• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Model Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Ok guys, after my hiatus im back and im on with masked man. Look around the KC blog in these next 2 weeks, you should see something that will make you happy ;)

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
It's hard to say at this point.. What's her poly count, out of curiosity?
Still, texture her first. Models always look awkward before you texture them properly.
Currently it's at 3054 triangles, which kind of suck since most brawl models are around 6000 and subdividing it once puts it at 13240. :/

Not that it's too big of a deal.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Currently it's at 3054 triangles, which kind of suck since most brawl models are around 6000 and subdividing it once puts it at 13240. :/

Not that it's too big of a deal.
Lower poly coly count is better. It's all how you use them.

Personally, I don't think you need to subdivide, as it looks smooth enough for Brawl standards.

Smash Ace
Don't be fooled, majority of models people post have been subdivided to look better. I never post mine with things to make them look better.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
I will bake a delicious pie for anybody who makes the thing that is my avatar for kirby/kirby alloy. He should be easy. NO ****. I WILL ACTUALLY BAKE A PIE. I will take a picture of it as proof (I promise there is no way you will be able to find it on any other site other than whatever site I use to host it).
Just tell me what flavor you like. :3 It has to be one I can conceivably bake during this season, though, so nothing with strawberries or rhubarb. Anything that can be found all year at a grocery store works. :D I'm good at apple pies.

Smash Ace
Ok masked man is put on hold, im making a present for all you fanboys. Think of something that everyone has wanted in brawl and it has never been on a nintendo console (well it has been on GBA, but that doesn't count). Its actually a series of 3 characters from the same game series, 2 appeared in the same game on gba.

A model with a finished mesh should be posted on KC with within 2 days.

Smash Ace
Okay i suppose i should tell you guys what just happened.

I was making the surprise, then when i went to go save... 3ds max crashed and corrupted my file.

BTW i was making Cloud Strife. I will start him ASAP, as soon as the hole in my stomach goes away :'(

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Dawwwwwwwwwwww

This is why people can't have nice things, computers are ***** and decide that this is not for the greater good.

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
Hey, guys. I just got 3DS max the other day, and I have no idea what to do to edit the already made character models into a T-pose, or any of that bone stuff. Apparently it's not as intuitive for me as it was for me to learn to photoshop (although with proper footing it probably will be).

So, my question is, if I'm trying to make a Geno (from SMRPG) model, should I edit the existing Toon Link model (and if so, how do I do that?), or should I make it from scratch and rig it (an how do I do the rigging?)

Anything involving 2-dimensional imaging is easy enough for me, since I have more than enough experience to bull**** anything I don't understand yet (or I could google it).

Thanks in advance, guys!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Okay i suppose i should tell you guys what just happened.

I was making the surprise, then when i went to go save... 3ds max crashed and corrupted my file.

BTW i was making Cloud Strife. I will start him ASAP, as soon as the hole in my stomach goes away :'(
Oh man, that SUCKS. **** like that would happen to me all the time in Computer Graphics class. I feel your pain man. :(

Also, I assume this is his model from Dissiddia, right? Well, that or KH/2.

Smash Ace
Oh man, that SUCKS. **** like that would happen to me all the time in Computer Graphics class. I feel your pain man. :(

Also, I assume this is his model from Dissiddia, right? Well, that or KH/2.
Actually no, i was making the original cloud model, i started him again and im well into it so its not that bad now. I made a backup so f this does happen again im safe.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
So the other 2 that complete the trio are?

my guess: Sephiroth and Tifa

crwys

Smash Cadet
Someone make me a good texture for link or toon link (not sure if it would work for anyone else) and I will make a good bomberman PSA, I guess I can start on it now, but a nice looking model would look great. Not really sure if this is the place to say this, sorry if it isn't.

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Hey, guys. I just got 3DS max the other day, and I have no idea what to do to edit the already made character models into a T-pose, or any of that bone stuff. Apparently it's not as intuitive for me as it was for me to learn to photoshop (although with proper footing it probably will be).

So, my question is, if I'm trying to make a Geno (from SMRPG) model, should I edit the existing Toon Link model (and if so, how do I do that?), or should I make it from scratch and rig it (an how do I do the rigging?)

Anything involving 2-dimensional imaging is easy enough for me, since I have more than enough experience to bull**** anything I don't understand yet (or I could google it).

Thanks in advance, guys!
All I have to say is that it would be better to try and make Geno from scratch instead of editing Toon Link.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I haven't kept up with this thread, but can people here edit models here from Brawl? I need to add a couple of bones to Waluigi's model

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
How has nobody asked for Blaziken (on Cpt. Falcon?) as yet? I absolutely NEED him in the game! Anyone who can do model editing, I would love you longtime for making Blaziken. I'd like to try to make him myself, so I could have full control over his moves and such, but I've never done models before, and I think jumping right into editing models for Brawl would be too big a step. I don't even know how to rip models, let alone add bones, wrap models and whatever else you master editors do. X0

If anyone does start Blaziken, though, tell me when it's ready for a moveset. I'm working on one now.

Other characters I'd like:
Darkrai over ? (with legs in falling animation only)
Deoxys over ? maybe Zelda??
Roy (sniff...) over Ike
Master Chief over Snake (already requested?)

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
If someone makes the genie from aladdin's model and animations, I'll make the moveset. :D

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
come on, nobody wants delicious pie? I will seriously bake a pie (what flavor you want?) for whoever makes the guy in my avatar. This won't be some picture of a pie from a google search, I will actually bake a pie of your choice. And take a picture, as proof. It has to be something I can conceivably bake, though. :3 so no rhubarb this time of year. Or strawberries.

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
One word: Xion. Xion. Xion. XION!

If someone were to create her model, words would not describe the awesomeness that would completely rend the spacetime continuum.

...Please? :<

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
K, sooooooo...........................................

Looks like I won't be able to make Blaziken's model. Sad face. I'd like someone to rip / create a Blaziken model, and give it bones that work in Brawl. I can do all the animations myself, but the whole "ripping and making models" concept is a bit overwhealming for me right now. I don't want to have to make the animations on a schedule by collab-ing with another person, but I also don't want to just take a model that someone took the time to make and pass off the finished product as my own. If someone does the model for me, I'll definitely give you credit (if I release it XP).

Now, how do you make textures for custom characters?

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
I will bake a delicious pie for anybody who makes the thing that is my avatar for kirby/kirby alloy. He should be easy. NO ****. I WILL ACTUALLY BAKE A PIE. I will take a picture of it as proof (I promise there is no way you will be able to find it on any other site other than whatever site I use to host it).
Just tell me what flavor you like. :3 It has to be one I can conceivably bake during this season, though, so nothing with strawberries or rhubarb. Anything that can be found all year at a grocery store works. :D I'm good at apple pies.
come on, nobody wants delicious pie? I will seriously bake a pie (what flavor you want?) for whoever makes the guy in my avatar. This won't be some picture of a pie from a google search, I will actually bake a pie of your choice. And take a picture, as proof. It has to be something I can conceivably bake, though. :3 so no rhubarb this time of year. Or strawberries.
PIE, god dammit! FREAKING PIE!!

*see earlier posts*
Let me see if I've got this straight.

You want the modders here to model, skin, and possibly animate a character that only exists in a single tiny avatar of concept art because the unfinished novel it spawns from has not been published and has not been read by anybody here.

If the modders do this, you will bake food they cannot eat and then either eat it yourself or throw it away, because pie is perishable and can't be shipped in the mail. Then you will show the modders a picture of this food they cannot eat, as if to taunt them.

And you think this is a great incentive, worthy of multiple spam posts in this already cluttered topic.

Am I correct?

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Let me see if I've got this straight.

You want the modders here to model, skin, and possibly animate a character that only exists in a single tiny avatar of concept art because the unfinished novel it spawns from has not been published and has not been read by anybody here.

If the modders do this, you will bake food they cannot eat and then either eat it yourself or throw it away, because pie is perishable and can't be shipped in the mail. Then you will show the modders a picture of this food they cannot eat, as if to taunt them.

And you think this is a great incentive, worthy of multiple spam posts in this already cluttered topic.

Am I correct?
That's what I gather too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom