• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

brawl online nightly

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Good games suco and oxide! Quick question, why not have us all go against each other at once? Just for fun though.

Edit: DOUBLE POST :mad: :mad:
I should really check before I post
It just depends on my mood. If I want to FFA I just start attacking both people, lol. If I want to 1v1 I SD out if I lose. in a 3v3 that's ideal for making 1v1 (kinda like you're taking turns at an arcade machine). In a 4v4 there's pretty much no point to 1v1 so I go FFA but I prefer TB for 4 players.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
If Hime is still looking for team battles, we could do some if everyone has the time. It would be interesting.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Yes I agree, we can do that!! We need 2 more ppl and someone else host cause I hate setting up TB I always get it wrong ><

himemiya

Smash Lord
I can host and oxide is the first to mention this soo he in,2v2 need 1 more. Also once we find someone else we need to plan a time to do this. Also if someone leave we rotate 1v1 winner stays and no 3v3 gay ****.

Cr5_01

Smash Apprentice
I may be on later tonight. If I'm on then I can join doubles if your short a person.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
That's fine. I'll go with whatever color CR uses, because I don't really care too much for that.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
GGs Sucumbio. You have to dodge a lot with Ganon to get in,

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
GGs everyone. Sorry if I was a bit finicky, I'm not used to TB attack on.

Speaking of which, why is team attack supposed to be on? I don't see any positive effects from it, besides the Ness/Lucas shield (and without communication, it's winning the lottery if you get someone else with a good energy attack).

Cr5_01

Smash Apprentice
GGs, so much snake :laugh: , was team attack on? I thought I saw charge shot go past me once

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
That was once when everyone DC'd and re-entered. I think that's also why Hime was suiciding after noticing it.

Cr5_01

Smash Apprentice
Oh...I was wondering why it didn't hit me. I don't really play doubles but when I do I play with team attack on.But that must have been the only time I noticed it was off, so yea the rest of the matches probably had it on.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
blimey, Im'm getting some mad lag on my end. my bad(though that first stock was just me being a dumbass,haha).

EDIT: I fought my first MK online today! :D.....I have no idea how the hellyou approach one as Lucario(though I got a kill off an attempted edgeguard with DT,yay me!...still lost,tho.)

himemiya

Smash Lord
Gg everyone lets 1v1/2v2 more often.

Oxide team attack being on is an competitive thing (taks moar skillz) and ta is a rule in dubs tournies and you guys should know I'm not an casual.

Also vaati you never fought an mk before?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
lol that's right miya you are hard core ;)

we could get really good at TB too bad you live in WA ><

I am used to playing w/ta off b/c that's what it is in w/a mode, but she's right it's 'on' in tournament rule set just gotta get used to your partner. There was one team I fought from gamefaqs when the game was still fairly new, they even had their taunts coordinated (great mario and falco combination) so one would taunt "and with this..." and the other would taunt "it's ... over" timed just so the GAME would flash just as it was ... well over. haha game over. very clever.

but yeah I'd like to do tb again I am hoping to be on tonight actually

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
It's too bad I never really had the patience to look for a tourney, otherwise I'd be a lot more understanding of this. At least now I know that it requires coordination rather than locking on to someone the whole match. I'm not used to a cautious playstyle. Looking back on all of this, it makes me surprised I can even go toe to toe against tourney players in the first place.

I'll be on tonight, too. If we're doing singles, I'll be working on Ness.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
To be fair, that's nigh impossible against your MK.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
nah, miya uses c-stick too much :p

brawl definitely favors defensive playstyle, and I definitely prefer tb which is why I tend to get slaughtered in 1v1. in tb I'm more of the "point-man." I like to rush in and attack while my partner is covering my approach, but if ta is 'on' well heh, it's a little more tricky.

should be on in about 2-3 hours

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I'm on if anyone is up for some matches. I'll be using a few new characters.

Notify me if you're on. The room is up, but I'll be watching videos until someone shows up.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
GGs Sucumbio. I don't know if you noticed, but I am horrible at doing loop arrows.

Top Bottom