• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl/PM Who's Tyler? 5: Low Tier City practice! - July 13th, 2013 - Lindale, TX

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Who's Tyler? 5!

Who's Tyler? is the main smash tournament series in east Texas... well at this point, in all of Texas!
We were going to do a Tyler PR tourney at this as well, but since ravemaster(a definite top 5) can't make it, we'll have to put that off. The main goal of this event is to practice for Low Tier City, and ETFC 3 will be for WHOBO practice. We hope you'll join us :D

When:
July 13th, 2013, from 11am to 9pm
Brawl Doubles: 12pm(1pm at the latest)
P:M Doubles: 12pm(1pm at the latest)

Brawl Singles: roughly 5pm, will begin when doubles is at Finals
P:M Singles: Same thing as that. When Doubles is closing up~

Where:
LINDALE LIBRARY
200 East Hubbard, Lindale, Texas 75771

Rules:
Brawl: "Idk I'll just freestyle it" rule-set
MK legal
3 stock
8 minute timer
IDC glitch banned
stop infinites at 300%
Don't stall ya nerds
You can only travel under the stage once before landing. scrooging twice without landing is banned
Dave's Stupid Rule is stupid. You CAN go the the same stage you previously won on if its not banned.
LGL is 40 for all characters
STAGE LIST:
Starters:
Smashville
FD
BF

Counterpicks:
Halberd
Yoshi's Island(brawl)
Delfino
PS1
Lylat

Higher port bans 1 starter, lower port bans the other. You play on the remaining stage.
Winner bans one stage, loser picks then(DSR is in effect)

P:M:
[collapse=Low Tier City rule-set]
1. 4 Stocks

2. 8 Minute Time Limit

3. Items set to “Off” and “None”

4. Buffer set to OFF

5. Modified DSR: The same stage may not be played on more than once per set, unless agreed upon by both players.

6. In the event of a match going to time/sudden death, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whoever has more remaining stock left.
b. If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by whoever has less percent.
c. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters and same stage.
d. In the event of going to sudden death because of suicide kill move (such as Ganon's overB or Dedede's inhale), the player initiating the move will be declared the winner.

7. Sets will be best out of 3 games. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals will be best out of 5.

Addendum for Doubles

1. Team Attack set to “On”

2. Life stealing is allowed. (Note that lifestealing in Project: M is done by pressing A+B, rather than Melee's start)

3. In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whichever team has more remaining stock.
b. If both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.

Character/Stage Selection Process

1. Blind Picks character selection.

2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.

3. The first match is played.

4. Winning player of the preceding match bans two stages.

5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.

6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.

7. The losing player picks character.

8. The next match is played.

9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

Singles Stagelist:

STARTERS:
Battlefield, Dreamland, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium 2, Smashville, Yoshi's Story (Melee), Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only), Yoshi’s Island Brawl (Doubles Only)

LEGAL STAGES:
All stages on the front page, minus SSE Jungle, Norfair, and Pokemon Stadium 1.

Other Rules
1. The Tournament Organizer is the arbiter of all disputes.

2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.

3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.

4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.

5. Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players, except for the 8 minute time limit.

6. Textures are Cool Clause: We're usually pretty lenient with textures/custom music. You're welcome to bring your set up to the tournament with them, but please do not have any disruptive music, hard to see textures, or dramatically altered character models. If you have a problem with the set up you're playing on, notify the TO and we'll get it resolved ASAP.[/collapse]

Wasaeda Doubles(Yes, just for P:M):
You sign up your name and what character you want to use. You are then locked to that character, and given a teammate via drawing names from a hat. so there can't be any strategic teams, it's funzies~ and it's a good way to make new friends :D
Prices:
Brawl Singles: $5 per player
Brawl Doubles: $5 per player($10 per team)
P:M Singles: $5 per player
P:M Doubles: $5 per player($10 per team)
P:M Wasaeda Doubles(HYPE): $1 per player
Venue: $5 (waived if you bring a setup(Wii/tv/ssbb/SD card with P:M(optional)))

Other:
Stream: twitch.tv/totes_magotes_live WE JUST BOUGHT COMMENTARY HEADSETS WHOOP!

We may be able to house if you wanna travel let me know!

My number is 903-521-7233 I'd prefer you to text cuz I hate phone calls but call if you must idc
Let me know if you have any Q's
Lets see if we can break 20 entrants for P:M AND Brawl singles!

D

Deleted member

Might go, depends how far it is and how I can pay for the fees.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, its two ****ing hours away from where I live, and you probably wouldn't wanna house a 14 year old either, so lol

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Actually Scotch, our little TO here is like what? 16 or 17? And psycho ace enjoys housing people. I can potentially house as long as you dont mind pets. (And my wife is Ok with it)

D

Deleted member

Maybe, if my mom is okay with it lol. Now, I just gotta figure how to pay these fees. (Gas fees, venue fee, tournament fee)

Oracle

Smash Master
We're actually using a group ruleset for ltc, check out the uprise 12 thread for it (on my phone so I cant really dig it up)

Oracle

Smash Master
Also does the venue have internet? We should put evo kn a big screen and have a watching party

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Ok I don't condone sidebets
that being said don't let me see it so that I'm not involved lol

If we watch Evo then we like cant hardly stream :(

Also we're doing this

1. After game one, the winning player bans a group of stages.
2. Losing player selects a group.
3. Winning player bans one stage in that group.
4. Losing player picks a stage from the remaining four
5. Winner chooses character
6. Loser chooses character

Group 1: Big Stage Big Blastzone
Dreamland 64
Castlevania
Kongo Jungle 64
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island Brawl

Group 2: Big Stage Small Blastzone (aka fox stages)
Rumble Falls
Skyloft
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Norfair

Group 3: Small Stage Big Blastzone
Fountain of Dreams
Metal Cavern
Port Town
Battlefield
Castle Seige

Group 4: Small Stage Small Blastzone
Green Hill Zone
Yoshi's Story
WarioWare
Delfino Plaza
Halberd

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Da fuq is this Icecream? That too damn confusing.... and makes counter picking hard. Also, as it stands now I'm free for this day. Prepare your selves.

Oracle

Smash Master
Dont mean to be a party pooper but with a tournament evo weekend I doubt anybody will want to watch us streaming

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Who's Tyler is at least 10x more hype than Evo

Rave that's what they're doing at LTC sorry~ BUT YOU'RE COMING SO WE CAN LIKE PR TOURNEY

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
I will theoretically be in Longview that weekend, lemme see what I can work out with the missus and maybe we'll show up (I might show up just to get rolled by Icecream :p)

Oracle

Smash Master
I have a custom stage select that makes the groups really obvious and simpe. At ltc im probabky gonna make posters as well

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
It looks to be that I'm gonna make it with about 80% certainity. The only way I wouldn't make it is if I decide to go ahead and order my tickets for Wintersun on August 31st the day prior to WT5.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
This stage list is amazing

Please note: there WILL be a $5 venue fee, which will be waived if you bring a set up.

D

Deleted member

Right now, I'm trying to sell **** to make money so I can drive out to Lindale on the 13th, because if I wanna have a good shot at LTC, I need to ****ing practice.

MiniFox5

Smash Apprentice
Oops;;

I'm going to revolution, so I might not go to this one.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
We gotta have mini there so we can do a PR. Let me see what I can do mini. I may be pressed on cash... but its Tyler and you need to be there to take names.

MiniFox5

Smash Apprentice
If you could do that for me, that would be great! I can pay for gas no problem.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Ok. If I am off, I can probably swing that. I don't expect the tip to cost more than like 10 or 15 bucks dorvthe round trip. I'll let you know asap!

Top Bottom