• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
heres how i think we should do it, feel free to contest to it and offer other ideas.

I think since brawl is the new generations, that it should be focused on brawl. Other games can be played on other tvs but not at the expense of people wanting to play brawl. Thus, if enough people want to play brawl on a tv thats being used for melee, then it should come to the right of the brawl players, no?

Either way, theres always sufficient people who want to at least play melee, that they can all stick together on a tv and play singles.

Also, there shouldnt be a question where the weekly is. Its always been at GW and will always be there. If i remember correctly, we didnt go last wednesday and ended up doing something at my place instead on THURSDAY. So i dont think last week's event counted as a weekly.

Next week on either monday or tuesday, we can have a smashfest at my place.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I think it should be based on popularity. We'll set up 2 Melee TV's if more people want Melee rather than Brawl. I believe Fhatiuk and Tech are coming only for Melee. So maybe there will be plenty of Melee interest this week.

Agony, what kind of question is that? It's always at GamersWorld. Anything else that happens is unrelated to the weeklies.

Rick, like I said before, it's SMASH BROS. nights. Just because you brought it once before, does not mean it's a free ticket to bring it every time. Set up a Super Street Fighter Two Turbo High Definition Remix night or something.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
I think since brawl is the new generations, that it should be focused on brawl. Other games can be played on other tvs but not at the expense of people wanting to play brawl. Thus, if enough people want to play brawl on a tv thats being used for melee, then it should come to the right of the brawl players, no?
I dont have a problem with this because there's always unused TVs for now.

I think it should be based on popularity. We'll set up 2 Melee TV's if more people want Melee rather than Brawl. I believe Fhatiuk and Tech are coming only for Melee. So maybe there will be plenty of Melee interest this week.
That seems to be the fair thing to do I guess.

Rick, like I said before, it's SMASH BROS. nights. Just because you brought it once before, does not mean it's a free ticket to bring it every time. Set up a Super Street Fighter Two Turbo High Definition Remix night or something.
lol okay I guess, but it wasn't me it was Robert ;)

To me the GW ppl wouldnt give a **** if we played Brawl or SF or Pong... their attendance is what matters.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
but i want to play capcom fighbters with smashers not with people who play capcom fighters.

;(

edit: also since this is supposed to be barwl night, shouldn't there be no melee?
though super smash melee brawl night disagrees i guess, shou;dn't we just play games we enjoy playing? Isn't that the point? I understand if there's not enough tvs for it but why leave an empty tv when it can have something else on it like bomberman or sf or mario kart or mario party or whatever?

filauc

Smash Journeyman
I dont have a problem with this because there's always unused TVs for now.

That seems to be the fair thing to do I guess.

lol okay I guess, but it wasn't me it was Robert ;)

To me the GW ppl wouldnt give a **** if we played Brawl or SF or Pong... their attendance is what matters.
As long as they have their money, I'm sure they don't really care about it.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Lol, I was just making sure =P

What is the date of the next weeklie? =X Kidding =P

Anyway, I'll be there with my Wii+Brawl+Castle of Shikigami 3 a shoot em up if anyone wanna play a bit with me.

zaf

Smash Lord
after the weeklies tomorrow, does anyone else besides agony want to come over to my place to crash and play some more brawl?

i can take like 2 more.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
I can have some of you at my place before, like we usualy do so we can warm up and then go to the weeklies all together.

Say, my place at 2?

kr3wman

Smash Master
I'll be there, I'm sure of that. Altho I will probably leave early.

Also, can't be there next week because I'm going to see my grand-mother in Gaspesie... with 56k internet connections. Urg.

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
I might come tonight! It would be my first weekly ever... Also, is there any big event going on in Montreal anytime soon or anybody thinking of organizing one? I've been DYING to try a tournament and go for some cash prizes :) :) If not, I'm actually considering organizing my own, I've been reading up on threads and getting informed on how to organize a successful tournament and I think I'm up for it (that is if no one else is already doing one...) Let me know! And I'll expect to see ALL of you there (whether I organize it or someone else does) :p

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Kirt, mind if I get at your house by 2h30-3h? I think I overdosed my playing of smash 64, did you know that kaillera is not very active at 3h-4h am? xD

I'm on a streak of 15-0 !! I didn't loose yet today. I even beated a guy with every characters in the cast. >.>

filauc

Smash Journeyman
nvm kirt I just wake up and I have something to do, I won't be there at 2 for sure.

Alopex

Smash Ace
Aww curses... I really should have found this thread sooner. I missed the one that happened today...

Hopefully the next one is not too far off, cause I would really like to finally test my mettle against a community of pros.

filauc

Smash Journeyman
lol I've miss my bus XD, but I remembered I could use another one ^^

ggs all.

I'll go play Kongai now.

cemo

white walker
so, instead of melee next week we'll have a tv of 64?

also, lawl brick cheering for me when we're on different teams.

Top Bottom