• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Mod Launcher Beta!

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
Nooooooo I need help! I decided to turn to this mod launcher in use for Brawl-. But back when i first got it, I got a "Error no DVD" and I still have the same problem. Can anyone help me?

JC-Gamer

Smash Cadet
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth
Nooooooo I need help! I decided to turn to this mod launcher in use for Brawl-. But back when i first got it, I got a "Error no DVD" and I still have the same problem. Can anyone help me?
Are you using an original copy of Brawl or a burnt copy if you're using a burnt copy it won't work.

If you ARE using an original copy it probably means that your Wii disk drive is dying.

comboking

Smash Master
Can I set up 3 GCTs and just name them differently so I can load the one I want? Because I want to be able to play with textures and character hacks separately.

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
Are you using an original copy of Brawl or a burnt copy if you're using a burnt copy it won't work.

If you ARE using an original copy it probably means that your Wii disk drive is dying.

Dang I'm using a burned copy of it, I gave my old copy away -_-

comboking

Smash Master
So it wouldn't work. So I have to use textures and PAC files on 2 different SD cards? I don't quite know what you mean by your post. I got the yes part obviously.

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way to edit the source of it so that it uses a different gecko? I wish it didn't have to use the one gecko that doesn't run back ups.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
You can load three different codesets but you can only have 2 different sets of pac files due to only the pf and bp folder being recognized.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I may have a new Mod Launcher ready with Gecko 1.9.3, but it won't have an internal file patcher (e.g. pf->bp) like Dantarion's has. :ohwell:

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Awwww, was it something you made? Or was it one that you found among these forums?
I made it with the source of Gecko 1.9.3 from their repository. It should have these options:

-> Launch vBrawl
-----> RSBE01.gct
-> Launch Brawl+
-----> BRAWLP.gct
-> Launch bBrawl
-----> BBRAWL.gct
-> Launch Brawl-
-----> BRAWLM.gct
-> Launch Other Set
-----> OTHER.gct
-> Config Options
-> About
-> Exit

Like I said I don't have the code for memory patching that Dant has (nor do I want to bother him), but this modified Gecko OS should hold everyone over at least :ohwell: You guys will just have to modify the GCT yourself...or use Dant's program.

comboking

Smash Master
I made it with the source of Gecko 1.9.3 from their repository. It should have these options:

-> Launch vBrawl
-----> RSBE01.gct
-> Launch Brawl+
-----> BRAWLP.gct
-> Launch bBrawl
-----> BBRAWL.gct
-> Launch Brawl-
-----> BRAWLM.gct
-> Launch Other Set
-----> OTHER.gct
-> Config Options
-> About
-> Exit

Like I said I don't have the code for memory patching that Dant has (nor do I want to bother him), but this modified Gecko OS should hold everyone over at least :ohwell: You guys will just have to modify the GCT yourself...or use Dant's program.
Do you have a download link for this? Or could you send me it?

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman

-> Launch vBrawl
-----> RSBE01.gct
-> Launch Brawl+
-----> BRAWLP.gct
-> Launch bBrawl
-----> BBRAWL.gct
-> Launch Brawl-
-----> BRAWLM.gct
-> Launch Other Set
-----> OTHER.gct
-> Config Options
-> About
-> Exit

*sigh* there's always one thing keeping me from getting things to work right hah. But yes is it possible to put up a link to this? Maybe I can request a code to file patch it to a "bp" folder or something. Thank you so much for your help!

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
this is great! there is only one thing i need to know, is it

sd:/private/wii/app/RSBE/bp/fighters/(thepacsandstuff)

OR

sd:/private/wii/app/RSBE/bp/(thepacsandstuff)

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Tonight I'll have one hopefully.

And it's sd:\private\wii\app\RSBE\bp\ etc

You'll have to do the file patch stuff in the GCT yourself

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
so the folders for each char are inside /bp, NOT /fighters?

^is the above true?

i kinda need to know quick, my bro is pulling my body part off, he is real exited to play.... any answers??

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Please don't double post

It's in /bp, NOT /fighter but YOU WILL HAVE TO EDIT THE GCT YOURSELF

And I'm having a bit of trouble since the Gecko193 repository is giving me errors (their fault, not mine), even when I haven't edited anything. <_> So I'm either going to have to use Gecko192 or abandon hope.

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
what do you mean, edit it myself, i already put the gct's where the instructions said to put them, i dont understand what you are telling me to edit

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I don't have the code for memory patching that Dant has (nor do I want to bother him), but this modified Gecko OS should hold everyone over at least :ohwell: You guys will just have to modify the GCT yourself...or use Dant's program.
^

And http://blog.dantarion.com/fpcpatcher-load-brawl-texturessongs-from-another-directory/

I might as well try and ask brkirch if he has a stable source for Gecko 1.9.3, and hopefully build on top of that, if not, the mod launcher is as good as dead basically.

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
Oh haha I have that patcher already and I didn't even know =P Now I'll just wait for you Bio! i hope you can post that Mod Launcher soon! Thanks again!

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
now its actin funny, i hit launch brawl+, then it said something like

setting up drive

no codes found

launching

then when it loaded, i went to group, we picked our charecters (there was no custom CSS or preset settings)

then when we went to stage select if froze and made a buzzing noise

i got the GCT straight from the brawl+website and put it in sd:codes/BRAWLP.gct

what do i do? i just want to be able to run my vbrtawl codeset and brawl+ without redoing the sd card, plz help

thx for the help so far

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
See if there's a "st_exploit.bin" in sd:\private\wii\app\RSBE\st\ and if there is, delete it.

Be sure to rename sd:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\ (if that's where the Brawl+ PAC's are) to sd:\private\wii\app\RSBE\bp\

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
i deleted it, but same thing happens, no custom CSS, it launches and says "no codes found"

freezes on stage select

here is the contents of my sd card, i compressed it in .7z and uploaded it in case you wast to check over it and see whats wrong, uncompressed, that is whats in the root of my sd card

http://www.filedropper.com/mysd

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
If I can solve the apparently missing libraries problem on my side, I might be able to continue this after all :p

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Only difference is people may want to have their own codes for RSBE01.gct and have extras added into BRAWLP.gct (as an example)

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
You can do it Bio! And Wiiztec, you're saying you can write a code to patch the .gct to read from an alternate folder?

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
i deleted it, but same thing happens, no custom CSS, it launches and says "no codes found"

freezes on stage select

here is the contents of my sd card, i compressed it in .7z and uploaded it in case you wast to check over it and see whats wrong, uncompressed, that is whats in the root of my sd card

http://www.filedropper.com/mysd
You need Almas' level freezer code, the B+ codeset doesn't come with it for some stupid reason.
I had the exact same problem as you, so I know what was missing

Top Bottom