• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"BRAWL SUCKS", a Smash brothers MELEE tournament

Knivez

Smash Ace
I've been saying it since day 1- Brawl is boring and de-volved in terms of competition. Anyone that says otherwise either doesn't understand how the two games differ or is still caught up in brawl's "new" aspect.

I'm basically posting to see what kind of reaction i get from the melee community if i was to try and set up a melee tournament.

Let me know, and based off your posts i'll host one (or not).

knivez for top 5. :chuckle:

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
zhu just likes melee cuz he can 0 to death ppl without looking at the screen.
Zoap unless you were horribly sandbagging against me in our tournament set, then Brawl has no depth. I basically played Meta Knight the day of and a total of maybe an hour before hand while you had plenty of Meta Knight experience. I did not deserve to do nearly as well against you as I did.

Brawl sucks because anyone can be good at it.

zhu just likes melee cuz he can 0 to death ppl without looking at the screen.
So therefore SSB64 is a garbage game because Isai...

Charoo

Smash Champion
i would go but alan banned me from my house. His said it's because I'm asian.

Knivez

Smash Ace
OK people, its nice to see some responses from the community, but more importantly...where are the GOOD players? LOL.

Im not gonna host this for noobs like champ or Atlus ( ==>~ ATLUS)

I wanna see the hugs and kisses, the romeos and juliets, the fatburger kids(lucky), the little fruit boy called mango( he should be have been casted as a wild boy in the lord of the flies), the eDresses with the Pieces, the F UCKING MIKE Ys.

neal sucks.

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
i would go but alan banned me from my house. His said it's because I'm asian.
Wow. Alan banned you from your OWN house? that's pretty amazing.

F*ck you alan, I hate you so much I would never go to your tournaments

But I hate Brawl SO MUCH MORE, that i guess I'll go

But Hugo has to come to so i can take him out of winners, AGAIN

I guess I'll ask What is Fear and Fabian to team up to take Alan and Luigi out also.

Knivez

Smash Ace
wow mike, you sure hit the spot.

I ****ING DIDNT HAVE MY CONTROLLER. I was borrowing random ones, but luigi was sucking more than usual. He was playing at 'champ' level.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Wow. Alan banned you from your OWN house? that's pretty amazing.

F*ck you alan, I hate you so much I would never go to your tournaments

But I hate Brawl SO MUCH MORE, that i guess I'll go

But Hugo has to come to so i can take him out of winners, AGAIN

I guess I'll ask What is Fear and Fabian to team up to take Alan and Luigi out also.

I guess I'll be there to take you out in winners as well.

Knivez

Smash Ace
dude edrees, anyone can play peach with any controller, just like i can play marth with any controller.

CALM DOWN. Besides, you lost to some noobs.

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
I guess I'll be there to take you out in winners as well.
Alright Ryan, I'll use 11% of my skill this time just to take you out. You should be grateful, it took about 18% to beat Knivez twice, and about 2% to **** Luigi (And I'm rounding up). You can thank m2k for the number crunch.

Zoap

Smash Master
Zoap unless you were horribly sandbagging against me in our tournament set, then Brawl has no depth. I basically played Meta Knight the day of and a total of maybe an hour before hand while you had plenty of Meta Knight experience. I did not deserve to do nearly as well against you as I did.

Brawl sucks because anyone can be good at it.
I was not sandbagging, I did 2 stock you the first game and did underestimate you alot. You didn't watch my games with Boback, thats the actual way I shoulda played you and I'm pretty sure it wouldve been no where as close as it was if I did. Who's fault is that? Mine but I still won the set and I still got 4th. Lets see who was in the top 8? Lucien, Hella, Kawn, Myself, Hostility, Cedric, Myron(W$W) and Sheridan. Wow your right all these people picked up brawl a week ago! [/sarcasm]No sorry we've all been playing and learning, instead of just saying its not melee I cant do this I cant do this its a bad game it has no depth. Instead of complaining about how "bad" you think the game is try opening your mind to new ideas and ways of playing.

TheZhuKeeper said:
So therefore SSB64 is a garbage game because Isai...
I never said that the ability to 0-death someone makes a bad game. I love melee, it's one of the greatest game ever made. **** I would still enter melee tournaments even if there was no brawl. Now about depth? Of course it has more depth, its been out 7 years. Lets see 2 months vs 7 years, hmm I wonder which will have more depth?!?! Melee is a great game, Brawl is also a great game, but the competition is different. And SSB is a great game, regardless of Isai ****** beyond comprehension.

I was at first just joking but now that you said something and took it seriously I think its time that I got my thoughts out on the subject.

