• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Sheik Rankings (USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can i be the guy who hands out snacks in this panel?

stealth3654

Smash Lord
If I'm going to run the tread, I want to sit in the conversations with the panelists :p.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
If I'm going to run the tread, I want to sit in the conversations with the panelists :p.
Hey wait wait wait.
If there are gonna be separate conversations away from the boards I want in. I talk to these guys about Sheik a lot anyways. <,<

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
As for Sheik knowledge I can honestly say that <3, Tristan, Ankoku and I probably know the most about her.
As far as using her Light, <3, Armada and Neo use her the best.

Hmmmm.. I should see if Armada wants to hang out with this community some.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You're confusing his knowledge of the games system as a whole, for a single character.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
The panelists will discuss and vote which Sheik main is the best in order from first to tenth.

I don't know if the panelists would want to do a separate conversation (it would be easier/faster on something like AIM), or discuss on the Sheik boards. I just assumed that they would do a separate conversation.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
It doesn't matter to me how we do this if I theoretically become a panelist. I guess it might be better if we do AIM since it's faster lol.

Wow, I'm not sure how the talks would go; they sounds quite fun.

EDIT: Me, <3, stealth, East, and NEO are east coast. I'm probably forgetting someone.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
lol don't be changing your location so quick. Anyway, I just skimmed through the thread, and ic what you guys plan to do. Panelists and such and recent tourney results and vids. In that case I'll try my chances and put forth my recent vids that I submitted to the Sheik Critique thread: Grand Finals from a rather small tournament - 21 entrants.

If that counts for anything.

EDIT: I was especially busy over the last year, what with senior year in college and all, so I concentrated on hosting tourneys rather than practicing and attending. I'm going to be hosting and attending hopefully all large scale tournaments in the NYC area and as much as I can in nearby states in EC. I plan on coming back from those with placement and recognition that Sheik deserves. Those, I presume will hold more weight in any power rankings xD

stealth3654

Smash Lord
The panelists haven't been decided yet... and we haven't decided if we should start discussing with tourneys from the past few months, or if we are going to start discussing after the panelists are decided.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
If I was on the panelist I would be very sad since I wouldn't have many barging chips to get myself listed as the 5th best sheik in the nation which is the lowest rank I would give myself.

Highest being 3rd.

With that said any type of list if created would be very bias. I don't think we can make a list beyond top 5 with any sort of accuracy.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Well the list can be very accurate. This would require a clear definition of the criteria by which the list will be made. A list is only as meaningful as its definition.

If the list was made solely based on tournament rankings, a clear rubric is in order:

How would the tournament attendance factor in?
Would Money Matches be included, provided sufficient proof (ie. video)?
The use of secondaries or counter-pick characters in attaining w.e placement in tournaments.

There's many things to consider. Essentially, what I am saying is it's imperative that the panel, and any reader be on the same page when it comes to what the Ranking List signifies; what went into consideration as the list was formed. Once that is clear, I believe the list will be unbiased.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
With three people checking each other the list should be pretty fair.

iLight

Smash Lord
I think whoever is on the panel should discuss it in length as to what the requirements will be and if/when a list is released show the requirements to be ranked/placings with detailed reasons behind the requirements as well etc.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I agree, Light.

For the people that haven't done so already, don't forget to vote who you want the panelists to be. 3 votes a person.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
@saviors: What do you mean by i don't know neo? Please enlighten me. I'm aware he's the best marth probably and that he's an incredibly smart player. But from what I've seen he isn't that serious about sheik. I'd be happy if you proved me wrong as having neo playing sheik seriously would be a great for us.

@East: Ankoku having great knowledge of the game is more than good enough a reason to have him on the panel, but he knew sheik way before anyone else did. Only recently have people become more knowledgable on sheik than him and that's mainly cuz he doesn't seem to care about her much anymore.

Can we close this thread and start a new one where the OP is actually active enough to update the first post? Heck, I wouldn't even mind being said OP.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
ankoku taught me a larger portion of what I know about sheik actually. He know a lot about the game; but is also great when it comes to what you should and shouldn't do with sheik. At least thats how I feel. If I though Ankoku would be interested he'd probablly of been my first vote.

i only know NEO's sheik by name and reputation. I haven't ever really seen it, plus I also don't think he'd be very interested either.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
dang I have not been here in too long xp

this makes me realize how much more Sheik rep we need out there...
If i can i'll try to look into some tourneys around here, pretty busy nowadays w/ school and work

i have played ppl like Hylian at Hobo, course he used IC's which is no good for sheik lol

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
hmm..who are the Sheiks in the East Coast. Curious xD
i'm an east coast sheik. i live in LI so i should probably go to nyc tourneys.... now that i think about it, why don't I? o.o when's the next nyc tourney worth going to?

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
@saviors: What do you mean by i don't know neo? Please enlighten me. I'm aware he's the best marth probably and that he's an incredibly smart player. But from what I've seen he isn't that serious about sheik. I'd be happy if you proved me wrong as having neo playing sheik seriously would be a great for us.

Can we close this thread and start a new one where the OP is actually active enough to update the first post? Heck, I wouldn't even mind being said OP.
He is a serious Sheik.
I talk to him on AIM from time to time.
I have also played (wi-fi...) him. I think I beat him once in a Sheik ditto with the no more than 2 f-tilts rule.
The only reason why I won was because I was juggling him pretty well, I kept him off stage for about 60%ish and I KO'd early on one stock because I Vanish cought him onto a platform and tech chase with tipper USmash.

That said, I got 3 stocked maybe twice. He is very very very good... even on wi-fi. He DACUS'd every time he needed to, he spaced Bair and f-tilt perfectly (even on wi-fi mind you) and he used f-tilt> USmash very well.
He goes into my list of good Sheiks. If anyone is curious that list is Armada, Light, <3, Tristan, Ryoko and Neo. Mars, Scary and a couple others get an honorable mention.
Armada= good application of Sheiks speed
Light= good punishing skills... and DACUS skills
<3= better use of moves
Tristan= **** smart
Ryoko= also **** smart
Neo= really good at pretty much everything

Mars= lesser version of Neo
Scary= lesser version of Light... soon to be about equal IMO

^^^^^ that be my opinion

I agree with the starting a new thread. Since Stealth is leading this he should compose the thread.
i'm an east coast sheik. i live in LI so i should probably go to nyc tourneys.... now that i think about it, why don't I? o.o when's the next nyc tourney worth going to?
Hmmm... looks like there a lot of us in a small little area. Technically I am mid west but I am right at the East Coast West Coast border. Maybe we'll all meet up someday at a tourney.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I hear stealth is pretty beastly. He's an honorable mention on GA PR right now I think.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Lol, I'm okay :).

I'll get started on making the new thread after I'm done with classes for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom