captured by a giant emo thug who likes twilight.

'Sides, I like playing against you, Bento (and hopefully Were-Wolf).
Aww, well it's always fun to play with you all ^^ Can't get enough Brawl~

I'll probably come to the next weekly with a Wii. Depends if some school stuff happens.

I'd like to play a few matches with you before you leave Rion. At least you'll still have the Toronto people to play with.

I didn't know Ally lived so close to Montreal. Gonna be interesting.
Well, it's not exactly Toronto per say ; ;. I'm going to be living in Oakville (staying at Sheridan College Residence) and the public transportation is pretty grim around there from my experience. But hey, maybe I'll find something that can work for me! I hope...

Any suggestions to any nearby Brawling around there?

I'm gonna try to make it to this one if not for all the craziness of frosh, and Id bring my wii... I def wanna make it to this one for RION (seeing as this is his last one), I absolutely need to play you, my conscience could not sit still after the dirtiness that happened between us at the tournament :-( what a way to shut me down, how could u
Haha, the bluffed Uair of doom always tricks people one time or another~ but yeah, we had a pretty frustrating match! I'm sorry the Uair had to hit ;o but it was for the sake... of victory~!

Did I suddenly become a popular 1VS1 person or something?! :laugh: I don't mind it though. The fun and the experience is always welcomed~ I'll gladly fight all of you that want to Wednesday.

Top Bottom