• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anytime_Minutes

Smash Apprentice
Why, when i search for brawl plus, nothing comes up? Surely its a hot topic and someone knows more about it and has an opinion on it.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
I have no clue what you are talking about, sorry. I don't think such a thing exists.

Anytime_Minutes

Smash Apprentice
i did, i tried: brawl plus, brawl + and brawl+ nothing. or i wouldn't have asked. I found it in the smash workshop, thanks Llyums

Shade26

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vemnzr
[sarcasm]Its awesome. The "combos" you can do are pretty cool and they are a good way to piss off your opponent. I mean, who doesn't want Ganondorf's Dair to be able to 0-death everybody without them having a chance to dodge or even DI? Best combo ever.[/sarcasm]

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
who cares it sucks
Modified Brawl with custom textures, music, infinite replay, and if allowed at your local tourney, no tripping > regular ol' boring Brawl that would get dull if it was the same thing over and over again.

[sarcasm]Its awesome. The "combos" you can do are pretty cool and they are a good way to piss off your opponent. I mean, who doesn't want Ganondorf's Dair to be able to 0-death everybody without them having a chance to dodge or even DI? Best combo ever.[/sarcasm]
You're probably thinking of a very old codeset that had a major amount of hitstun, or you probably saw Chibo get owned by the Skyride combo.

You ought to take a look at the newer codesets at the very least. I don't like the game either but you look stupid if you don't know your information.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Guys, he wasn't asking if you liked it, hated it, or how it played; he just wanted to find the **** thing. People have provided links to the Smash workshop and brawlplus.net, so please let this thread die. For future reference however, this does not merit its own thread and does not belong in tactical.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
He's still right, the metagame for it is managed by the same people who thought banning MK was a good idea.
http://www.smashboards.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=647

If you would have checked your facts you probably would have noticed the diversity of the WBR members. Also, just for future reference it's probably never a good idea to group abunch of people together and state that they all believe in the same things without first doing some research.

I'm guessing your comment also attempts to belittle people who believe Metaknight is banworthy but looking at the results i see that a lot of noteworthy and reputable people have a pro-ban stance as well.

Perhaps you shouldn't look down on a group of people who have a different opinion then you?

Anyways, this question has been answered. Plz close. :)

swordgard

Smash Hero
He's still right, the metagame for it is managed by the same people who thought banning MK was a good idea.

There are several problems with brawl +.

Basically it all boil downs to the people who run it being not so knowledgeable/good at the game and who believe they have to fix everything, coupled with the community having way too much input on the subject.

They didnt place in brawl for the most part, so they have very limited knowledge of how spacing and other stuff works and they feel like because they are the ones debating on brawl + they are the ones who know the most about it.

A) Community input is bad as people who whine and provide a vid of something which "seems" like **** will be nerfed, and the other way around too.
B) The backroom people rely on first-hand experience even though they are meh at the game for the most part.
C) The game has no clear cut definite goal, they just want to balance it, which they fail to, and make it "enjoyable", which is subjective, and thus unachievable. For example, when i asked a member of the backroom why ics infinite were removed in a game were comboes are ridiculously easy while this required setup and thus was balanced, he said: we just felt like it didnt belong in the game because it wasnt properly balanced. Feeling its not balanced=/=unbalanced.
D) The removal of many things to dumb the game down, such as momentum cancelling, use of SDI on many moves(SDI robs dsmash and he gets another, how ******** is that).
E) The new and cool factor fades away very fast when you understand that comboes arent impressive if they are super easy to do. Its like playing god mode in a game, at first your like O.o you cant die. Then it gets kinda repetitive.
F) The metagame isnt able to evolve as things are constantly changed, thus removing our ability to try and find counters. Instead, things are fixed.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think the question in this thread was answered, so I'm gonna go ahead and lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom