• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

brawl online nightly

himemiya

Smash Lord
nah, miya uses c-stick too much :p

brawl definitely favors defensive playstyle, and I definitely prefer tb which is why I tend to get slaughtered in 1v1. in tb I'm more of the "point-man." I like to rush in and attack while my partner is covering my approach, but if ta is 'on' well heh, it's a little more tricky.

should be on in about 2-3 hours
There are good team combinations that can turn friendly fire into an advantage,ex: snake&kirby/metaknight (plant c4 on kirby/mk then have them u-throw then activate c4 its an 1hko). If your partner loose recovery you can hit it so it can recover again.

You don't expect me to use the a button right?

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
O_O wow that was actually pretty fun(not being sarcastic) GG Oxide :)

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
GGs Jesus. Sorry if I was a bit smash-spammy with Fox. I'm used to playing him in Melee more than Brawl.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
True. I just have a personal reluctance against doing something too much in this game. I don't like it when people start to get bored when they fight me.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
I wasn't bored I was entertained but I guess that's just my opinion

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I know you weren't bored. I worded that completely wrong, lol. Way too tired for coherent typing. I meant in the sense of being too predictable. Take Spamchus for example.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
You don't expect me to use the a button right?
well, yeah, sometimes you should otherwise you wind up...

...being too predictable.
Just like those crazy folks who eschew smash keys. Gotta be balanced and use every facet of the match even if it's "bad form" because in reality every move has its place.

Wait, except mario's down tilt wasn't that considered the most useless move in the game? :D

edit: I should be on tonight... maybe even twice but for like an hour I gotta cut out and stop in at work ><

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Wait, except mario's down tilt wasn't that considered the most useless move in the game? :D
I actually use that somewhat often as a decay refresher. Hell, I'm probably the only Ness that uses PK Pulse that can manage a fully charged KO.

I'll also be on tonight. Still using new characters.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
GGs Sucumbio. Like I said before, I have no idea WTF I'm doing with Meta Knight.

^ Oh god, you have no idea how mad I got at myself as Ike when I tilted the wrong way for half the match.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
lol hey we all gotta start somewhere. your best character seems to be sheik which means your MK should be unstoppable but you're only using half his moveset, same with your pikachu you could totally wreck me if you used down-b more, not spammy but you could tell when I was wide open for it

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I use MKs Tornado and Pikachu's Down-B as a last resort sort of thing. If you use it too much at the start, people will look out for it more.

Of course, I'm horrible at predicting the Tornado, so don't take me as an example.

I have to really get out of the habit of those panic mode moves. I'll try out Meta Knight more next time.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I'm still maining Sheik, I'm just learning the basics with him still.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I'm on if anyone is up for some matches. I'll be doing MK every other fight.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Pretty good. Started using the old tap-jump off name I used to use years back. Makes things a lot easier.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Interesting! I use wii-chuck combo with tap jump on and shake smash off, and directionals remapped to smash-keys, and "1" (up taunt) remapped to grab.

OH!! I had a question for all you crazy kids.

WTF with item DACUS or whatever. I know there's an official name but I'm too lazy to investigate, but basically if the character has an item in hand, they're able to do something that makes them act just like they were doing a DACUS. I ask b/c if you have an item in hand and do a regular DACUS, instead of DACUS'ing you just ... throw the item up in the air. What is this awesome AT that I have yet to learn, and how do I do it!?!?

PS: I will -not- be on tonight >< Sorry, folks, just remembered I have to be at work at like 1am so I'm gonna be in bed until 12 or so. Tomorrow I'm off tho, so should be on tomorrow night fo sho.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
It's called Glide Toss. I don't personally do anything involving DACUS since it's too much work for a longer U-Smash. There's probably some guides for it on Youtube.

himemiya

Smash Lord
Interesting! I use wii-chuck combo with tap jump on and shake smash off, and directionals remapped to smash-keys, and "1" (up taunt) remapped to grab.

OH!! I had a question for all you crazy kids.

WTF with item DACUS or whatever. I know there's an official name but I'm too lazy to investigate, but basically if the character has an item in hand, they're able to do something that makes them act just like they were doing a DACUS. I ask b/c if you have an item in hand and do a regular DACUS, instead of DACUS'ing you just ... throw the item up in the air. What is this awesome AT that I have yet to learn, and how do I do it!?!?

PS: I will -not- be on tonight >< Sorry, folks, just remembered I have to be at work at like 1am so I'm gonna be in bed until 12 or so. Tomorrow I'm off tho, so should be on tomorrow night fo sho.
Its called gilde toss, when you about to press the shield button then move the joy stick left/right and move the c-stick anywhere.

Oxide dacusing is an very useful move play snake, wario, or falco and you'll see why.

FIREL

Smash Ace
I use Wii-chuk and I can glide toss with most characters by using just the control stick and attack button.
-Shield
-Left/right on control stick (Roll)
-Any direction on control stick (Where you want to throw the item) + Attack (Basically a smash attack / throw) quickly after the roll...

Timing and distance will vary per character and depends on when the item was tossed...
Also... I need to lurk here more often...

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
yes you do, and you should log on at night too! :D

alas I shouldn't talk, I won't be on tonight either >< work sucks

ok! glide toss. ha. I shall have to practice this!

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I'll be on tonight. Still working on MK and all.

I'm pretty much on every single night at some point for an hour minimum, if anyone ever wants to get a match. If it's not a scheduled thing here, though, it's around 10-12 P.M EST, although there are rare occasions I start at 9.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
lol I'd say you're on more often than that. Morning noon or night if I log on it seems you are also hahaha.

I should be on tonight, finally. gonna try that darn glide toss, I have had no luck so far ><

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
GGs Suco. Have to work on the running grab. Seems like it's a bit delayed.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
ah yes. well, actually it was a matter of spacing too... it'll only land the grab within a narrow threshhold or it can be dodged...

ggs!! your MK is improved.

finally learned the glide toss :D

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
GGs Hime last night. Sorry for the late reply. Expected from the get-go I'd have problems as MK against you since you seem to know everything about him.

Halberd is usually fine but it can go haywire really badly. I just use it because of the song, though.

himemiya

Smash Lord
Well I just seem to do well with mk mu as gnw/mk (3-stocking you was proof enough). Tips down-b be mostly used for infinite dimensional cape or recovery and if you're out of jumps and you're gonna revover sideways use mach tornado to recover (shuttle looping is asking for punishment and nado can cover more distances then drill) and remember that shuttle loop is your friend (on an off ground). I don't know **** about match-ups but I did remember pikachu/fox vs metaknight mu (which is 50-50 I was like **** and started camping cause rushing to them cost me the set in some tournies).

I admit it has some good song choices but I still don't see why that stage and castle seige are allowed in tournies.

Top Bottom