• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online Tournament League with Cash Prizes!

Skler

Smash Master
I'm looking for Brawl players who would be interested in joining an Online Brawl league with cash prizes. The league would consist of biweekly tournaments, and depending on the amount of people interested it will be either a 32, 64 or 128 person league (I really don't expect 128, but who knows).

The league would be seasonal, each season would be three months. Each tournament itself would have a cash payout for the top three, and at the end of a season there would be a cash payout for the top three players of the season (there will be a point system for placing high in each tournament during the season). This way players will be rewarded for consistent placing instead of just randomly winning one tournament.

As far as results for the tournaments go the players would either have the option of recording the match or having it judged by a NON-VOLUNTEER (volunteers can have bias) judge. The judge would kill themselves at the start of the match and let the other players play while watching.

Since the league would have cash prizes, each tournament would have an entry fee. I'd like input on what people think is a reasonable entry fee for an online tournament, so leave ideas in this thread. Money would be handled via paypal (it's very easy to use and prevents any scamming attempts).

If enough people want this to happen it will, so post if you want in on this or have any suggestions.

th0rn

Smash Lord
I think it should be a 5 or 10 dollar entrance fee.... hell, maybe even 15 and up that pot ehhhh????

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
5$ is nice. Maybe like a discount for people who show up every time. If it is 5$ then 4$ for the people. Just an idea that will probably not work. And I would join this.

Skler

Smash Master
We still need more people to be interested before this starts since I would like it to have at least 32 people for an easy to make bracket with no byes. Entry fee right now is looking like it would be 5 or 10 dollars. Tell your friends about this so we can get it up and running!

Denno

Smash Rookie
Well there is allready a league:

wii.consoles.net/ucl

but you don´t have to pay anything

ps: sorry for double post

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
interested, but don't count me in yet, ill be back soon with an answer XD

Also, would there be monitoring of the matches? I hope a cash prize wont tempt people to lie about winning their matches

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
It seems you have 17 players wanting in, and at this rate, you won't have 32. Maybe...

You could just have 16 entrees (I don't see another 15 joining anytime soon), the final match being against Skyler. As far as judges go, I can be one, I don't mind keeping an eye and being a second witness (no worries, I'm not biased towards any of the participants, as I've never discussed with them).

Top Bottom