• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online Money-Matches.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
Who thinks we should have online Brawl money matches using Wii points?
(Not a tournament)
Not that I care about this topic.
I just want to know what you guys think on this..

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
That would be pretty tight, except that people wouldn't pay up. When you're at a tourny and you don't pay up when you loose, everyone looks down on you. Theres less pressure on the internet. I guess it would hurt your reputation if you didn't pay after you lost.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
That would be pretty tight, except that people wouldn't pay up. When you're at a tourny and you don't pay up when you loose, everyone looks down on you. Theres less pressure on the internet. I guess it would hurt your reputation if you didn't pay after you lost.
No not a tournament.
Just a room where you have money matches.
But I see your point.

Slasherx

Smash Ace
But won't people just run away
and steal moneys when there is a fight between 2 guys?
Blah at least is better then basic.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
But won't people just run away
and steal moneys when there is a fight between 2 guys?
Blah at least is better then basic.
lol I mean give up the Wii point when they lose. 7-7
But I think people wouldn't give up the Wii point because of the lags on wi-fi.

Slasherx

Smash Ace
Lol I would and use Mk and run.
but people would disconect when they lose.
Wii points are so precious.

Alzi

Smash Master
You would need trusty people first. When it comes down to money alot of people are greedy in that area.

HylianBoy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. Only if you know them well and don't care enough for the points.
Yeah, it can work. But people might have already done that.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
This is the worst idea I've ever heard of, I'm not even joking.
Give reason.
Don't just topic-bash and go.
Remember, I want to know what you guys think, and I can't if guys come out of no where, and say "This is the worst idea I've ever heard of", without giveing a reason.
Not that I'm saying it's a good idea but, I want to know why you like it, and dislike it.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
This would work if you paid up first. Like, commit 10 wii points to play, then the winner takes all kinda thing. If you wait until after the match and then expect the losers to pay, yeah, that won't happen. You'd need some kind of setup online where you commit your wii points ahead of time, then after the match, declare a winner, and then the points are xferred to their account. You'd also need Nintendo to sanction such an event logistically speaking. And their whole "Fun" thing would make playing for money or even wii points unlikely.

As for the Lag excuse, well, that's a given. You wouldn't go into the match expecting different. As a daily online brawler I've learned to use the lag to my advantage >< I've also learned several tactics which render a victory given a 2 minute match with Items in any stage.

If you were to also change that up, and make it more competitive, with stock matches and Items off, etc... you'd attract more players, but they'd still have to be used to online lag in order to have a real chance against people that are used to it.

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
There is lag, and it's online so no one will actually pay up.
People can not pay offline too, and don't assume everyone is a ****.

I'm neutral on this but I don't really like the idea of waggering money online or offline.

Top Bottom