• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl rated T for Teen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
If Melee was going to get rated again, it would definitely receive an E10 rating, which in my opinion, is the lamest possible rating of all time.

Personally, I really hope this is real, because seeing "E10" on any box makes me cringe. What a dumb*ss rating.

~Dac

OSTIKS

Smash Rookie
meh, i assume dit be T, doesn't matter much, if it were M that be hilarious.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Warning: Plumbers shoot pink blobs with water guns in this game

Don't let your kid play this game, but continue to let him watch the violent and over-sexed garbage on television.

X_x

Shark X

Smash Lord
eh... Not valid. There are some sites you can trust, and some you sometimes an't This is one of those times you can't. If Brawl is T for Teen, how come the case still says: RP for rating pending. Unless this was on the Official Nintendo Website, it just isn't that exact rating. And personally, Brawl will be more likely E10+. Because of the new rating, we have more split between what makes a game E or T. Melee was Teen because it was considered too violent to be E. If they had the E10+ rating then, you could bet your left butt cheek tha it would be E10+. Teen is now considerably more violent and have occasional swearing. (Even though Sega's Shadow the Hedgehog may be an exception >_>) So unless Brawl suddenly gets an update that says Blood, or one of the characters swear during battle or in a cutscene in the story mode. Brawl's headed to the E10+ area.
Wrong. Look at just about any Naruto game, mainly Clash of Ninja. No blood, no cursing, less violence than Shadow. Yet, it got a T rating, and Shadow got a E10 (and we all know Sega or Sonic Team bribed to ESRB to get that rating). Just about any fighting game these days, no matter how kiddy, gets a T rating no matter what. Any except TMNT and Ninja Turtles 3.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Melee was a T. Brawl adds Snake and all his gory details, so I cannot imagine the game dropping to E. >_>

Juker

Smash Apprentice
Wow, like 10 more people should come in here and say "big whoop, melee was T, why wouldn't Brawl be?"
Thanks for the news, I was slightly curious myself when they're give it a rating.

Shark X

Smash Lord
You people need to stop acting like it's no surprise. When Melee got a T rating, E10 did NOT exist.

And just because the previous game got a T, does not automatically mean the next will get the same rating. I stated this earlier, but new gen Ninja Turtles is the best example.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles received an undeserved at the time E rating.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 received a well deserved T rating.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 received an E10 rating.

How did that happen? When Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 came out, E10 rating did not exist. When Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 came out, E10 did exist.

This is the same case with Melee and Brawl. Just because Melee received a T rating, did not automatically mean Brawl would.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The Teen Rating is relatively harmless as far as ratings go, I know very few parents who would considers Teen game too inapporiate to play.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Why was Melee rated Teen... Cartoon violence? WTF there was no blood or bruises, etc. Under that logic Looney Tunes and Mickey Mouse Cartoons should be rated Teen.

D

Deleted member

Go to the ESRB website, search for brawl. Rated Teen for Cartoon Violence and Crude Humor.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Why can't people accept that as the box cover? IT'S OFFICIAL NINTENDO ART!
How do I know? Look at the lastest magazine of Nintendo Power. The Brawl box cover is the Magazine cover.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
I believe it when Sakurai proclaims loudly: "Aha! Let us rejoice perpendicular to the rising sun!"

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Oh noes guise, I can't buy this game now, it's rated T D:D:D:D:D:

But seriously

Box art = real
T Rating = real

What more needs to be said? Sakurai said he would like the game to get E (or the equivalent, worldwide), but it was never even a possibility. ESRB is rating very "harshly" because of all the "violent video games leads to violent kids" thing. Not that parents even look at the ratings in the first place.

Basically, it was bound to happen. No way that a fighting game is getting E, even without Snake blowing people up and strangling people or Samus taking her clothes off.

D

Deleted member

Wrong. Look at just about any Naruto game, mainly Clash of Ninja. No blood, no cursing, less violence than Shadow. Yet, it got a T rating, and Shadow got a E10 (and we all know Sega or Sonic Team bribed to ESRB to get that rating). Just about any fighting game these days, no matter how kiddy, gets a T rating no matter what. Any except TMNT and Ninja Turtles 3.
Actually, Sega wanted Shadow to have a Teen rating:nerd:

crush_T_asain

Smash Apprentice
rated Ao for over awseomness!!!!!!!ya but expext a T for teen or maybe E 10(which is a dumb rating cause if its everyone 10 and over its not everyone anymore) and does anyone actually pay attention the esrb ratings anyways???i sure as hell dont

Winder

Smash Rookie
Well, the fact that E games are more intense now because of the E-10+ rating means that this game will most definitely have T rated material. Wonder what kind...
Plus, just because there's no blood, doesn't mean it's not super violent. People get shot, hurt with sharp blades, burn, and fall a LOT.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I'm glad it's T for Teen, so my Halo buddies don't think it's L for Lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom