• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Picks #4: Lucario vs Deoxys

Who is your brawl pick?

• Lucario

Votes: 155 74.9%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 52 25.1%

• Total voters

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
I picked lucario he seems like more of a super smash character he might be a favorite if hes a choosable character.. and deoxys is already a pokeball

Talendime

Smash Ace
I think any pokemon character additions should not stray outside of the original 150 (well, plus Mew). It just got ridiculous after that.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
I think any pokemon character additions should not stray outside of the original 150 (well, plus Mew). It just got ridiculous after that.
I personally want a lot of pokemon in pokeballs, but not the ones that would make great additions to the character list. I would like to see every legendery in a pokeball, except the good ones again. These probably won't happen due data space.

Spartan_187

Smash Apprentice
"Come again? I'm sorry. I'm fighting the Cove
Lucario over Deoxys, but I think Sakurai is going to pick even more pop. Pokemon...

NOT PERSONNEL WISH LIST, BUT BY CHANCES: Meowth>Munchlax (BOO!!!)>Lucario>Deoxys. Yes, I know Deoxys does have a chance EVEN THOUGH it's in a Pokeball.

Estimated chances:
Meowth 79.31%
Munchlax 75.75%
Lucario 70.82%
Deoxys 29.47%

Gindor

Smash Ace
DEOXYS IS A POKEBALL POKEMON!!! Just look on the official site!!!
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/mball/index.html
...I don't know if your trying to shoove it in our faces or being sad about it, either way, you should've gone to the "official deoxys whatever" thread to do so.

EDIT-we know already, but that was attack form and a few are hoping that he gets in as playable in normal form.

Pokebrawl

Smash Journeyman
Definately Lucario. Here's a moveset idea:

B - Aura Sphere: Lucario charges up a blue energy ball. When fully charged, you can save the blast for later and Lucario's hand glows with blue aura. It has a slight homing ability similar to samus's missle.
<B> - Brick Break: Lucario uses a karate chop in the direction he's facing. It does more damage when used on a shielding player, plus breaks there shield.
^B - Extremespeed: A quick dash upward that is fairly easily directionable.
vB - Dark Pulse: A short-ranged wave of darkness flows from Lucario that also hits projectiles bck the opposite direction.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Good thread, but what if both/neither make it? =\ sorry to nag, I know you already thought of this

That lucario MS is broken, you mean damages heavily on their shield. breaking it is a little cheap, and when coupled with SHHFLs it would just be to unfair.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Good thread, but what if both/neither make it? =\ sorry to nag, I know you already thought of this

That lucario MS is broken, you mean damages heavily on their shield. breaking it is a little cheap, and when coupled with SHHFLs it would just be to unfair.
MS = What?
Nintendo has learned to stop making broken characters (ness). Though I go against myself a little when I think of fox/falco, but they didn't see the potential they had at theat time, but they will probably fix it in brawl.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
Lucario isn't going to be in the game. Not in a Pokeball, not as a trophy. He isn't going to be in the game at all.

Sakurai was making the game long before P+D came out. He probably didn't even take notice of him. Not to mention the last few pokemon updates delt with Ruby, so he's probably going to focus on the third gen mostly.

Twilight, Link, Twilight Zelda, Bridge of Eldin
Donkey Kong, Rumble Falls, Bongo Final

See a pattern? Its like this for most characters. Same rule applies to Pokemon. All new Pokemon will be from Ruby/Sapphire.

kaid

Smash Master
...Except at the time Smash was announced, Lucario and Munchlax had already been shown. That makes D/P the newest games, and your comparisons with the LoZ and DK universes only add more weight to a 4th gen being in brawl.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
...Except at the time Smash was announced, Lucario and Munchlax had already been shown. That makes D/P the newest games, and your comparisons with the LoZ and DK universes only add more weight to a 4th gen being in brawl.
This is true...

Did Twilight Princess not come out around the same time Diamond and Pearl did?

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
I have yet to see Lucario or Munchlax on the Dojo site. Deoxys and Groudon have both been shown already. In fact there isn't a single pokemon from the 4th gen on the site yet.

How are my refrences to the LoZ and DK universes add more to the 4th gen being in Brawl? There is evidence on the site that the 3rd gen is being represented. Have you been to it recently?

Gindor

Smash Ace
D*** why do i always make the last post-ughh no one would come if I edited...anyways-

just a though, what if mewtwo (practically in because he was already in melee, and was awesome at that) is PT's rival in the subspace emissiary (story mode). Anyways they both come from red and blue, so it would be very fitting in my opinion.

Am I a thread killer?

Lucario for brawl (deoxys too, but I know it would be a miracle)!

Top Bottom