• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Brawl Modes Thread ::.

Sariku

Smash Master
BRAWL MODES!! WOOO!!

Anyways, We all know about Brawl, and today, if my idea is correct, it will show a new Game mode.

But what about you? What gamemodes do you want? Post them here, and I'll post mine.

- Single Player Mode
- Classic
- Adventure
- Brawl
- Brawl Mode would be you and your choosen Computer Team Mate takes on different Teams of Computer Select characters. You can get Coins, if they do that, for your scores. There could also be a high score list somewhere in the game, shoing your team, your scores, and your oppoments.

- Multiplayer Mode
- Melee
- Special
- Photo
- Wireless Mode.
- Like how the DS can connect and play games or pictochat with others within a certain range of it, you can do this for a Lan Connection without the need of cords or an internet connection.
- Options

- Online Mode
- Single Online
- Play online against a single oppoment.
- Multiplayer Online
- You can play 4 player matches, you verses three other people in this mode.
- Team Online
- You and your friend on the same Wii playing against another Team of Two from someone else in this mode.
- Friend Code Online -
- Use a friend or friends friend code to battle them online.
- Ranking Online
- You can be ranked online on a list of players connected. It shows your Wii NickName, or Smash Name, if they do that. Your Character, your wins, your losses, and other random info. You can also make specific chalenges.

Thats all I got so far.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
There's already threads about this. Either start using the search feature or stop breathing. I don't care which.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
The mode I've been envisionalizing ever since Melee was something I called "Ditto Mode".

In it, quite simply, you would start the match as a completely random character selection. Every time you come back from getting knocked off-screen, you would get a new randomly selected character. I always liked this idea, since whenever I play Melee, I tend to spread the love around to all of the characters, in favor of having one "main", as I think it shows more experience knowing how to utilize everyone properly.

This could, of course, also be accomplished with Ditto as a character, in case only one or two people would want to play this way.

Aside from this, I of course want to see the return of Classic, Adventure, and basic VS. All of the modes in Melee seemed rather pointless and tacked-on, so if they go all-out with that again, I hope they make some more clever modes to play with.

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
Fanew thats actually a rly good idea >_<

Another mode i tough of was HTF , hold the flag

Hakuri

Smash Rookie
For Brawl, special modes should be more customisable. For instance, instead of every character being metal when you select Metal Mode, you should be able to select which character is metal, and combine it with other modes like Giant Mode. You could set up great handicap matches this way.

crazyq42

Smash Rookie
I was thinking of that level ranking thing too. It's a great idea to rank the player on a level and we should have to tell or main just for reference.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
true that.
anyhoot, Metal Brawl FTW.

~Tera253~
That sure would be fun:laugh: also I hope that they make game modes much more customizable which would make them much more enjoable imo:)

Well, so much for a new Brawl mode.
I'm sure well probably see anew game mode by the end of this week in seeing that we have seen most of the rest like stages, items, and characters.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Damage Mode - Players accumulate damage as usual but they fly as if they only had 0 % damage. The winning player is either the one to deal out a given percentage of hurt on the others or the one to have dealt the most damage after a time limit has expired.

Reactions? Problems I've overlooked? Let me know.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@hellsoldierx15 they are going to update sunday night because that is monday for japan. on the other hand, they are not going to update friday night, being saturday in japan

Legolastom

Smash Hero
They should have an online capture the base games in a massive arena where the two teams (consisting of 4 players each) have to capture lots of little bases around the stage and the team with the most at the end of the time limit are the winners.

The teams should have like two people defending their bases and the other 2 attacking or something like that.

Doubt this idea would happen seeinbg as its a four player game -.-

Legolastom

Smash Hero
yhea it would be... and coming from my previous idea it would be cool if they had an 8 online mode in these sort of Hyrule temple (or even bigger!) sized arenas.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
what a friend of mine and myself were thinking...was about revamping the adventure mode. Yeah, we know that he alreadysaid that they will dedicate a lot to improve this section... but we were having some ideas for it.

Melee was paractically a very good vs game mode, with a VERY boring single player mode.

The main concept of adventure mode is ok... but it needs to be more energized and difficult, but funny.

We were thinking about being cooperative,, yeah 2 players advancing in a side scrolling stage.
The concept would be something very crazy, Metal Slug style, with bunch of enemies coming at you, with difficult maps which need precize maneuvering , with items and power ups of course, and in the end, a very tough boss to clear the stage. there could be also stage a la ice climbers, where the players go down or up. I was even thinking that it could be played online, to have different screens but both players in the same map. This could be funny in maps where they need to roam teh stage in various places, instead of the stage advancing itself without options to go back.

You can add a lot of possibilities to this,even a good story to make Brwal and at the same time, it mantains the original style of the adventure mode.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey what about those other events like home run contest and target test will they add more like that or will they just improve on those ones?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@hydde
i was thinking the same thing!
coop in, say, a metroid stage and you go deeper and deeper into zebes untill...boss battle with kraid!
the online thing would be hard unless you could drop in or out whenever you wanted to, but maybe a super tough mode for four players!

metal slug rocks...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea and if they do that with all (or at least most) characters then that would be brilliant (Like you have to fly up to the clouds *** pit and face Medusa at the end and with link you could go deep into say a ruined Hyrule castle and face Zelda then ganondorf a la twilight princess).

Sariku

Smash Master
Thanks for making this thread sucsesful, it will be posted as a reference in the .:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::., which you can view in my sig.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Thanks sariku and if they bring back the home run mode again they should implement the wii mote that would make it much more fun.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea i always thought they should have implemented that because stamina mode could have been great (a Million Hp match?)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
But the slow mo deaths were cool maybe they could be implemented into the 1 player mode?

Top Bottom