• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl is such a good game

stingers

Smash Obsessed
LUIGI WAS OBVIOUSLY NOT STANDING STILL WHEN THE UTILT HIT, HE TRIED TO ATTACK SNAKE WITH SOMETHING AND EXTENDED HIS HURTBOX AND FAILED

stupid

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Erm, I'm sorry, but that last snake one is just stupid. Hitboxes work exactly the same in Melee too.

People should keep in mind that hitboxes interpolate ("stretch") between the locations of the previous frame's and current frame's hitbox locations.

The hitboxes aren't perfect circles because they're a combination of two different locations, as you can see above -- the higher stretched portion is the location where the fist was the previous frame. Magus has confirmed that hitboxes work similarly in Brawl.

Not a big deal, but something to keep in mind.

SHeLL/Magus is right. Enable Debug Pause, choose Snake and ZSS (ZSS's jab comes out in one frame which makes it ideal for this sort of thing.) PSA shows Snake's up-tilt as having hitboxes in front of him during frames 6-7 and then they suddenly shift to being on top of him starting on frame 8. Make ZSS stand right in front of where Snake's up-tilt hitboxes will appear. Do Snake's up tilt, and on frame 7 input a jab with ZSS (so the jab shows up on frame 8.) You'll see that even though the screen shows the hitboxes as being above Snake, ZSS's jab will clank showing that the hitbox is still in front of Snake too.

Now, look at the actual lenght of Snake's leg and see how it connects with Luigi. In fact, without the pre-frames, its actually not a disjoint and his foot is even exposed.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol galeon

watched that vid

pretty confident you had smash DI'd that far away from it after the hit

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I believe a video exists some where in the vast abyss that is the intrawebs which showcases the hitboxes for snakes moveset.

also, I love brawl because they took my favorite character and put big boobs and a skin tight outfit on her. That's exactly what I wanted to happen to my character. I wanted her physical appearance to be appealing. Thank you sakurai. You horny devil you.
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not but if I had typed it, it would be. I hate stupid ZSS

AfroQT

Smash Master
No broken hitboxes in melee, Ganon Fair is mad legit. Jigglypuffs hitboxes had alot of time spent on them, to make sure they were working as intended.

Captain Falcon's Sweetspot knee is super ****in hard to hit, takes mad skill to land that ****.

Nice being chaingrabbed by shiek, but not really im hitting the ground and rolling away, to bad shiek can react to any option i pick and punish me (RIP LOWER TIERS IN MELEE).

Mad Nice i avoided all of jigglypuffs attacks, only to be instakilled by uthrow rest....

**** fun incoming randomd FD against marth as a spacy, fun incoming cant wait to start this ****.

Both games have problems
both games suck

new and exciting thread, how do mods not close this but they close good olivia munn threads. Idiots i say.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
ganon and jiggs are balanced

just like olivia munn's features

Falcon is manly because he takes it hard, but delivers hard with great zeal.

Always cheer for the falcon.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I remember when stingers used to waste my time with his brawl falcon. Just like hes wasting my time with this thread. :)

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Stingers is a pretty cool guy, eh says what he thinks and doesn't afraid of anything.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
No broken hitboxes in melee, Ganon Fair is mad legit. Jigglypuffs hitboxes had alot of time spent on them, to make sure they were working as intended.

Captain Falcon's Sweetspot knee is super ****in hard to hit, takes mad skill to land that ****.

Nice being chaingrabbed by shiek, but not really im hitting the ground and rolling away, to bad shiek can react to any option i pick and punish me (RIP LOWER TIERS IN MELEE).

Mad Nice i avoided all of jigglypuffs attacks, only to be instakilled by uthrow rest....

**** fun incoming randomd FD against marth as a spacy, fun incoming cant wait to start this ****.

Both games have problems
both games suck

new and exciting thread, how do mods not close this but they close good olivia munn threads. Idiots i say.
***** get out of here wit that **** melee is too good lol. quit getting madd cuz u was madd lazy.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Shiek in Melee reminds me of Chun Li in third strike. Not the top, but makes a large amount of characters non-viable. I guess you could say the same for DDD.

Top Bottom