• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online is horrible... just... horrible...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Why? Why did they make it so bad? It's like the stage creator, if you're going to implement something, make it right!

Maybe it's just me, but every online match I've played has been ranked as a 2 minute time match, with some other player selecting whether items are used (and what items) as well as what stage is played. Not once have those things been my choice.

The only two options are Basic Brawl and Team Battle... wow... what if we don't want to have a Basic Brawl or a Team Battle? And what if we want to have a Basic Brawl with three people and no CPUs, or two people and no CPUs? Or what if we want to have a Stock match or a Coin match? Or what if we want to play without any items for once?

I don't mind the occasional match with items, but I'm a straight up player, and for me, items ruin the game. I prefer to fight people face-to-face in Final Destination, no items, no BS. But no, people pick the Temple, and Ness' huge new world because they have their strategies that they can use to guarantee a win in those worlds. What's the point of a two minute match in a map the size of the Temple? Useless.

Maybe playing with 'friends' allows more customizable options, but I'd rather not fight the same people I know over and over again. I want to have good, fair fights with new people; but that isn't at all possible with the terrible system currently being used.

Finally, the less important matter is the wait time between fights. They think that just because you have a sandbag to beat up on to pass the time they can get away with having a 70 second wait period that resets back to 70 whenever another player joins the fight. It's ridiculous and completely unnecessary. And the lag... again, it might just be my connection, but I assume almost everyone gets that god-awful lag in every fight, where it sometimes can take 10 seconds for 1 second to pass in-game.

They might as well have scrapped the online system for what it's worth. Make it right or don't make it at all. I'm interested in what other people have to say about this. Any serious Brawler should be just as ticked off as me, but maybe people have adapted to it... somehow...

Super Shadow Brawler 99

Smash Apprentice
I agree with what your talking about. I also wonder if the lag causes you to lose connection too. It happened to me a couple of times, but the lag issue itself is a real pain. I wouldn't keep having a Basic Brawl ''With Anyone'' if it bothers you that much. How about getting some Friend Codes, that way you know who the people are you playing with all the time with less lag. I am trying to fill up my roaster so I will always have a couple of matches, but that's just me. You just do what you want because I can't tell you what to do. Btw, welcome to the site.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Btw, welcome to the site.
Thank you :)

I'm definitely considering trying the friend thing. I don't know who I would add though, since I just got WiFi connected a few days ago. I've been on XBox Live for quite some time and the system for finding and adding friends on there seems to work better than the Wii's system, from what I've seen.

Anyways, I guess I should start by figuring out what my friend code is :dizzy:

tmntrules2003

Smash Cadet
i totally understand where your comin from cause my game doesnt lag but my controllers lag alot and i realy dont like the fact that i have to use items in every brawl and the fact that its a two minute smash fest which means don't die and run-around like a chicken with it's head cutoff trying not to die no strategy at all especially on larger levels. But there's nothing we can really do about it which is the worst part unless you get friend codes from a bunch of people you really don't know and even if you do they have to be on at the same time there's no randomocity in it. (i dont know if randomocity is a word but it should be).

upwndbykaiibi

Smash Apprentice
A Secret fortress where bob da builder shall never
Your right! Wifi is still good I just try and accept it. they should've put more options in brawl online not just basic brawl and team battle. T.T Also if you don't have all four people to brawl with, it mostly comes out as CPU's. It's really annoying. So you do have a point, nice thread.^^

Super Shadow Brawler 99

Smash Apprentice
Thank you :)

I'm definitely considering trying the friend thing. I don't know who I would add though, since I just got WiFi connected a few days ago. I've been on XBox Live for quite some time and the system for finding and adding friends on there seems to work better than the Wii's system, from what I've seen.

Anyways, I guess I should start by figuring out what my friend code is :dizzy:
If I remember, you have to go on Wi-Fi first, then go to your friend roaster where it should tell you what your code is. Hey maybe you can add me on your roaster, if you want to. I have no problem looking for new people to meet, whatever you decide I am fine with it.

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
Wi-Fi in Brawl is O.K. to me, I think it is nice to face players from around the world. Also, you're right about reasons on why Wi-Fi in Brawl is sometimes a pain with the lag, items, waiting times, CPUs, etc. I really think that Brawl should have more online modes, and getting matches on With Anyone should be better and much easier too. Mostly Wi-Fi With Anyone I get not even a single person in a day. Overall Wi-Fi in Brawl to me is still pretty awesome ;) .

Ademo

Smash Apprentice
The CPU-thingy bothers me too.
Online = Fight against people not CPUs.

Paingel

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don't see why we can't have 1v1s in With Anyone. It's not like playing FFAs really means anything in the long run. I mean it's okay, but still...

Yeah, I agree with the CPU thing. I guess I can understand if they drop out mid-match and the programmers felt it was easier to replace the player with a CPU instead of ejecting the character from the game. But from the start of the match? Geeze. If you can only find 2 or 3 people to play, just go with 2 or 3 people. You don't NEED 4 players to play Brawl.

Mumble

Smash Apprentice
Ahh so many threads ragging on Wifi! :(
Well, they should. :)
Sooooo, I'm just gonna have to agree again, it's not good really. Unless you want to practice with someone you know. Like ATs or whatever.
I'm not sure though, I really do hope theres some sort of improvement in the future.
Somehow.
:p

§leepy God

Smash Master
Why? Why did they make it so bad? It's like the stage creator, if you're going to implement something, make it right!

Funny, everytime people state the obvious, it's always a random rant of the same thing that's been said over a thousand... scratch that a million times. Before you post a thread that has little to no meaning, why don't you search next time because there are threads like this last year ago. Unless you just got Brawl and wanted to post this, or you just want to higher your post count. :p

Totally agree...heh, just Nintendo for ya!
You forget games like Mario Strikers Charged, Mario Kart Wii, and Animal Crossing City Folks since those are the games that has well done online play. Brawl's online isn't bad, it's just that too many people complain about 2min Basic Brawl, no voice chat, or random lag because of a poor router.

Ahh so many threads ragging on Wifi! :(
Well, they should. :)
Sooooo, I'm just gonna have to agree again, it's not good really. Unless you want to practice with someone you know. Like ATs or whatever.
I'm not sure though, I really do hope theres some sort of improvement in the future.
Somehow.
:p
You mean too many ragging Wifi threads. :p

There are number of online tourneys you can try if people can't go to offline Brawl tourney's because they lack transportation. When the next Smash come's out or so, I guess they will focus on the online more since Sakurai had stated that online connection wasn't going to be so good to begin with when Brawl was done.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
This has all been discussed before, no reason to do so again. Online's options are limited and bad, we know.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Go to AiB if you want to get friend codes.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I haven't had a laggy match in months. And I play With Anyone a lot.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Before you post a thread that has little to no meaning, why don't you search next time because there are threads like this last year ago. Unless you just got Brawl and wanted to post this, or you just want to higher your post count.
Lol, this is my third post I am making right now. What's even the point in posting just to increase post count? It's a forum, it's not like I'm going to win anything, and I don't plan on posting many more threads anyways, just wanted to blow off some steam in a place where I would get some feedback.

This has all been discussed before, no reason to do so again.
Obviously not by everyone here, including myself. Anyone who doesn't want to discuss it again can ignore the thread.

Hey maybe you can add me on your roaster, if you want to. I have no problem looking for new people to meet, whatever you decide I am fine with it.
Yah sure, it's a start I guess. I'll find my friend code and post it here in a bit, so anyone who wants to play me sometime can add me.

Paingel

Smash Apprentice
What's even the point in posting just to increase post count?
Post Count is used to measure how valid your point is.

Also, some people like to think of Post Count as some sort of Power Level. (Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his Post Count? IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!)

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
Yeah, great. However, my question is that why threads like this are still being made. Like The Sleepy One stated, your pointing out the obvious. Brawl has been out for more than a year and everyone knows this already. Just accept the wifi section as it is, because it's better than nothing.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
@Paingel

Post Count is used to measure how valid your point is.
Just because someone has 1000 posts on one particular forum, does that make them more intelligent and more informed on the subject than I am? That is a very shallow view of things.

@UltraNOVA

Yeah, great. However, my question is that why threads like this are still being made.
If you have a problem with it, ignore this thread and let people who don't have a problem talk about it. You say I'm pointing out the obvious and some people say I'm doing this to increase my post count. Your post points out three obvious things and is just a repetition of several other posts in this thread. Hypocritical don't you think?

This is why I can't stand serious forums with serious forumers. People with high post counts think that they are the authority because they are regulars, and they think that anyone who's new to the forum must be new to forums in general. Your arrogance is pathetic, get over it.

This has gotten too far off topic, I'm done with this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom