• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Picks #4: Lucario vs Deoxys

Who is your brawl pick?

• Lucario

Votes: 155 74.9%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 52 25.1%

• Total voters

Cenedar

Smash Ace
I wonder how many of you have ever brought a Mewtwo to a tournament?

If you can't play him well enough, you shouldn't be complaining that he sucks. All that's wrong with him, is lack of weight and speed.

Lucario vs Mewtwo would be an awesome FMV.
Quoted for truth. HARDCORE TRUTH.

Lucario vs Mewtwo is a fight I'd pay to see.

My vote is Lucario due to, if nothing else, personal preference. Deoxys has great potential too, don't get me wrong. I'm just training a Lucario in Diamond now and I love him to death. So here's one more for the Lucario side.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
I wonder how many of you have ever brought a Mewtwo to a tournament?

If you can't play him well enough, you shouldn't be complaining that he sucks. All that's wrong with him, is lack of weight and speed.

Lucario vs Mewtwo would be an awesome FMV.
I would like to see that fight. Any character can be used to win a tournament, it is just harder for some of them to be used and won. It is even possible for a pichu to reach 1st place. He is just one of the harder ones to win with. Fyi, I hate pichu in melee.

TheBlackblaze

Smash Cadet
This is a kinda an easy pick for me, Lucario's moveset would be easy to make. He's basically the most seen 4th gen and over all, he has personality. Don't get upset here, but Deoxys kinda is just out there your generic villain, while Lucario has lots of potential and traits. I could see Deoxys for a 3rd gen poke'.But it'd be hard not to make him that cheap, the way I see it, Deoxys has 3 different forms, which could boost up his stats, like speed, defense, and attack, I'd think they'd implement that somehow, which would make him kinda cheap, I mean, he can change his stats anytime he want's for his own need.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
This is a kinda an easy pick for me, Lucario's moveset would be easy to make. He's basically the most seen 4th gen and over all, he has personality. Don't get upset here, but Deoxys kinda is just out there your generic villain, while Lucario has lots of potential and traits. I could see Deoxys for a 3rd gen poke'.But it'd be hard not to make him that cheap, the way I see it, Deoxys has 3 different forms, which could boost up his stats, like speed, defense, and attack, I'd think they'd implement that somehow, which would make him kinda cheap, I mean, he can change his stats anytime he want's for his own need.
We've already decided that he will change during his moves, just for animation...

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
I don't like deoxys's design and he's so complicated with that forms thing...
But I'm not sure we'll have 4th gen pokemons here.

Talking about chances...
Lucario = 80% [if 4th gen is in, he probably is]
Deoxys = 20% [i don't think sakurai will consider him)
Gardevoir = 60% [he was in the pool...]

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Though I prefer Lucario since he's one of my favorite Pokemon, I'd really rather have both in Brawl because we'd need a candidate to represent the 3rd generation.

SupaNova

Smash Cadet
well in my opinion i think that both lucario and deoxys would be great additions in brawl however, i like deoxys a little bit more because of his versatility and his uniqueness, so he would be my first pick.(But just by a little bit). And i think that everybody shouldn't vote for the person that is most popular, but for the person who THEY think would be best for the game!!! If u dont agree with that, then you are being biast.

Gindor

Smash Ace
hmmm...I voted for deoxys, but now I would like and rather play as lucario. Deoxys could be devistating offensive character that ist easily killed (reprisenting the pokemon games). It would change forms for its animations (which is kick but, also reprisenting the pokemon games). But lucario is a small quick dog like pokemon with at least one powerful projetile (maybe I am also a little biased because Iam playing pearl). I like playing as samus and shiek, and I would like the combination. I'm still for deoxys but this forum has changed my opinion.

Gindor

Smash Ace
I just got an idea about what lucario's final smash could be. Like lucario, link is made for fighting one foe at a time. It was just recently that it was confirmed, link's final smash attacks one foe (and probably very powerfully), so shouldn't lucaro do the same just about. -Lucaro grabs the smash ball! He jumps at the closest foe (lets say link)! He starts an insane combo using his matial skills (close combat?), kicks link far (but not off screen), creates a ball of pure willpower and force and launches it at the link potentially blasting off screen (focus blast)!

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
deoxys is the worst thought out poorly modeled pokemon ever. these days there are way too many robot pokemon

lucario ftw

Gindor

Smash Ace
deoxys is the worst thought out poorly modeled pokemon ever. these days there are way too many robot pokemon

lucario ftw
There are worse ideas, there's a pokemon that looks like it's from paper mario.
http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/452.shtml

Uh... Deoxys is not a robot....

OH, and Gindor, Link's Final Smash can hit multiple people, read the update about it.
My bad, maybe the focus blast part of his final smash can hit multiple people...

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
There are worse ideas, there's a pokemon that looks like it's from paper mario.
http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/452.shtml

My bad, maybe the focus blast part of his final smash can hit multiple people...
Possibly, but also there two more possibilities-

1: When Link shoots the triforce out, maybe at a certain distance, it will expand and trap whoever was in the area.
2: Whenever it hits someone, the triforce expands, and anyone hit by the expanded triforce gets stuck in the attack.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Possibly, but also there two more possibilities-

1: When Link shoots the triforce out, maybe at a certain distance, it will expand and trap whoever was in the area.
2: Whenever it hits someone, the triforce expands, and anyone hit by the expanded triforce gets stuck in the attack.
That makes me want to train up link now, but he doesn't have a lot of handle and is a little cumbersome in my opinion, and marth use his sword a lot better.:urg:

Gindor

Smash Ace
I have made two deoxys movesets for deoxys, one for his single form style, and the other for his multi form style. The single form idea was initally made by stryks. These were already posted on the official deoxys for brawl thread, but that thread has died I believe. They might sway some of your opinions. Should I post them on this thread?

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I have made two deoxys movesets for deoxys, one for his single form style, and the other for his multi form style. The single form idea was initally made by stryks. These were already posted on the official deoxys for brawl thread, but that thread has died I believe. They might sway some of your opinions. Should I post them on this thread?
I say, go right ahead!

Gindor

Smash Ace
I say, go right ahead!
It will take a while, here goes!

Edit: Tada, I have modified these a little

---Multiform deoxys (moves like mewtwo, but jumps more smoothly)---
-Normal form-don't hold any button during arena loading screen, use teleport (how to play/turn into this form)
power-4 speed-4 jump-4 weight-2 handle-4 (5 being the most, maybe this form should be weakened...)
Attacks by slapping punshing and whipping the foe. Has a lot of ground and aerial attacks.

-attack form-hold A during loading screen(just like sheik), use psycho boost
power-5 speed-4 handle-3 jump-2 weight-1
Attacks by whipping the foe rapidly and/or powerfully. Has a lot of ground and spiking attacks.

-defense form-hold A and down during loading screen, use mirror coat
power-3 speed-3 jump-3 weight-5 handle-5
Attacks by slapping with its flat tentacles. Has a lot of launching and spiking attacks.

-speed form-hold A and right/left during loading screen, use extreme speed
power-3 speed-5 jump-5 weight-3 handle-2
attacks by whipping the foe swiftly. has a lot of launching and aerial attacks.
All forms use psychic powers to attack here and there.

B-psycho boost-deoxys fires of a ball of psychic energy like a fully charged charge shot with the delay of a falcon punch, maybe a little less. loses power very quickly
-attack form-(as in allready in ______ form)-more power, speed, and range

B <>-extreme speed-deoxys tackles to the right or left just like it's usin fox illusion.
-speed form-just like teleporting to the right or left while inflicting heavy damage

B v-mirror coat-deoxys reflects attacks back at their users, just like reflect
-defense form-stuns more nearby foes and reflects projectiles back with more power.

B ^-teleport-mewtwo's teleport
-normal form-more distance, less delay once appeared

Grab-wrap-deoxys wraps the foe tightly
-speed-instantly grabs the foe
-defense-grabs the foe for longer

grab hit-wring out-deoxys squeezes the foe
-attack-whip-deoxys whips the foe with its free tentacles
-normal-punch-deoxys punches the foe

throw > (foreward)-whip throw-deoxys throws the foe foreword
-normal-deoxys smashes the foe into the ground while throwing them foreword

throw ^-whip rocket (another name please)-deoxys throws the foe upward
-attack-deoxys madly whips the foe with all tentacles while throwing them upwards

throw v-whip smash-deoxys thows the foe down
-defense-deoxys jumps, throws the foe under it, and body slams them

throw <-whip toss-deoxys thows the foe behind it self
-speed-deoxys whips the foe while throwing them back

final smash-hyper beam-deoxts fires a beam
of pure energy across half the screen and cannot be damaged while firing, but is delayed afterwards
-attack-more damage and delay
-defense-deoxys is granted a defense boost while delayed
-speed-deoxys has less delay afterwards, and can move the angle of the beam slowly upwards and downwards

And remember with this style, you don't have to master every form, just the ones you like. :)

---Single form deoxys (moves like mewtwo, blah blah blah, and stryks initial idea)---
power-5 speed-4 jump-2 weight-2 handle-2

Normal form animations
taunt/stand/neutral attacks/walk/walking attacks/teleport/final smash-duplicate (imitates unown)

attack form animations
any smash attacks/grab hit/any throws/psycho boost
Throw >(just wanted to show these)-zap cannon-deoxys throws the foe foreword and fires of a ball of electric energy (very inaccurate)
Throw ^-swift-deoxys throws the foe upwards and then fires star shaped rays (very accurate)
Throw v-psychic-deoxys throws the foe bellow it self and uses the move psychic on them
Throw <-fling-deoxys just throws the foe behind it self

defense form animations
guard/mirror coat

speed form animations
dash/dash attack (probably tackle)/jump/any aerial attacks/grab/dodge (double team if the animations don't lag the game)/extreme speed

Whoa! single form take up a lot less space!

Jahikoi

Smash Rookie
Lucario.

We already have a psychic pokemon, and we dont need another.

However, I would prefer blaziken.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
deoxys is not just physic, he has four transformations, and mewtwo needs to pick up the slack if he wants to keep his slot

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Gotta pick Lucario first. Ninja hadoken pokemon ftw.

Not sure I could see both Mewtwo and Deoxys having room in the game unless the roster is huge, so I'd probably pick Mewtwo over Deoxys... Just like his attitude, mates.

And then there's Gardevoir, the only poke on Sakurai's poll. Probably want her in before Deoxys just as she looks so cool.

...Just doesn't look good for Deoxys, at least in my head.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
well 1, ima pirate so i despise ninjas. and 2, deoxys would be incredibly different from mewtwo mainly because he has four forms, i don't know why people keep comparing the two

Gindor

Smash Ace
I first saw a glimpse of deoxys on smashbros and did'n think to look if he was in a pokeball. I couldn't wait to post on the thread that deoxys made it in, but when I got there (the official deoxys thread), I saw a flood of deoxys haters gloating. I had then to go back and check if he was in a pokeball, and when I saw it I wanted to do something to change it, but, alas, there was no way.
As I reached the end of the flooded thread I thought "You know what, who ever loses, I win!" because I am a lucario fan too! But to the diehard deoxys fans, I say "deoxys is lost, but not forgotten, and the battle is lost (it seems), but the war isn't!"
Also lucario might suffer the same fate, you can come over to lucario's side, It's almost as good, if not better!
I cannot lose! Lucario and Deoxys for the win!

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I felt like someone just punched me in the face...

Luckilly, Deoxys isn't one of my strong supports like Ridley is. If I ever see Ridley as an assist character, I'm going to need to buy a new computer because I'm going to toss this one out the window.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
As I reached the end of the flooded thread I thought "You know what, who ever loses, I win!" because I am a lucario fan too! But to the diehard deoxys fans, I say "deoxys is lost, but not forgotten, and the battle is lost (it seems), but the war isn't!"
Also lucario might suffer the same fate, you can come over to lucario's side, It's almost as good, if not better!
I cannot lose! Lucario and Deoxys for the win!
Quoted for truth. Well put Gindor.

I voted for Lucario myself, but I also thought Deoxys had possibilities as a character on the roster. When I first saw Deoxys on the site I thought "HOLY CRAP, HE'S IN!" Alas, then I saw the yellow border next to his name and realized he was a pokeball summon. Although I have to say, Hyper Beam looks like death on a stick. good stuff.

Here's hoping Lucario still ends up as a playable character. But for now, Deoxys, you waged a good battle for Brawl. You might not be on the playable roster, but nevertheless, welcome to Smash, good friend.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Quoted for truth. Well put Gindor.

I voted for Lucario myself, but I also thought Deoxys had possibilities as a character on the roster. When I first saw Deoxys on the site I thought "HOLY CRAP, HE'S IN!" Alas, then I saw the yellow border next to his name and realized he was a pokeball summon. Although I have to say, Hyper Beam looks like death on a stick. good stuff.

Here's hoping Lucario still ends up as a playable character. But for now, Deoxys, you waged a good battle for Brawl. You might not be on the playable roster, but nevertheless, welcome to Smash, good friend.
I voted for deoxys when I came onto this thread, got changed to a lucario fan (primarily), and when I saw deoxys on smashbros, I only saw deoxys and I was a true deoxys fan again, but like my sig says, it is very ironic, I'm glad I voted for deoxys, but the poll should be closed, for there is no argument, unless we still want to know who is cooler/more popular/better overall.

Top Bottom