EDIT: I forgot to mention your little line about my experience vs metaknight. As we know Sidefx metaknight = "plenty of metaknight experience". But hey what can I expect from a Falco player, I mean you all play the exact same way in melee, so why would it not be true for brawl. O yea Brawl isnt Melee 2 thats why

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is different. But not to expect that would be naive.

And you can combo 0-50. You can even 0-kill combo someone.

True gamers adapt. No johns son.

Zoap

Smash Master
I like this guy and I usually dont like ppl from New Mexico :)

also I was lying about SS, he never said anything like what I said. But his Snake is still good lol

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
I was not sandbagging, I did 2 stock you the first game and did underestimate you alot. You didn't watch my games with Boback, thats the actual way I shoulda played you and I'm pretty sure it wouldve been no where as close as it was if I did. Who's fault is that? Mine but I still won the set and I still got 4th. Lets see who was in the top 8? Lucien, Hella, Kawn, Myself, Hostility, Cedric, Myron(W$W) and Sheridan. Wow your right all these people picked up brawl a week ago! [/sarcasm]No sorry we've all been playing and learning, instead of just saying its not melee I cant do this I cant do this its a bad game it has no depth. Instead of complaining about how "bad" you think the game is try opening your mind to new ideas and ways of playing.

I never said that the ability to 0-death someone makes a bad game. I love melee, it's one of the greatest game ever made. **** I would still enter melee tournaments even if there was no brawl. Now about depth? Of course it has more depth, its been out 7 years. Lets see 2 months vs 7 years, hmm I wonder which will have more depth?!?! Melee is a great game, Brawl is also a great game, but the competition is different. And SSB is a great game, regardless of Isai ****** beyond comprehension.

I was at first just joking but now that you said something and took it seriously I think its time that I got my thoughts out on the subject.

EDIT: I forgot to mention your little line about my experience vs metaknight. As we know Sidefx metaknight = "plenty of metaknight experience". But hey what can I expect from a Falco player, I mean you all play the exact same way in melee, so why would it not be true for brawl. O yea Brawl isnt Melee 2 thats why
I didn't mean that people can randomly place top 8, I'm just saying Brawl is much easier game to pick up than Melee because mistakes are not nearly as punishable. You're right though, I really should stop complaining, but I have honestly tried taking Brawl seriously. You said that I learned a lot in a short period of time, and what I learned was that Brawl is a very defensive game. The more I felt I understood the game, the more I didn't want to play it.

But yea... sorry for posting dumb ****. As SRB said, bad reading comprehension LOL. I'm glad you didn't attack me, because I deserved to be flamed.

I just hope there will be more Melee tournaments (yay socal for sudden spurt of Melee tournies), even if it's just some sideshow. That'll be good enough of an excuse to go hang out with people, because for me / a lot of people, Brawl won't be enough.

Awex

Smash Lord
OK people, its nice to see some responses from the community, but more importantly...where are the GOOD players? LOL.

Im not gonna host this for noobs like champ or Atlus ( ==>~ ATLUS)

I wanna see the hugs and kisses, the romeos and juliets, the fatburger kids(lucky), the little fruit boy called mango( he should be have been casted as a wild boy in the lord of the flies), the eDresses with the Pieces, the F UCKING MIKE Ys.

neal sucks.
._. noobs still wanna play melee tournaments.

sidefx

Smash Champion
I didn't mean that people can randomly place top 8, I'm just saying Brawl is much easier game to pick up than Melee because mistakes are not nearly as punishable. You're right though, I really should stop complaining, but I have honestly tried taking Brawl seriously. You said that I learned a lot in a short period of time, and what I learned was that Brawl is a very defensive game. The more I felt I understood the game, the more I didn't want to play it.

But yea... sorry for posting dumb ****. As SRB said, bad reading comprehension LOL. I'm glad you didn't attack me, because I deserved to be flamed.

I just hope there will be more Melee tournaments (yay socal for sudden spurt of Melee tournies), even if it's just some sideshow. That'll be good enough of an excuse to go hang out with people, because for me / a lot of people, Brawl won't be enough.

the game is easier to pick up, because its been out for two months. imagine picking up melee now, and going to a tourny to try and beat people, without knowledge of the tactics and techniques. same **** with brawl.. the game hasnt been out long enough for anyone to judge whether or not it could or couldnt be competitive.. there are new things being found everyday.. even in melee!

Brawl = Chess
Melee = Checkers

RPK

Smash Lord
I would actually consider Melee chess Blitz...Or speed chess whatever the hell thats called...1 minute chess games...Jesus christ >.<

Top Bottom