• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Model Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace

It is the trophy model, but everything is improved in some way or another (except the face, im doing that later). Some stuff on this is remade, some is just improved, but i still need to remake the hands and improve the face, then after that its just unwrap and rig and hes ready to brawl.

EDIT: I am going to sleep now, after i finish isaac, i think i might do greyfox.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
@vile
looks good so far. count on me using it.

i just got Blender so i can make model hacks. i still have MUCH to learn, but i'm working on a custom character named Zyan. he's pretty basic, but will turn out cool. i plan to have him replace pikachu.
also, is it possible to rip models from GCN games? i want to make olimar into devil chao (sa2b) lol

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
Awesome Issac VILE ;), can we see the pic when you finish the face?
Well also count me using it.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
Forgot to ask a question, so the models I found at Garry's mod (Bowser Jr, Lyn, Waluigi etc.) are gonna be usable for the model extractor? Or do will have to make it again?

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Forgot to ask a question, so the models I found at Garry's mod (Bowser Jr, Lyn, Waluigi etc.) are gonna be usable for the model extractor? Or do will have to make it again?
Excuse me if I'm wrong but I do belevie we can use those. But I recomend using Bowser JR. From galaxy instead. Im sure that with some rigging they'll be ready, and I apologize if Im wrong.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
I don't think those'll work. GMod models are made specifically for Source SDK, rather than generic model editors, like 3DSmax, aren't they?

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Anyone who has Valve's Source SDK and 3DS Max should be able to convert GMod models into ones that can be used in the importer. The models of Lyn etc. wouldn't be needed from Garry's Mod since we can just rip them ourselves from the .PAC files in Brawl's ISO with Pharrox's exporter.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
Anyone who has Valve's Source SDK and 3DS Max should be able to convert GMod models into ones that can be used in the importer. The models of Lyn etc. wouldn't be needed from Garry's Mod since we can just rip them ourselves from the .PAC files in Brawl's ISO with Pharrox's exporter.
Cool so, Lyn, Isaac, and Waluigi added to the roster ;)
We only need the extractor ;(

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
SO let me get this right. We fix the gmod models,(convert them into a readable file by brawl), put them over w/e character were going to use(rig with the skeleton and junk), fix up the moveset, and thats it?

Smash Ace
Ok guys, next on the list to improve their trophies is Greyfox then Lin, ill try have them done by later today.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Cool so, Lyn, Isaac, and Waluigi added to the roster ;)
We only need the extractor ;(
We have the extractor :U

It's the injector that we need.

EDIT: And I'll be doing the same thing that Vile's been doing, improving and t-posing trophies. Shadow's really hard, I've given up on him.

Smash Ace
Greyfox model is ugly and has lots of flaws in the modeling, these nintendo people where extremely set on never having the game lag with best possible graphics though, everything is triangled off.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Greyfox model is ugly and has lots of flaws in the modeling, these nintendo people where extremely set on never having the game lag with best possible graphics though, everything is triangled off.
And Shadow's polygons are so messed up moving one of his hands causes his entire arm to fall apart and look nasty. Even MewTwo's model was better than this, and it was extremely hard to t-pose!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Guys, you have to remember, Sakurai never expected us to be able to close up on people as much as we can. Of course they would cut corners whenever it wouldn't be noticeable. >.>

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
Ok guys, next on the list to improve their trophies is Greyfox then Lin, ill try have them done by later today.
So all the models you are doing are for the purpose of when Pharrox releases the inector to be able to use them rigth away?

If that is the case, really nice VILE and everyone else working on them ;)

Smash Ace

Lyn was actually a really good model on its own, i still fixed al ot of stuff up though, i still need to do some stuff to her equipment, remake her hands and do something with her ponytail.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice

Lyn was actually a really good model on its own, i still fixed al ot of stuff up though, i still need to do some stuff to her equipment, remake her hands and do something with her ponytail.
VILE all of this can be used right away when the convertor is released?
Also when for example this replaces Marth, will it Marth's colors or how can you will paint Lyn's model?

Smash Ace
THese wont be able to be used straight away, i still have to unwrap and rig them.

And about the textures, when i unwrap the model, it gives a map of how the texture wraps around the model, and i will make new tga files that will be put in the characters costume file.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
THese wont be able to be used straight away, i still have to unwrap and rig them.

And about the textures, when i unwrap the model, it gives a map of how the texture wraps around the model, and i will make new tga files that will be put in the characters costume file.
And unwrapping and riggin them take a long time?

Smash Ace
Unwrapping not so much, rigging with the brawl skeletons yes. I forgot to mention i also have to texture it.

PS: I also forgot to mention Lyn has bigger boobs, thank me for that ;)

Smash Ace
Rigging is super annoying with the brawl rigs, but it depends on the character. I can get it done in 1 - 5 hours depending on the rig.

Those stages don't really catch me for some reason.

BTW if anyone wants to chat and give me suggestions, come to the IRC, im there frequently.

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
oh god. people will be making naked models. thnx for making me think that [/sarcasm]
Lol, yeah. Model hacking gives a whole new field for nude hacks. I shudder at the thought of seeing certain characters :wario: in the nude though. DX

And Vile, you finished the improved Isaac model, right? Care to show us? =D

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
A list of suggestions would become super ginormous. I mean you could pretty much sum one up with "every character from every game/anime/movie/comic/manga ever made", because that's what it would turn into eventually.

A list of who's modeling what would be good though. As long as the people claiming to be working on models show some previews of their work or are widely accepted to be working on them, of course. I'm not going to add people who are "planning" on making a model, after all.

Since I don't know who's working on what currently, just post in this thread to tell me. So far we have Mega Man being worked on by Vile, anyone else?
*Shyly raises hand* I'm working on an OC, Peppermint (Concept, costumes, and model-so-far, for my proof). And I might end up doing one of his teammates as well--Cinnamon. She makes an appearance in Peppy's final smash, so I'll be modeling her anyway. Also, Ikki and Metabee, Zuru and Roks, and Rokusho from Medabots. Roks' model is done and being unwrapped, textured, and rigged atm. No previews though, 'cause I'm too lazy to bother with positioning the camera. xD

But point is, yes, I'm working on things too! :O

I also have several stages in mind, speaking of which. Mostly relating to the aforementioned characters, with one or two others.

Smash Ace
Viquey thats really nice, but whats the poly count, it look really high.

I wouldn't go over 8000 tris with any brawl character models, EVAR! I would try keep it under 6000 myself, but if its really needed i would go up to 8000.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
*Shyly raises hand* I'm working on an OC, Peppermint (Concept, costumes, and model-so-far, for my proof). And I might end up doing one of his teammates as well--Cinnamon. She makes an appearance in Peppy's final smash, so I'll be modeling her anyway. Also, Ikki and Metabee, Zuru and Roks, and Rokusho from Medabots. Roks' model is done and being unwrapped, textured, and rigged atm. No previews though, 'cause I'm too lazy to bother with positioning the camera. xD

But point is, yes, I'm working on things too! :O

I also have several stages in mind, speaking of which. Mostly relating to the aforementioned characters, with one or two others.
Metabee and Rokusho FTW. Who will they replace.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Ho. Ly. Crap. This is amazing. Best of luck to Vile and all the other modelers, i'm really looking forward to seeing completely custom characters in Brawl.

And Vile, the first stage you create should definitely be a Smash 64 remake. Any one will do. Just sayin'.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Viquey thats really nice, but whats the poly count, it look really high.

I wouldn't go over 8000 tris with any brawl character models, EVAR! I would try keep it under 6000 myself, but if its really needed i would go up to 8000.
Thanks! :D Yeah, it's crazy high, but in that pic it's subsurfed to hell and back. 'Cause the texture's not done yet and I wanted the preview to look good. :/ I... don't remember what it is without subsurf, though. It'll change between now and completion anyway--gotta add a few, subtract a ton. Oh, and convert to tris, I think. It'll probably exceed 8000 nonetheless; he's very, very detailed. And he was my first model, so I wasn't exactly working very efficiently. :p

Kefrius said:
Metabee and Rokusho FTW. Who will they replace.
Inorite!

And Iunno yet. Hopefully by the time they're done, bone and animation hacking will be out as well. And maybe even adding character slots and the whole shebang. So hopefully they won't have to replace anyone, or at least it won't matter. But we'll see I guess.

You have any ideas, just in case? XD They're an odd height, plus needing the medafighters in the BG a la PT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom