• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Who is going this week?

I'm going to ask Jin how we're eventually going to pay for this, lol. I guess he's got some scheme related to the member cards or something? I'm thinking that the best way to determine the costs would be to have some sort of sign-in/sign-out area, where you pay as you sign out. That way you can track how many TVs were in use, and pay your share in relation to the amount of time you spent there and how many people there are. Or something like that, I'm sure there's some cool math involved.

;O

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
Ill go if more melee players will go.
Wtf - last week had ONLY Melee, save for one TV running Brawl+ (which was also running Melee until the weekly was halff over, incidentally).

Get your *** at Netchamp, Vrud, I'll Holy Judo Slap-Chop you with my Weegee =P

mongmong

Smash Cadet
Hey all its me mongmong (aka jin) We are finallizing the deal with our setup for the Wii consoles. Once again our stupid !@$#%!@$^ suppliers are late for sending us our tv converters for the Wii setup and therefore we will once again only have 4 Stations available for this wednesday if you guys show up. We will be getting the consoles and the games for our 4 setups . If anybody would like to pass by Tomorow or Wednesday to tell me what are my options to be able to get Brawl+ on our Wii's it will be greatly appreciated or else i'll just figure it out from the Brawl+ website.

We also added a bunch of games to our list of game at NCBA so if you are curious to check it out go to http://www.ncbattlearena.com/

Sphyra

Smash Apprentice
Wow good **** jin. Montreal hasn't had a very good arcade scene and this is starting to shape out to be a really strong substitute for it, you have no idea how happy I am to see this happening. I still haven't dropped by (not a sf4 fan) but with the addition of new games I won't have any reasons to not go now. Keep up the good work.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Blazblue!? ( lulz, for 360 :3 )
HYES.

So we can drop by at any time and play any of these games? Sweet.

kr3wman

Smash Master
So, as a project for school, I have to do any project I could want to do, and I chose to do a documentary on the smash community. I'm pretty sure it's already been done, saw it on youtube, but it wouldn't hurt anybody if I do another.

Now I wrote some questions that I think will be interesting for the viewers outside the community, but if you have anything you would want to share with other people just say it here or PM, I dunno. I will be bringing a camera to record the interviews and record 'live-action' smashing at the weeklies and probably tournaments from here to february.

vrud

Smash Apprentice
Bad news guys my parents are in NY so i dun have a lift to mtl... Ill take the public transportation but i think ill get lost lol. Ill try to get there though.

kr3wman

Smash Master
So what do you need to know?
I don't need to know anything. My project is making a documentary on the community ; anything that might be interesting to somebody from outside looking in is something I want to put in there, and I posted to see if anyone had suggestions on that.

vrud

Smash Apprentice
I don't need to know anything. My project is making a documentary on the community ; anything that might be interesting to somebody from outside looking in is something I want to put in there, and I posted to see if anyone had suggestions on that.
Why did we decide to play smash, what's ur favorite part of smash, . . . things like that? And does this mean ull be there 2morrow?

mongmong

Smash Cadet
Once again Murphy's law shanked me (If anything bad can happen, it probably will) well we still didn't get the tv tuners for our mutiple setups so basically we will only have 2 Wii setups available. We will be charging tomorow which is 4$/hour per station and not per person.

The way it works here at NCBA is that whoever is responsible for the paying of the station must be a registered NCBA member which means you have to sign up and we create a photo ID card for you. Its free and the card is only used for the purpose of renting a station. If you want more info about it you are more then welcome to come and ask me in person and I will be more then happy to explain any questions.

So yeah to wrap it up we only will have 2 stations available tomorow but it doesn't mean you can't bring your wii or gamecube. We have 3 more tv's available which means all they need is a console. Those station we will not charge since they are not our consoles. We will only charge our console which understandably should be used if there is anybody coming tomorrow.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I feel the food inside of me???
I lol'd hard through my nose.

melee ranbats should be happening. i think bam and vwins might come but bam's the ultimate choker so whatever. anyway, we can just have a double elim bracket tomorrow or something. does anyone have tio or something?

ALSO, joel I'm bringing you elef's laptop.

vrud

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know a bus that i can take at around 22:00 towards terminus panama?

Top Bottom