• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
ouin je comprend ce que tu veux dire c'est que j'aimerais bien etre constant, je joue beaucoup et je m'améliore meme si je john souvent (surtout pour mes shield) LOL J'suis content de pouvoir jouer 2-3 fois semaine contre jason avec Lambert sa m'aide beaucoup , excepté le top 5 ,jvois personne de meilleur que moi, mais vous etes juste ****ing trop bon je dis tjrs que c'est Surhumain lol.
Ben moi aussi en general je me fais laver par mes trainers. C'est un peu normal, si tu veux vraiment avoir une bonne estime de ton niveau ben y faudra que tu travel au States pi que tu fais des tournois.. c'est vraiment comme ca que tu level ups. Parce que tout le monde ont des styles differents.

Pi aussi je pense qu'il faut que tu dois aimer le jeu et aimer les tournois pour etre capable de voir ce que tu fais de mal.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
I take it even if I attend next week I won't be eligible for melee?

Sorry I choked, procrastinated on assignment.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
I'm finally going to get some money coming my way next week....problem is, I get paid on thursdays. >_>

There should be an IOU program at netchamp. Like having a membership card with 10$ worth of console time. If it's all used up, you would not be able to pay for a station until you pay off the money you owe.

probably a bad idea... i think it was the poor inside of me talking. >_>

FaTuik

Smash Journeyman
Ben moi aussi en general je me fais laver par mes trainers. C'est un peu normal, si tu veux vraiment avoir une bonne estime de ton niveau ben y faudra que tu travel au States pi que tu fais des tournois.. c'est vraiment comme ca que tu level ups. Parce que tout le monde ont des styles differents.

Pi aussi je pense qu'il faut que tu dois aimer le jeu et aimer les tournois pour etre capable de voir ce que tu fais de mal.
tu as totalement raison c'est certain que sa va m'aider

brg

Smash Ace
ouin je comprend ce que tu veux dire c'est que j'aimerais bien etre constant, je joue beaucoup et je m'améliore meme si je john souvent (surtout pour mes shield) LOL J'suis content de pouvoir jouer 2-3 fois semaine contre jason avec Lambert sa m'aide beaucoup , excepté le top 5 ,jvois personne de meilleur que moi, mais vous etes juste ****ing trop bon je dis tjrs que c'est Surhumain lol.
"Check si tes pour pogner les nerfs quand je pete ton shield joue pas a ce jeu la" -pkm

:p

Fun weekly, thanks for coming.

I'm kind of the only one eligable to enter for a B+ tournament at this point, so I hope you guys don't mind if I take the B+ portion of the extra (which amounted to ~10 bucks) for myself, since I had to pay 10 bucks extra for last week due to undercharging. Besides that, we have a 40 dollar pot so far, with 1 more week to go. If anyone is concerned about their eligibility for the tournament just ask and I'll post the list and how much you'll need.

On a side note, the ******* bus driver decided to go straight from his break spot to his route without bothering to pick me up at the bus stop. I had a nice 60 minute walk home :/.
Although I always play on stations @ your name and pay you at the end im eligible right?

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
I'm finally going to get some money coming my way next week....problem is, I get paid on thursdays. >_>

There should be an IOU program at netchamp. Like having a membership card with 10$ worth of console time. If it's all used up, you would not be able to pay for a station until you pay off the money you owe.

probably a bad idea... i think it was the poor inside of me talking. >_>
that is called a ....

Credit card!
oh bento you beat me to it

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
Yay foudn the threat so here id be ****ing interested to come in montreal again to play some melee with you all and it after reading the last page there some melee station GOOD lord lol but how many are there and how many people aprox from here go each wednesday and also is there enough melee station or theres like 1 melee for 50 brawl setup llol ... I whouldnt mind playing brawl but man playing melee for a day is so win xD and btw is there a lot of guy acting like fatuik in the weekly cuz well **** it then :/ nah but just trying to imagine the atmosphere at thos place

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Yay foudn the threat so here id be ****ing interested to come in montreal again to play some melee with you all and it after reading the last page there some melee station GOOD lord lol but how many are there and how many people aprox from here go each wednesday and also is there enough melee station or theres like 1 melee for 50 brawl setup llol ... I whouldnt mind playing brawl but man playing melee for a day is so win xD and btw is there a lot of guy acting like fatuik in the weekly cuz well **** it then :/ nah but just trying to imagine the atmosphere at thos place
There is no Brawl that has taken place at the weeklies for some time, Guard holds smashfests on Wednesdays for that. It's been mostly Melee (we usually get ~10 players) with 1 Brawl+ station occasionally.

EDIT: Totals people have paid so far...

kr3w: 6$
Eric T: 11$
Simon: 6$
Jan: 7$
vrud: 3$
Mithune: 7$
Mithune ness friend: 6$
ThatGuy: 14$
Fhatuik: 7$
Kev: 6$
Techiyo: 2$
Steb: 3$
Leo: 3$
pkmvodka: 5$
Ragboy: 3$

Remember that you need to have paid 10$ to be eligible for the tournament, which means you either need to pay 1$/hour on a TV of just doubles or 2$/hour if you want just a 2-man station reserved for you. Tournament is in 2 weeklies, so you still have another week to shoot for, and the pot is up to 40$ now.

brg

Smash Ace
There is no Brawl that has taken place at the weeklies for some time, Guard holds smashfests on Wednesdays for that. It's been mostly Melee (we usually get ~10 players) with 1 Brawl+ station occasionally.

EDIT: Totals people have paid so far...

Eric R: 11$
Im Eric T lol, Eric R is the samus guy that came once or twice

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Yeah the tournament is next week. I'll do calculations later as I forgot my binder and calculator at Netchamp :X.

I'm going to need to find a solution for payment though. I'm trying pretty hard to keep the prices as fair as possible, but it's hard to organize with people playing on stations with less than 4 players (with constant rotation), people who want to pay for a specified amount of time despite the stations being charged by the hour, or people switching between other games/playing very few smash games sparingly over the span of many hours. I'm having to pay 5-10 bucks out of my own pocket each week on top of what I'm paying for Netchamp just to keep the tournament pot consistent with the amount we pay Netchamp, :/.

I'm going to try devising various solutions, so please give feedback on them or give me some ideas on other alternatives.

• Take money directly out of the tournament pot to pay Netchamp (This would result in ~20-40 bucks lost from pot)
  • Charge you guys the normal rate of 5$ per hour per station ($1.25 per hour per person), but treat the calculations as if I was charging you 4$/hour. In perspective, we would have a very similar pot to what we have now, but you guys would be paying 25c more per hour (so like, 1-2 bucks more than what you normally pay right now).
  • Try to impose stricter collection. I would have to collect money as soon as the clock ticks an hour. If you want to play even just a few games, you have to pay for the hour. There would be a 15 minute grace period between ticks. The main issue is that it would require more work from everyone, and having to deal with all that change sucks lol (unless some sort of pre-payment was done).

BTW we have 60 bucks in the pot so far, not including whatever we make before 9 PM next week. Thanks for coming everyone.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
You shouldn't have to get the short end of the stick. Unfortunately the netchamps system does not work too well for us as we hop around a lot. I can't really think of a simple solution....

brg

Smash Ace
if youre paying out of your own pocket (which shouldnt be happening) 1-2 dollars more at the end from each one should cover this in the simplest way.

oh and epic weeklies

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
I plan on making some more of these videos in the future, featuring more players:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgH1MwRM8_4

I would love to record one set up at the weekly. Jin if you read this I wanna know if it's possible for us to have maybe one setup that uses regular AV cables and not component cables? From what I can tell the computer monitor plugin thing only takes composites right? If it's impossible than it's impossible, but if you could somehow work something out that would be awesome.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Updated list:

kr3w: 6$
Eric T: 17$
Simon: 6$
Jan: 10$
vrud: 3$
Mithune: 7$
Mithune ness friend: 6$
ThatGuy: 20$
Fhatuik: 14$
Kev: 6.50$
Techiyo: 2$
Steb: 8$
Leo: 3$
pkmvodka: 11$
Ragboy: 3$
Victor: 1$
Fizzi: 5$
PikaleX: 5$
Aeon: 5$
chesterr01: 5$
Pest: 3$
Bam: 3$
Vwins: 3$
Bentobox: 2$

You have until 9pm next Wednesday to try to make it into the tournament. Pot will be split 70/20/10.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
joel, this situation sucks for you. we have to find a solution. honestly i don't know what we can do. also I was also joel'd at the end of the night cause i had to pay for the extra tv that wasn't under anyone's name, and fhat and pest were playing on it. -_- ya we'll think of something before next week

fizzi we can use that big crt I think.

also I can't beat bam.

kage I am better than average

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Reggie: Where is that big CRT? I didn't see it yesterday.

Joel: I'd prefer to upload it to my account. I mean, it doesn't look it but it can be a lot of work. Just to put together that small compilation video I had to rewatch over 2 hours of footage, it's like playing the same matches you played before over again. It's even more than that though cause you gotta be attentive and look for nice combos then if something looks decent you gotta go back a bit and look at it again but the files are really long so it's hard to move back just a little bit. Anyways... all this to say it took me probably like 3-4 hours of work just to put together that small thing and I would prefer hosting my work on my account. I also have 185 subscribers versus mtlsmash's 37, but that's more like a sub-reason.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Reggie: Where is that big CRT? I didn't see it yesterday.

Joel: I'd prefer to upload it to my account. I mean, it doesn't look it but it can be a lot of work. Just to put together that small compilation video I had to rewatch over 2 hours of footage, it's like playing the same matches you played before over again. It's even more than that though cause you gotta be attentive and look for nice combos then if something looks decent you gotta go back a bit and look at it again but the files are really long so it's hard to move back just a little bit. Anyways... all this to say it took me probably like 3-4 hours of work just to put together that small thing and I would prefer hosting my work on my account. I also have 185 subscribers versus mtlsmash's 37, but that's more like a sub-reason.
I know, I didn't mean everything, it was more of a request to upload various matches to the account so it generates more interest. I've made one of those highlight things myself :p.

And the main reason you got those subscribers was because you got people blowing their load over Ally's Brawl debut at Cat4 :lick:.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Lol ya I know. I wonder how many of those I'm gonna lose once I start uploading melee only vids :p.

As for uploading various vids on MTLSmash, I'm not sure when I'd draw the line between uploading to mine and uploading to MTLSmash... anyways for now I'll just say maybe. Might actually be good to have like two recording setups at one tournament and I upload the ones I record to mine and the others go to MTLSmash and we keep the tags the same so they show up in each other's related videos... or something.

Top Bottom