• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online General Discussion/ Social/ Thing

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
December, yo.

I got Pichi with me on this one.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Wtf? It showed that I was on a new pave earlier.......

Is messages being removed in earlier pages or what?

Pave. Lol

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Them post moves.. I don't get it. I checked back a few pages; it goes back more than you'd think.
I would keep looking but the scrollwheel on my mouse is acting up....

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
This thread is officially haunted now.

(It's expected tho, given how dead this place has been :skull:)

2spooky.gif

Halloween is coming

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Haven't been on in a while, so apologies. But....

HAPPY late BIRTHDAY @ KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms !
HAPPY
late BIRTHDAY @ N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 !
Thank you very much man, the thought that you wrote it counts as a non-late birthday comment.

We should brawl sometime man, I remember I brawled with you and Xadrin a while back. Those were fun games.

@ Matsushi Matsushi Thank you miss, double birthday comments are the best. c:

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Over a week later and I'm still getting Happy Birthday wishes. :p Thanks again!

Oh, and Halloween is indeed coming. (FAVORITE HOLIDAY HECK YEAH!)

So I guess it's a close enough time for me to use this now:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Thank you very much man, the thought that you wrote it counts as a non-late birthday comment.

We should brawl sometime man, I remember I brawled with you and Xadrin a while back. Those were fun games.

@ Matsushi Matsushi Thank you miss, double birthday comments are the best. c:
Yeah, those were some fun games! Although I'm not really that good, haha. I was just having a good Brawl day. :awesome:
Over a week later and I'm still getting Happy Birthday wishes. :p Thanks again!

Oh, and Halloween is indeed coming. (FAVORITE HOLIDAY HECK YEAH!)

So I guess it's a close enough time for me to use this now:

That was the best animated Halloween movie EVER. I think I'm going to watch that this year, now. Its been a while since I've seen it.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Yeah, those were some fun games! Although I'm not really that good, haha. I was just having a good Brawl day. :awesome:

That was the best animated Halloween movie EVER. I think I'm going to watch that this year, now. Its been a while since I've seen it.
Indeed they were, I didn't get to show you my Link. Next time you will, Xadrin told me to relax and take things slow when I brawl with you guys (and specially you). Ha ha, I took things slow for you ;P

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Indeed they were, I didn't get to show you my Link. Next time you will, Xadrin told me to relax and take things slow when I brawl with you guys (and specially you). Ha ha, I took things slow for you ;P
Well, I'm a slow person. :laugh:

I've heard good things about your Link. I've also seen some of your matches on YouTube.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Well, I'm a slow person. :laugh:

I've heard good things about your Link. I've also seen some of your matches on YouTube.
Ha ha, I'm the opposite ;P

Oh, well thank you for the people that enjoy a different type of Link. Uh, the matches on YouTube are laggy and not that impressive, I use to main Yoshi, so I know how to disable his abilities to do stuff.

I have footage of doing obscene things to Kirby above all characters (-3 for Link), so far, every Kirby main has failed to prove in my eyes that the mu is in Kirby's favor.

Then there's another of me verses a D3 (King Dedede) you might of heard of him and his,YouTube channel?

I have plans for my Low Tier (giggles) Link. My Ike is another, Brawl players may be done changing characters, but I sure am not, there is still so much to do in Brawl, the game's full potential to everything isn't finished at all.

And I will still not be able to show everything of WiFi, but it's enough to prove Link is beyond amazing. I guess I'll upload a match with a CPU sometime and show exactly how my Link plays Offline, it's a thing of beauty he he.

Though some character's specifics have shown to their full potential, but there is still more characters to be discovered.

Anyway, this place was enjoying Halloween (Idk why); I prefer Santa Clause bringing me presents at night when I'm tucked into my bed by my parents at night, and waking up to all the presents under the tree. *used by every Christmas movie*

But yes, Halloween is great to take candy from kids of course.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Ha ha, I'm the opposite ;P

Oh, well thank you for the people that enjoy a different type of Link. Uh, the matches on YouTube are laggy and not that impressive, I use to main Yoshi, so I know how to disable his abilities to do stuff.

I have footage of doing obscene things to Kirby above all characters (-3 for Link), so far, every Kirby main has failed to prove in my eyes that the mu is in Kirby's favor.

Then there's another of me verses a D3 (King Dedede) you might of heard of him and his,YouTube channel?

I have plans for my Low Tier (giggles) Link. My Ike is another, Brawl players may be done changing characters, but I sure am not, there is still so much to do in Brawl, the game's full potential to everything isn't finished at all.

And I will still not be able to show everything of WiFi, but it's enough to prove Link is beyond amazing. I guess I'll upload a match with a CPU sometime and show exactly how my Link plays Offline, it's a thing of beauty he he.

Though some character's specifics have shown to their full potential, but there is still more characters to be discovered.

Anyway, this place was enjoying Halloween (Idk why); I prefer Santa Clause bringing me presents at night when I'm tucked into my bed by my parents at night, and waking up to all the presents under the tree. *used by every Christmas movie*

But yes, Halloween is great to take candy from kids of course.
No, I haven't heard of this person's YouTube channel. Someone was just telling me how good your Link was, and linked me a video. I didn't really pay attention to the channel name haha.

Have you been to any tourneys? I bet you could push Link's metagame at least a little bit. But with Smash 4 coming out (worldwide, I mean) it might not be worth it.

Of course you can't show everything off on Wi-Fi. It's Brawl's Wi-Fi. It's just impossible, haha. Although I hear Smash 4's is much better. I'm guessing you must be excited about the buffs to Link?

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
No, I haven't heard of this person's YouTube channel. Someone was just telling me how good your Link was, and linked me a video. I didn't really pay attention to the channel name haha.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V59nveIsiBM

Heres a video of my Kirby vs his Ike and Link. Neither of us were playing as best as we could, both of us kept messing up DI, sheilds, etc. But if you want to see his link vs a good Kirby this is the best video lol.

Edit: lol I just rewatched it, half the stuff I was doing i was going "wtf was i thinking?" ha ha.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Wow, nice gameplay. You both looked fine to me.

Oh, and I didn't recognize you for a second, until I saw "aka Gohan". You used to come around here a bit.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜

Have you been to any tourneys? I bet you could push Link's metagame at least a little bit. But with Smash 4 coming out (worldwide, I mean) it might not be worth it.

Of course you can't show everything off on Wi-Fi. It's Brawl's Wi-Fi. It's just impossible, haha. Although I hear Smash 4's is much better. I'm guessing you must be excited about the buffs to Link?
I could and have changed Link's game-play, and going to tourneys I will try, It never works out, I'm always busy, only night time I'm not really (and I take advance to play for a very ling time) rinse and repeat.

Smash4 is iffy, Link looks too basic (no detail).

Ah, well, yes, ... wasn't excepting for him to mention that at all. The matches were nothing, I had beyond better moments, unfortunately he didn't have his hacks at that time, but I do now, now, I can save ANY match I please to (which is all of course).

And winning a Kirby in general with Link is like shooting a Bull's eyes with you being blind folded.

But it's too good to see people aren't seeing this as a big deal (mission complete) other Links would sink without a shadow of a doubt.

Anyway, I have a set between this Aib Kirby guy (had no name), so I'll either send it off to Phatom or Hyper (they have textures and I don't). Thanks for the support man, and Brawl wont die as long as people like me keep it alive with entertaining matches (which is coming very soon).

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜

I could change and I have changed Link's game-play, tourneys, I'm always busy in morning (which is when tourneys start), night time I would, but once I get there, it's morning, so I have no way to go to a tourney unless something of a miracle happens.

Smash4 Link is iffy, he looks too basic no unique play whatsoever and no buffs only the Dash Attack kills and that's it, (no more details).

Yes, um, yes, uh, okay, I didn't except for him to uncover who the names were. The matches were basic and boring, I had way better TAS moments than that, but unfortunately, he didn't carry his hacks that day.

I can now record stuff, so, I have a set between this Aib Kirby (never saw or knew name), but the matches are me making the mu strictly in Link's favor. I'll let Phatom or Hyper upload them (they have textures I don't anymore) (long story).

And winning any Kirby (even a level 9 CPU) Is difficult for many Links, and winning against a Kirby played by a human is like trying to make a Tank float in the water (nearly impossible), but, I find ways to change that, how do I do it? I honestly don't know ha ha, I just experiment and everything else comes from my Melee culture after that.

And if I may ask, who was the person (leave blank if you don't want to tell, it's fine really). But which video was it anyway, was it AirJay vs COH (Me)?

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I could change and I have changed Link's game-play, tourneys, I'm always busy in morning (which is when tourneys start), night time I would, but once I get there, it's morning, so I have no way to go to a tourney unless something of a miracle happens.

Smash4 Link is iffy, he looks too basic no unique play whatsoever and no buffs only the Dash Attack kills and that's it, (no more details).

Yes, um, yes, uh, okay, I didn't except for him to uncover who the names were. The matches were basic and boring, I had way better TAS moments than that, but unfortunately, he didn't carry his hacks that day.

I can now record stuff, so, I have a set between this Aib Kirby (never saw or knew name), but the matches are me making the mu strictly in Link's favor. I'll let Phatom or Hyper upload them (they have textures I don't anymore) (long story).

And winning any Kirby (even a level 9 CPU) Is difficult for many Links, and winning against a Kirby played by a human is like trying to make a Tank float in the water (nearly impossible), but, I find ways to change that, how do I do it? I honestly don't know ha ha, I just experiment and everything else comes from my Melee culture after that.

And if I may ask, who was the person (leave blank if you don't want to tell, it's fine really). But which video was it anyway, was it AirJay vs COH (Me)?
Oh, that's a bummer. Maybe you'll find time to do tourneys some other time?

I think Smash 4 Link looks solid. Powerful dash attack, and his dair spikes (or maybe just meteors?) in the first few frames. I also hear his fair now auto cancels (not sure if it did already; not really a Link player) and that he seems a bit faster. I don't use Link much though, so I could be wrong on all of this.

It was just an anonymous friend. I don't really remember who was in the video. Sorry. :c

I have to go now. Nice talking to you! Good luck with that Link play!

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Oh, that's a bummer. Maybe you'll find time to do tourneys some other time?

I think Smash 4 Link looks solid. Powerful dash attack, and his dair spikes (or maybe just meteors?) in the first few frames. I also hear his fair now auto cancels (not sure if it did already; not really a Link player) and that he seems a bit faster. I don't use Link much though, so I could be wrong on all of this.

It was just an anonymous friend. I don't really remember who was in the video. Sorry. :c

I have to go now. Nice talking to you! Good luck with that Link play!
Hmm, okay, thanks for the chat, Smash4 is Brawl 2.0 but with new characters (which is how every new game is).

That doesn't even make sense xD He's down airing straight down, the foe must fly up, Nintendo with too much fiction. In my opinion, I just make Link fast in brawl (which he's not suppose to). I tired Smash4, it's too centered, meaning there isn't much to play around with, the game is developed too cleanly (for casuals mostly). Which is fine, but the game doesn't fit my taste.

64, Melee, Brawl, and SF are my games for fighting. Maybe MK 10 who knows.

Last edited:

Planet God Venus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyugaVII
Hmm, okay, thanks for the chat, Smash4 is Brawl 2.0 but with new characters (which is how every new game is).

That doesn't even make sense xD He's down airing straight down, the foe must fly up, Nintendo with too much fiction. In my opinion, I just make Link fast in brawl (which he's not suppose to). I tired Smash4, it's too centered, meaning there isn't much to play around with, the game is developed too cleanly (for casuals mostly). Which is fine, but the game doesn't fit my taste.

64, Melee, Brawl, and SF are my games for fighting. Maybe MK 10 who knows.

Planet God Venus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyugaVII
I played the game, have you? The game is a BRAWL 2.0

What I'm ranting about is this:

Yes, the game is a little faster (not even close to Melee people make me lmao towards that).

Too much effects and nonsense, pretty much every advanced moved especially made for that certain (for unique different type of play), is gone.

Better WiFi? I've read from others it's still iffy, more characters (and Brawl came out with more characters and the game still didn't hold value to a variety of different type of game-ers).

And it will happen as well, many will stay with Brawl, many will STILL stay with Melee, many will STILL stay with 64, and some will move to Smash4.

Okay, that's enough stuff, I just woke up and my mind isn't* focused to rant about a game that doesn't fit my taste.

However, all best to many that will play it, and maybe someone will impress me but at this moment, no.

who gives a **** lmfao

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Wahahah, Warchamp is changing it so if posts are liked they don't fill up your notifications anymore. TAKE THAT EVERY PERSON ON THIS THREAD EVER!
But....can't you just turn off like notifications in the settings?
Poor Metal haha TAKE THAT!

EDIT: Wow, posting at the same time as Metal, in a post mentioning Metal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom