• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

zaf

Smash Lord
gg's all.
I will post the current results and points for today's leaderboard tomorrow morning. I am currently tired lol and going to bed.
@chet and joel, its on suckers!!!!11!!
@joel, lol. just to be clear on the point system, send me an offline message via msn of what we agreed on.
@big rick <3<3<3

really good to see more and more people coming each week

Agora

Smash Journeyman
They seriously need to get component cables for the LCDs. At least for their own Wii.
Did you guys propose it to the GW peeps?

WarranThad

Smash Ace
sorry i didn't come, i was scared i'd be controllerless and my bus wasnt coming.

plus i got to rest my injured wrist, didnt want to drop sat. cuz of injury :).

filauc

Smash Journeyman
And I agree with Rick to switch the weeklie from Wednesday to Tuesday each week.

zaf

Smash Lord
And I agree with Rick to switch the weeklie from Wednesday to Tuesday each week.
I third this.

But like joel said we need to wait for everyone else who is in school to know their schedules an work days. We cant base our game day just off us three. Its based off of the majority of the scene

WERE-Wolf

Smash Apprentice
I dont think we can just move the weeklie day... it would have to match with gamer's agenda wich pretty much has an event each day for different games. I deleted their august schedule they sent me via email but im pretty sure they wont let us. Unless they already told you we could?

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Keep in mind that Gamers' World has Warhammer nights on Tuesday, so if we move there it would get a lot more cramped. Anyone who has seen the place before the TV's are brought out will know what I'm talking about.

WERE-Wolf

Smash Apprentice
Keep in mind that Gamers' World has Warhammer nights on Tuesday, so if we move there it would get a lot more cramped. Anyone who has seen the place before the TV's are brought out will know what I'm talking about.
Yes.

There is enough people there already.

BentoBox

Smash Master
@zaf:

ROFL. You don't think Snake does well against MK? Alright.

And a few notes:

- NinjaLink's Diddy 2-0'ed M2K's MK. M2K then said that Diddy has the advantage in the matchup for now, but with more experience it'll probably straight even. Diddy is the only character that could possibly be said to have an advantage over MK.
- Snake vs MK is very difficult for Snake in higher levels of play, but its definitely possible, and without a doubt is somewhere near an even matchup (note that I said near).
- DK can KO MK at 80% with the downsmash. This matchup is all about spacing and using attacks with little lag after them until you can catch MK with his pants down for a free KO.
- I saw Sliq's Bowser beat DSF's MK on Rainbow Cruise. There is even a video of it. 'Nugh said.
- Marth isn't even, but only a slight disadvantage when compared to other characters. He definitely has the potential to put MK on the ropes.
- The reason that Fox/Zelda/Olimar had ??? after them was because I'm personally not too sure about them. I've never seen a high-level player that uses one of those three, and I've never seen these characters vs good MKs, so those 3 are pure conjecture on my part.
Brick should lynch you for misleading >:[

Pound Cake

Smash Apprentice
Let's see some schedules guys :B

All my classes end at 6:30 or earlier, so I guess I'm free (I've still yet to go to a weekly).

p.s How was were-wolf at smash D: Sorry I didn't get to play ya bud, you there at the tournament?

WERE-Wolf

Smash Apprentice
p.s How was were-wolf at smash D: Sorry I didn't get to play ya bud, you there at the tournament?
Heh i got powned so bawd :O

For the tournament, i do not think so, parents are going on vacations for 3 weeks so they want me to do some things before they leave. Plus its not like i had any chance of winning anything, i mean lets agree on this, it would be fun but i kinda wanna start saving some money because i bought a wii and no longer have a job so yea, if ill be spending money on a game, i want to win something out of it :p..... so i guess well meet next weekly?

Oh and guys, be sure to birng some cameras to record every match :O and post em on youtube caus nurd

Rion Prower

Smash Cadet
Whoo~ that was a little bit better for me than last week. It's too bad my Zelda and my friend's Ganondorf didn't get too far in the whole Doubles part (Darn you ROB), but I was doing a lot better in singles than last week.

I must try to get some more singles experience if I can. It's certainly been a bit enlightening to say the least, and I'd like to thank again the people I got to have the 1on1s with. ^^

Pound Cake

Smash Apprentice
Heh i got powned so bawd :O

For the tournament, i do not think so, parents are going on vacations for 3 weeks so they want me to do some things before they leave. Plus its not like i had any chance of winning anything, i mean lets agree on this, it would be fun but i kinda wanna start saving some money because i bought a wii and no longer have a job so yea, if ill be spending money on a game, i want to win something out of it :p..... so i guess well meet next weekly?

Oh and guys, be sure to birng some cameras to record every match :O and post em on youtube caus nurd

Aw, dude.

No sweat, I get spanked by these guys so much. They act modest (most :B), but they destroy me without losing a stock~

I'll see you at a weekly or a small smashfest sometime!

WERE-Wolf

Smash Apprentice
Aw, dude.

No sweat, I get spanked by these guys so much. They act modest (most :B), but they destroy me without losing a stock~

I'll see you at a weekly or a small smashfest sometime!
Nah... everyone's pretty cool and do not act modest.

Hopefully, well meet next wednesday?

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Whoo~ that was a little bit better for me than last week. It's too bad my Zelda and my friend's Ganondorf didn't get too far in the whole Doubles part (Darn you ROB), but I was doing a lot better in singles than last week.

I must try to get some more singles experience if I can. It's certainly been a bit enlightening to say the least, and I'd like to thank again the people I got to have the 1on1s with. ^^
You indeed shined a lot more in Singles than Doubles, if you ask me.
I didn't even notice you had such a good Zelda until we went 1v1 :p Although that might also be because my Luigi can't handle Zelda for **** : (

DarkISDA

Smash Lord

I remember that your Zelda was a pain in team XD (I mean for me). Next Weekly let's do a 2 out of 3 1v1, what do you say? XP

Rion Prower

Smash Cadet
Mm yes, go my Ganondorf bodyguard! Let me sit back and cover you with Din Fires! Mwahaha...

But in all seriousness, I'm not too sure if I can make it next week because I have to start packing for school (going to Ontario). So if anything, next week will me my last weekly here for a while if I do come.

Agora: Yeah for teams... I was messing up a truckload. Until I came to this weekly, I have never even touched the Team Battles option. Sweet spot Dair on my partner, Bair/Fair-ing him too haha, it's like I was working for the other team ;o

Your Luigi is so scary to approach though! It was quite a challenge.

Maybe next week I'll be better in doubles. ^^;

Techi: Hey, if I come to the next weekly I'm always up for 1on1s :o and if I'm causing pain, I must be doing something right mwahaha~

zaf

Smash Lord
@zaf:

Brick should lynch you for misleading >:[
sorry wait, what did i say that was misleading lol.

About the days of the weekly, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays are good for me.
same here. every day seems good for me now.

also here are the results for the 2v2 tourney ( leaderboards stats)

3: Team Arizona ( Steb and Bento)
4: Ultimate warrior ( Kage and Luc) kage will have to get partial points for leaving.
5: Animated Wolves ( Agora and Were-Wolf)
5: Purple

7: Team so Cool ( BIGRICK and Daniel )
7: Rion and ched ( rion and ched)
9: fhat techno ( fhatiuk and techiyo)
9: TEAM NASTY ( kirty and lvl 9 wario )

team mtl1337 ( fil and zaf) still need to face team KAGE with dildos ( chet and thatguy), for first and second place.

The top 5 teams will get points, that go something like this.

team 1 - 12 points
team 2 - 7 points
team 3 - 4 points
team 4 - 2 points
team 5 - 1 point.

Points will be deducted for not making the top 5 teams each week and also for not showing up. Wont be fair at all if people can stay at the top for loosing or not showing.

WERE-Wolf

Smash Apprentice
sorry wait, what did i say that was misleading lol.

same here. every day seems good for me now.

also here are the results for the 2v2 tourney ( leaderboards stats)

3: Team Arizona ( Steb and Bento)
4: Ultimate warrior ( Kage and Luc) kage will have to get partial points for leaving.
5: Animated Wolves ( Agora and Were-Wolf)
5: Purple

7: Team so Cool ( BIGRICK and Daniel )
7: Rion and ched ( rion and ched)
9: fhat techno ( fhatiuk and techiyo)
9: TEAM NASTY ( kirty and lvl 9 wario )

team mtl1337 ( fil and zaf) still need to face team KAGE with dildos ( chet and thatguy), for first and second place.

The top 5 teams with get points that go something like this.

team 1 - 12 points
team 2 - 7 points
team 3 - 4 points
team 4 - 2 points
team 5 - 1 point.

Points will be deducted for not making the top 5 teams each week and also for not showing up. Wont be fair at all if people can stay at the top for loosing or not showing.
what are points for?

Top Bottom