• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Texturizer - The easiest way to change textures and portraits!

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Tried both options, no luck. :laugh:

On the plus side, I think I finally got it to work fluently. :)
Why this only works for me, I'll never know. Maybe you should have named the folders like

PF > Fighter
PF > System

And chosen the PF folder.

OR, if you already did that, choose the FIGHTER folder instead. It's either one or the other. Also, don't trust the text, I remember it being wrong at one point.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
This program works great so far! It would be nice to be able to edit the other character portraits, like the in-game portrait and the victory portrait. But so far, good work! :-D

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
So... is this program usable with Windows 7? It tells me I need framework 3.5 even though I already have it...

Jiiprah

Smash Apprentice
many thanks...seems to work great...no problems yet.

Would be nice to edit in-game portraits and stage portraits.

Jiiprah

Smash Apprentice
When I export I get an error that the file path is not found...blah...blah...blah. No matter when I try to export to, it still says the same path is not found. I've started a new project and re-imported each tex/CSP and I still get the error every time.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
When I export I get an error that the file path is not found...blah...blah...blah. No matter when I try to export to, it still says the same path is not found. I've started a new project and re-imported each tex/CSP and I still get the error every time.
That might be a problem with your original common5. Look at the path it gives you and make sure you have an original common5.pac (or at least one without modified CSP's) in there.

countrypeaches

Smash Rookie
Thank you sooo Much this is amazing!! Is there a way to do this for battle portraits and vicory portaits and such?

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
I am having so much trouble trying to edit the portraits :/ could anyone possibly help me through perhaps aim or msn?

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Question-how do I work with this if I have a sc_selcharacter.pac that I need to use? I honestly don't know much about Common5... will CSPs in common5 override sc_selcharacter.pac?
If you're using Riivolution, the Common5_en.pac overrides the sc_selcharacter.pac. If you're using the File Patch Code, it's the other way around. If you're using FPC, I suggest you extract the sc_selcharacter out of the common5 with Brawlbox and use that.

Also, if you're using Riivolution, don't forget to add the "_en" into Common5.pac every time you use the Texturizer.

NNID
Budget_Player
FPC3.5.1. So just use this on my current common5 and extract sc_selchar. Gotcha. Is there anything worthwhile in sc_selcharacter.pac other than CSPs that I might want to pay attention to while extracting?

EDIT: I got the Common5 file set up the way I need it. However, I use the export function on the app, and it goes through the costumes on the common5, says done, and does... nothing.

EDIT: Wait never mind, that exports the attached textures. WTF. Is there a way to export the csps straight to common5.pac?

Jiiprah

Smash Apprentice
FPC3.5.1. So just use this on my current common5 and extract sc_selchar. Gotcha. Is there anything worthwhile in sc_selcharacter.pac other than CSPs that I might want to pay attention to while extracting?

EDIT: I got the Common5 file set up the way I need it. However, I use the export function on the app, and it goes through the costumes on the common5, says done, and does... nothing.

EDIT: Wait never mind, that exports the attached textures. WTF. Is there a way to export the csps straight to common5.pac?
File -> Export -> To Folder
then use Brawlbox to export sc_selcharacter.pac from the common5.pac.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Question, do I need brawl box to make custom CSP or can I just use this?
You just need this. It's much simpler. You can use .png's (as opposed to .tga's) and transparency is much easier (just erase stuff). Also, you'll never need to index again.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
You just need this. It's much simpler. You can use .png's (as opposed to .tga's) and transparency is much easier (just erase stuff). Also, you'll never need to index again.
I'm having alot of issues do you think you could help me a bit :/

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Maybe. Might as well say what they are.
I use the program to add the CSP right I add some and all of a sudden the game crashes when I try and load a game mode. Sio I start a new file and I add only one, however in addition to the one CSP I add there are another two which I had done on a previous file.

So when I go back to the program, it doesn't show the 2 random CSP's

For starters idk why that is happeing

another is when I try and use brawl box and "replace" the portraits there and the game just crashes when I try and load a game mode

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I use the program to add the CSP right I add some and all of a sudden the game crashes when I try and load a game mode. Sio I start a new file and I add only one, however in addition to the one CSP I add there are another two which I had done on a previous file.

So when I go back to the program, it doesn't show the 2 random CSP's

For starters idk why that is happeing

another is when I try and use brawl box and "replace" the portraits there and the game just crashes when I try and load a game mode
Hmm... I've never had the game crash because of Texturizer, only the program itself. The only thing I can think of is that you're using a bad Common5.pac or corrupted CSP's.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
is there anyway to change the common.pac path?
The one that you use as the original or the one that you export it to?

There is a way to change the path to the original common5, but I forgot what it is (but I have done it before).

There isn't any way to change the path you export it to, though. Unless you use "Export to Folder," but that would export every texture to that folder, too.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I'm just guessing here, but I think it could be something about how your SD card's folders aren't set up correctly. I'm pretty sure Texturizer is supposed to make XML files for each character's folder to keep track of the textures it has. That MIGHT have something to do with it. It could also be that you've named a folder something wrong or something.

Hist

Smash Cadet
If you all didn't know.

c:\users\jesus jaime gonzalez\downloads\brawl-texturizer.msi
8/19/2010 at 5:31:14 PM
Last Used:
8/19/2010 at 5:31:13 PM
Startup Item: No
Launched: No
Threat Details
There are many indications that this file is untrustworthy and therefore not safe

Downloaded from http://download551.mediafire.com/ybz4f3aolg5g/jrmnnxnttnr/Brawl-Texturizer.msi

Downloaded File:
brawl-texturizer.msi

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
If you all didn't know.

c:\users\jesus jaime gonzalez\downloads\brawl-texturizer.msi
8/19/2010 at 5:31:14 PM

Downloaded from http://download551.mediafire.com/ybz4f3aolg5g/jrmnnxnttnr/Brawl-Texturizer.msi

Downloaded File:
brawl-texturizer.msi

I'm totally sure that my Brawl Texturizer DOES NOT have malware into it. I compiled it myself and I even downloaded the installation from the URL you specified. My antivirus didn't find any threat.

I find possible that you are already infected with some other virus that infected several others. En pocas palabras, creo que es muy sano alertar de un posible virus, pero creo que se trata de un falso positivo.

In other words, I think it's important to warn people about possible malware threats, but this time I really know it's a false positive.

By the way, I abandoned this project indefinitely. If someone wants the source code, I can provide it as a Visual Studio 2008 solution ;)

Greetings and thanks for reading!

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
By the way, I abandoned this project indefinitely. If someone wants the source code, I can provide it as a Visual Studio 2008 solution ;)
Hey you're back! While I can't code myself, I'm sure there must be somebody here who'd be willing to take over the project with the source code. Better make a new topic or something.

Orange Yoda

Smash Rookie
wait, so you have to download...

-The texturizer

-Common5.pac

-.NET Framework

WOW! THAT'S A LOT OF DOWNLOADS!

n64billy

Smash Ace
wait, so you have to download...

-The texturizer

-Common5.pac

-.NET Framework

WOW! THAT'S A LOT OF DOWNLOADS!
.NET Framework is often default on A LOT of computers...
Common5.pac is a file NEEDED to run Brawl, it's main images and menus and stuff are all in there.... the program edits it for you, all you gotta do is select your picture and put the file on your SD card...

Texturizer and Common5.pac are just a few MB basically.... don't be lazy...

Orange Yoda

Smash Rookie
.NET Framework is often default on A LOT of computers...
Common5.pac is a file NEEDED to run Brawl, it's main images and menus and stuff are all in there.... the program edits it for you, all you gotta do is select your picture and put the file on your SD card...
Frankly, my computer isn't one of them. Can you give me a download link to .NET Framework? :confused:

Orange Yoda

Smash Rookie
Brb

Frankly, my computer isn't one of them. Can you give me a download link to .NET Framework? :confused:
Ya'know, actually.. never mind. I downloaded it. I also downloaded your... texturizer, so... I'll get back to you on how good it is. BRB :)

Top Bottom