• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Mod Launcher Beta!

Azure Flame

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand where the "boot.dol" goes. I put it in "SD:/" "SD:/apps" "SD:/Gecko18" "SD:/directory" but nothing changed. I have Gecko 1.9.3.1 if that matters.

Azure Flame

Smash Apprentice
So it would appear on the homebrew channel? I made a folder called brawl and stuck it in apps and stuck boot.dol in it. Nothing extra appeared on the homebrew channel.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Something extra appeared, but it doesn't have a name, as you don't have a meta.xml (or whatever it's called) file. It should be at the very end, and the name would look like a directory, like SD:/apps/brawl/boot.dol

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Something happened, you just aren't seeing it. There is an arrow on the right side of the screen, click it, and keep going until you see an app named SD:/apps/brawl/boot.dol

Azure Flame

Smash Apprentice
I know more about homebrew than you think... Its blatantly obvious there's an arrow there. I've already got quite a few apps on the channel so I periodically go through the arrows. There's nothing in the whole channel involving the boot.dol.

Azure Flame

Smash Apprentice
I know but shouldn't the current downloads work? And why does it say the boot.dol opens with Gimp...It says its an icon... and when I try to open it with Gimp it doesn't work. When clicking on properties it says its boot.dol.ico

What?

Gardevior

Smash Lord
No, the current downloads are buggy and dant dropped the project before he could fix the errors. I've never had a version of this that worked.

dniMretsaM

Smash Apprentice
OK, so I put all the files in the right place and every thing; but when I enter the app and I make a selection, nothing happens. Which thing should I be clicking on. The only thing that (kind of) works is "Launch Game", but it doesn't load any codes. (Do I need a cIOS for this? If so, which one?)

EDIT: I'm using Beta 3.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
How does this handle mu_menumain.pac?
bBrawl and Brawl- use a different mu_menumain file, but the directory for mu_menumain.pac is:

sd:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pfmenu2\

Which means it can't be separated per mod.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I would assume the Brawl+ one would be in:

sd:\private\wii\app\RSBE\bpmenu2\
Haven't tried it, though. I've been using Riivolution lately.

Top Bottom