• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl plus *Platinum version*

Soulrack18

Smash Cadet
*Update*

Brawl + Platinum v3 trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz-TuSpCSs0&feature=youtu.be

If your interested in helping please contact me on my youtube page!

-Levels-
replaced levels to those that were less competitive.
Kept some levels the same to still enjoy some brawl fun.
Thank you brawl vault!

-Gameplay-
Brawl plus combos exist.
More combo ability for all characters
Balanced
Tech chases becomes really important in this and stomp combos
become more deadly. Juggling seems to fit every character and
Chain grabs still exist if you don't DI correctly.
Stun has been reduced

New AT's-
fast fall hill dash - This enables you to use a map's(corneria)
hill to slide off the map or across very useful for edgehogging
and traveling smashes.
-More At's-
*secret* download and find out

Facebook group - http://www.facebook.com/groups/181012108642269/

Brawl plus platinum V3 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/i36uu161i362jpl/Brawl++Platinum+V3.rar

Instructions- Copy the files to the Root of the Sd card. Files are found inside the rar file here. Load up the game then make sure you deleted all you stages then Load stage editor again then BAM. enjoy.

* if anyone is interested in making this project bigger or just wanna brawl with us just join the group*

****** We don't care if brawl plus died long time ago******

Soulrack18

Smash Cadet
Any critics anything would be grand. Isn't my work just my edit anywayz any comments on the video or whatever would be awesome. Tried online its play pretty solid! love it

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Did you ask any of the (former) Brawl+ team's permission? Usually these types of projects get shut down here if that courtesy wasn't extended.

Soulrack18

Smash Cadet
Honestly i posted it so people can get the word. I have people enjoying it regardless if or not i got permission. I do not if that is what you asked and the former team is on project melee isn't it. Not the point if you wish to shut it down then be my guest. I know the forum rules and such so no hard feelings. Thanks for warning.

D

Deleted member

I've been playing nothing but this and think it's great work. If the Brawl+ team abandoned it I don't see an issue with this. Some of us don't want Brawl to just be a copy of Melee (Project: M). I'm not associated with the team and have no clue who they are but I'm glad they did it. And well, people need to get over Melee to be quite honest.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
In your trailer, there's an Ike with the tag of "MAD", who is he and why is he named MAD like me and uses Ike like me? Is it just a guy with the tag because he was mad that match?

Soulrack18

Smash Cadet
Well he sucks so on behalf of you i'll make him change his name. He just started competitive play. I hope you guys enjoying the brawl plus.(MAD tag)

Gameplay to expect.-

For one thing stun has be added and gravity. The matches will go really quick so make sure you score the first stun hit or set it. Practice Di because Grab in this game and very deadly(CF, Pit, Olimar).

Things to Do to offense - Dash dances increases so shield/dash Grab has replace the melee jump cancel grab. Shield stun is increase so you shield will run out faster. People with really good jab stun like (diddy, Dk ,DDD) can attack very well without getting shield grab in mid of jab cancel. Note one random down form you opponent when you jab canceling them can turn the odds.

Defense- Dash dances make people really nervous when you have a ultra fast character with huge dashes. Just shield grab them when they get eager to attack. An example is in the Brawl plus platinum trailer ( Last captain falcon combo). Make sure under pressure you hold that shield..... This game is pretty fast especially if your fight some that jabcancel you and short hops in mid of combos. Practice you patience when on defense.
* these point i through out there because i feel they were the things i looked out for the most.

* alot of tech chases my friends due to gravity and floor contact more often. There is no tier list tho aleast idk if ill make one. Ill give you a semi thought on one i have be testing alot.

Toon link - Weapons have a lot of stun so abuse his weapons strategy to kill moves it's work perfect. He has BNb with his Bairs and stuff but mainly he weapons based and stays in the air. His floatyness bring his advantage because his increased speed during fast fall so take note his attack form air to ground can be really tricky.

Dk- Can you say stomp combos! My god if you catch someone with a stomp their hit stun is huge. His grab are useful for set up but combo ability pretty low. Stick to his tilts and ground to air mix up to land a stomp. For there you can score either a neutral B charge for Fair. He is a beast in Ko power but watch out because others have increased hit stun as well. Your still huge target to others.

ganon- Can combo into his choke special and air choke easy. still a punching bag but a dangerous because of his Huge hitstun moves. Combo to try out - B choke - tech chase down air - Into his Up special finish! works around 30%. its it comes to ganon you dont want to get hit. His combos are able to kill you easy. Now has a good Up grab set for Bair or up air. Example combo - Brawl plus platinum trailer Diddy vs ganon hyrule level -

Fox- OMg so excited he is not back form melee but has a little of both. Up grab is good set up. Down grab enables a tech chase and he has jump cancel shine ( thnks to brawl plus Gold). so he is a shining rush down. I can heavily attack you and throw in a shine to gain a knock down. Heck you can shine to shine if you quick enough and know how to jumpcancel shine. Shine combos are back with a brawl feel. Quick bnb - Shine to running upsmash-
shine to short jump shine- ..... down air to shine to dash attack to upsmash or upair. The list go on and best part is short hop fox illusion combos to kill moves at high %. Have fun with Fox.

Ike - I know Pm version has a utlra fast ike and stuff. Honestly marth is fast i dont need ike to be too. But he has his brawl plus attributes meaning he's a power house****. To kick things off his jab cancel are really dangerous so dont get hit. All his moves has incredible knockback. Do not depends on extend combos you'll fail. IF you start a low percent combo make sure you finish it quick before people start to DI. You can kill in low percentages so its not a problem for you to score three hits to death. Ex combo - Down air bounce to forward smash - jabcancel to foward tilt. This guy doesnt even have to combo my favorite thing to do is to chase with forward air across the map. Take note be offense with range because if you get hit off you done -_- ( forward special air cancels to up B only if you score the hit).

I messed with the whole roster but so far need more info on some characters. There isnt much change just alot of buffs. These buffs bring everybody up to S tier. So i have to find out who has the most buffs and how many matchups give them advantages.

Biggest note-

Sonic is pretty high tier - his running attack to his down smash is abusive and gets people knock off easily. Doesnt mean hes broken just has a huge buff. His up grab is really useful.
He has a huge buffs but i can't say he the best because samus is a heavyweight but is floaty so he cant juggle her perfect.

So this is a few characters i have used alot and seem to see standings. I have not put my main characters but i can tell you all my mains are extremely buffed and make a huge difference in character use.

Ness , CF , Luigi , Dk , Jigglypuff , Samus - Look out for combos with these characters in my videos they show potential.

I work really hard to find the number specific to return combos from 64 and melee to characters. I also tested it to show if brawl newcomers characters can compete with others. I may not have changed the PACS But i test a few codes to see if things become good for everyone. I have tested the MAD code as well as hybrid MAD and Hybrid with no timer. Went through many versions of brawl plus to come to this simple one. I hope my hard work payed of for others because my crew is increasing like never before and its all because they loved brawl plus but wanted more combos and more speed so it came come up to a hybrid of all smash games. So far this is the farthest i have gotten to reach that brawl. For one thing I can tell you my Ness from 64 has returned. I hope you guys enjoy this version and can help me make it better if needed.

Codes i need -
shield Recharge slowly- Enable more shield break combos to others.

No footstool with jump or it set to another button like PM - enables planned footstools.

No collision when thrown- I hate when i try to wombo combo and i get hit when they fly towards me. So having no hitbox or anything when getting launched.

button mapping codes- need to change button for footstooling

Future Fix if had hackers -
levels specific for brawl plus. Change brawl level in competitive levels. I added levels but level i found on Brawl vault. I have plenty of ideas for levels to edit but dont know how to make levels.

Future pac hacks -
I love brawl movesets but some moves need to edited to make more useful. Example is lucario being able to cancel is up b into a move ( brawl plus edit) which is an excellent add.
I would like to have separated characters like shiek and zelda have their own down Bs. The pokemon trainer is taken out and the pokemon have their own down B's. Their down specials would be a status move to improve their knockback and stun. I dont want to change their strategy or moves but i want them to have the ability to increase their stamina so it wouldnt stay unlimited all the time. Please note that unlimited stamina code is on i want to take it off. For example increasing stamina on the characters every time they get weak and moves get weak. Makes its a cool way to fight. Strategies to keep your stamina up will come into play and make the character more unique. Plus they will have cool animations for their down b 's. There plenty of pokemon moves for ideas of animations like bulk up, sword dance Etc. that can be a animation idea for down B.

MY final idea for this game is to fix final smashes.

Final smash code at certain % -
I realized when that code was released it would bring perfect ideas. maybe at 180% or whatever when you get final smash but its just a increased version of one of the character specials. For example Im fighting as Cf lets say i just got my final smash in a high level %. Lets get rid of the cutscene and have him just perform a falcon punch fast. A example is brawl minus i remember Cf being able to do falcun pawnch fast in the air. It doesnt slowed down gameplay and gives the person who earned the final smash a new tool.

Final smashes- focus on powered Neutral B.

Captain falcon - Once earned can Have a fast falcon punch nice same knockback just increased speed. Can be used for combos since its fast now. And not broken but good tool. shown here on this video many times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxv7wG1_exg

Diddy kong - Diddy explosion form his gun. I notice nobody uses his peanut gun so why use the end animation where it explodes make it into his final smash. No cutscene ofcourse so he can have a move that has good knockback and can score a Ko early since he earn the final smash. Balanced brawl did a easter egg with the end animation having a hitbox. Thats where i got the idea from so kudos Office cooper.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoOVfKel_4A

Lucario- Well ofcourse the spirit bomb from Project melee - Sucha perfect idea to give him as a final smash. No cutscene so mid combo move good tool. such respect to that hack for making melee again.

Final smash - focused on powered Down B

Ness - His Down B is great so use that same animation. when performed tho has the same effect as lucas down B. Alittle better knock but not too much so when comboing i can use for a ending Ko move. heck it can be used as a shine move so you can hit them away as defense. Kudos to brawl minus for coming up with a hitbox for Down B or else i wouldnt have never look at it as a hitting move. SO just use the one from brawl minus but change the direction it hits to forward instead of up. Increase the knock back since you only can use your final smash once so it can be a good move to Ko with.

Olimar - Make his call back move a hitbox. Hit box has to be the radius of the move where the rainbow is. Make the purple effect and nice knockback not to much(medium- weak) since the range is huge and a useful move as well. Defensive move since olimar has his size and range to help him alot. His recovery is the only way to beat him so im not goona buff that to make him better.

Gamewatch - Auto bucket. when you have final smash it ll be the same as using the bucket when its full. Give him a advantage and its a pretty good move on its own. Having it is good thing against character he cant earn it against.(dk , diddy , Etc). So it be easy to put in and doesnt effect any animtation just gives him a extra tool. Then he can hack two buckets in case he does have the other one full as well.

ETC >-<

Any ideas will be grand to have i want to hear from your ideas as well. I may not have the best ideas thats why i ask your your guys help. Try not to think of a huge animations move and stuff because not needed. I just want improved specials to be a final smash for characters. No cutscene smashes because its slow down gameplay.

I want to map the final smash button to another button. if not possible then well it wont effect its much. B is good enough to activate a final smash. If you can change the button i would like it to be A + B or a Taunt button ( dpad)

Enjoy brawl plus Platinum Any comments or ideas please comment. Any hackers out there who are interested making brawl plus better please help. Not Much is needed to complete all this just small stuff.

Animations-
Hitbox additions
Custom level making-

Brawl plus already good as it is. Just need to polish it.
I take noo creditttttt just added codes. =]

D

Deleted member

You know, your post was fine until you decided to throw this out.
You know how much people talk about Melee and worship it as if it's a god. It just gets old and no one is willing to move on. You seriously cannot blame me. I feel like it's a horse that has been beaten to death, cremated, spread into the ocean, then the oceans were dried by the sun, and the eventually the next big bang occurred blowing up the dried oceans of our Earth.

I will leave it at that.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I don't see what the problem is. Plenty of people still play old iterations of long-running fighters for one reason or another. There's no reason to move on if what's there still works. The fact that Melee has had such incredible staying power is something to it give major props for, not put the game down for it.

D

Deleted member

I don't see what the problem is. Plenty of people still play old iterations of long-running fighters for one reason or another. There's no reason to move on if what's there still works. The fact that Melee has had such incredible staying power is something to it give major props for, not put the game down for it.
I'm not putting the game down, moreso the fanbase that thinks it's the only Smash game ever.

Personally I still play Smash 64, it's my favorite. I bought it off the shelves days after it came out. Looking forward to the new Wii U one for sure though. Hope it's a nice combination of every game in the series plus more.

Soulrack18

Smash Cadet
i agree till the release im keep playing this. keep working to make it better and then by the time u know it smash 4 is out.

D

Deleted member

i agree till the release im keep playing this. keep working to make it better and then by the time u know it smash 4 is out.
BTW Ness is my main as well. :D I'm actually pretty bad at comboing in Platinum though. :( I've been playing quite a bit of Minus lately since it's slower so it's easier for me. Platinum is neato though.

...So we have moved on from modding retail games to modding mods of retail games, then? It's been a while. ._.;

Just to say, stating that you've given "huge buffs" to all of your mains is probably not the best way to inspire confidence in your judgement of character balance. Especially since I mained Ness when B+ was still a thing, and if you buff him much more than the B+ team already did, things are going to get a little 5.0 quickly.

Soulrack18

Smash Cadet
...So we have moved on from modding retail games to modding mods of retail games, then? It's been a while. ._.;

Just to say, stating that you've given "huge buffs" to all of your mains is probably not the best way to inspire confidence in your judgement of character balance. Especially since I mained Ness when B+ was still a thing, and if you buff him much more than the B+ team already did, things are going to get a little 5.0 quickly.

I guess... um your saying you've seen ness get to top tier before blah blah. My character judgement will change with more testing. I have been testing it longer then anyone else so thats why i posted those thing. It's not false just notes i have taken that i feel other should know.
I don't get this comment at all. Take note.. my main was ness since 64 so im familiar with his combos in each one. Brawl main where luigi and ness. I was only stating what i found but honestly my fear is bowser because of his knockback. Even tho no one has used him against me i have tested the stun time on his moves and my god you better DI or tech away. So please post a comment that make more sense. Explain what you mean so i can correct my notes.
Are you stating..... that you been around since brawl plus started.. well oh wow good for you. Test the game before you talk. I mean every character. Notice the changes of GOLD is there but hitstun is different and downward gravity. So that means everyone is effected!!!!

The only characters i seem to have trouble using is kirby and zero suit. That's just because i never ever played with those two. Wanna help me test this go right ahead thats why i posted it. But don't go claiming stuff i never stated. Only thing i claimed is that sonic somehow became a crowd favorite in my meetups. Everybody saw his dash attack and saw its huge potential to extend combos with it.

I leave you with this,
i tested this for aleast 7 months before posting. i looked at so many smash 64, brawl combos and melee videos my eyes have the images still. All i tried to do is bring back shield break pressure from 64, Melee edge fight and speed, and use brawl as my base for at's. Brawl+ did it ahead of time ofcourse and i followed till the end. Waited for others to push it and nothing happen. Inkmissary tried, Lil T tried so i felt i should give it a try even tho i cant hack.
So please comment right don't beat around the bush if you don't like it say it. If you didn't test it yet then I'm ignoring you comment. I can't write everything i found But I'm trying my best. If you can help me test it maybe we can come up with a nice and firm Info Post for those who don't know some things. i have things i found and yet to post it. I will post soon but still testing.
Have fun with the mod or brawl plus whatever you wanna call it. =]
Any ideas I'm open ears and be glad to work with you.

Soulrack18

Smash Cadet
Quick little fact i used everybody else before i even touched my ness or luigi. Meaning all my edits were based on everyone else.. When i finally got to both and the end i realize they were at pretty good standing with the others. So instead of watching out for my main's buffs i looked towards the characters that were never used in brawl plus gold. Then the semi used and finally came to the ones that appear in every brawl plus combo vid. Made the game easy to combo that way everyone can have the same advantages and some of their own. I didn't want some characters to have the amount of advantages they did in Gold because tell you the truth it was sad. Alot others were way better then the ones not used -_-. Now everyone is dangerous so no need to worry who is the cheapest just worry on who get hit and pressured first.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
To be honest I thought this would be pretty terrible but the video looked pretty good and if you fix Final Smashes with that do x% damage for FS code you have me sold.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
fix stage sizes and I'll be happy or rather revert them back to previous version of B+ preferably 5.0. The Shorten boundaries are what make me sick to my stomach to play the gold version. No offense.

Soulrack18

Smash Cadet
thank you I'll take those note and re release it.
I'll try to figure out if i can find someone to fix the finals smashes for me.
I will try real hard on the stages and fix boundaries.

Final smashes -
Fix boundaries and levels choice.
Anything else ( there has to be more?)

Soulrack18

Smash Cadet
Anything you would request to be change..... have you seen the list of planning locate on the end of the first page?
need critics to help if anything is wrong.
I'm making a combostarter video on this hack to help you pull off combos with certain characters.
Still trying to change the levels and find people for final smash changes.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Wait, from the first post, it says that you haven't even changed PAC files??
And the levels you just got from BrawlVault?

So, 99% of this package is just other people's work repackaged as the continuation of a outdated project.

Soulrack18

Smash Cadet
Lmao i missed the point of the comment??? dude it isn't my work i said that millions of times why do you have a problem with it. Do you wish to say its my work because honestly it isn't. I don't even know why i even try to understand your posts?

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
who honestly even cares about brawl+ anymore?

brawl- and project M are the only two brawl mods really worth playing now.

balanced brawl feels to much like the slow boring original, even if it was balanced out, brawl+ was just a quickfix and more or less a test when folks were just figuring out the best ways to mod brawl.

Project M and Brawl- are leaps and bounds better than any other mod right now.

Soulrack18

Smash Cadet
well thats all swell and stuff, hope you guys are done with you immature comments lmao. if you don't like it go jack off to one of the other mods.
I like brawl plus even tho the others are updated and stuff. Kudos for both PM and brawl minus. It Just some people prefer Brawl + with a little tweak.
Didn't realize so many haters out there!

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Nothing Mr. K said was anything resembling immature. Well okay, the lack of capitalization is a little childish, but he made very legitimate points regarding the target audience of this. Who exactly are you trying to appeal to with this, coming out of nowhere attempting to sell people on something that, frankly, few people have interest in, without a way of spreading this further than it is?

No one is being immature but you, saying things like "Just go jack off into your other mods and stop hating." We aren't just putting you down for this, we're telling you what to expect trying to get this out, telling you that in all honesty, this has little audience, little advertising, little appeal, and little to make it stand out from the other, more professionally handled mods. It is as plainly stated as possible, just a personal edit to a mod molded to your individual tastes .

Soulrack18

Smash Cadet
Alright you make a point I apologize to K. But just defensive statement by me. you defending him is different if he had a approach close to yours then i would have had a different response. you stated it in a manner that i can see the negative that i am aware of, But if you just put the down Mod saying it not worth playing blah blah blah. Sound immature to me second i'm not making fun of other mods at all saying the sentence i said. I just stated that other mods are good and you can jack off to then lmao. Other mods have more knowledge, more people, more publicity etc. I was just trying to bring back something that was left behind. I'm in the works in making it fresh again so the ones who do enjoy it can stay with it without feeling it not getting updated or polished. There are people like the few like you say that think this mod is something that is fun but unfinished* unpolished* Missing a small thing to make it complete and etc.

* I'm just defending those people who actually this brawl plus is worth something even if its just a few. So Just taking what i say and turning me into a bad guy is just immature. I don't see where in this whole post i stated anything negative about other mods. I was frankly talking about people defending their favorite mods in the wrong place. Its like some comments are just like " Listen bro Pm and brawl - are way better so give up if your not looking to bring it that far"

- I'm Just doing this to polish brawl plus and fix it up neatly. Not to match the other just to give it the respect that i and few others think it deserves.

- I don't want to pass other mods or make it better since i already think its worth my time then the others. I want to polish it with the new stuff we have found since it's death.

- I like the other mods a lot Bbrawl, Project melee , brawl - , Overdrive Etc.
Why would i want to try to make them disappear or pass there publicity.

If you can't figure out the target audience the I'm sorry your pretty slow. It's like me posting on Brawl -, Pm or other mods " hey come check out Brawl plus people".
Did i do that????? No that proves i was not at all trying to target those audiences and not trying to offend other mods...
I know its a very silent attempt But it will make it's way back up if it has the potential. if not i still accomplished making it available to people who want it.

I repeat " If you don't like it go jack off to other mods"
***translation***
Why would you even compare this mod to others and post the obvious.
That means all you want to do is put the mod down lower the it already is. If you want to help with the negative comment then state stuff about the mod that wasn't already either stated or obvious. Publicity doesn't make a good mod and neither the audience . Professionally done or not it still exist and it's fun.

Any people who agree with just polishing it and adding some small edits to make it even more fun then it already is please stay and give feedback and corrections.

As for the idiots who know this mod isn't worth their time and post things that don't even help....... your wasting your time.

*Heads up* take a look at lil T brawl + expansion pretty epic if your looking for Brawl plus with more Psa changes and updates. It's a excellent idea and worth looking into.

Soulrack18

Smash Cadet
Hey new update coming up. Date not final because im still working on PSA to make new moves for A replacement final smashes. But this should be out like 28th Maybe with new levels and other details.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Please stop posting just to bump your thread. You've triple posted now, and a lack of outside response should be fairly indicative of the level of interest in your hack-pack.

Soulrack18

Smash Cadet
sorry i should have just edited it.. i was lazy. if anything you can go ahead and delete the thread. oh lord.

luxmivozi

Smash Apprentice
Honestly i posted it so people can get the word. I have people enjoying it regardless if or not i got permission. I do not if that is what you asked and the former team is on project melee isn't it. Not the point if you wish to shut it down then be my guest. I know the forum rules and such so no hard feelings. Thanks for warning.
well can you put a link to the real thing?

The Cape

Smash Master
Are there any changelists for this?

I am curious what was done to it after we all abandoned it and PM because the new thing.

Top Bottom