• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl is Part of the 2010 MLG season: $60,000 in prizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I'm really interested. I was on a small hiatus but if this is something I could get involved in without throwing to much off then I am so down

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Alright guys I think I'm ignorant but I don't feel that hyped because I don't know HOW big of a deal this is.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how awesome is this? :p

Also, I kinda expected to see Melee up there, and this is coming from a Brawl player. Oh well.

edit:
The first Super Smash Bros. Brawl Online Qualifier will be for MLG Columbus, and will help players boost their seed at all live competitions. Online Qualifier registration opens on March 15, and competition begins on March 29.
Before I read the thread I saw this and went ":urg:"
This does mean that wifi play will mean something at these events, right?

Do they KNOW how bad Brawl's wifi is? :/

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
LOL^^ that won't happen

except Ken and Azen.

Isai, psshhh, you can forget about him, PC, hell no, he's taking Melee seriously again, KDJ, no, just no, and all of the rest I highly doubt they will.

joeplicate

Smash Master
This guy is 100% correct, the only Melee players who are complaining are the new guys anyway.

Good **** Brawl, honestly I hope you guys step up to the plate and make the Smash community proud.
REAL ****IN TALK! lol

i'll preface this from the melee perspective

listen people, don't come in here spoutin' **** about brawl

i hate to say this, but honestly
nobody cares how much time you spend on the melee discussion boards
nobody cares if you wear your heart on your sleeve
you're not impressing anyone

nobody will give you recognition for being a die-hard melee fanboy!! nobody's questioning your loyalty, or either game's legitimacy, here in the first place. you're making yourself look like ***** to respected members of both the brawl and melee communities.

give credit where credit is due! what's the point of all the hate when the thing closest to the game you love just got picked up by a multi-million dollar company?! what will it accomplish?!

nothing. you won't win respect for being "hardc0re mel3e till i diez LoL" from anybody, you'll heap negativity onto what is essentially the second coming of Christ for the smash community, and at worst you'll widen the rift among the community and make MLG question their decision to get back into Smash Bros in the first place.

so i don't wanna hear any of that ****!!

congratulations guys :)
this is a really good day

i'm excited to see how this will play out

edit:
i'm not mad at anybody
i just want to put my thoughts out there on how silly it is to complain, or to come in here trolling, etc

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
LOL^^ that won't happen

except Ken and Azen.

Isai, psshhh, you can forget about him, PC, hell no, he's taking Melee seriously again, KDJ, no, just no, and all of the rest I highly doubt they will.
heh, I'm quoting this for future use.

seriously, it's MLG. This could probably drag in all of them plus OOS melee players.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, all the pessimism is hilarious to watch. Just keep faith in your game and keep moving. Things will continue to work out if you want them to.

Again, good **** for you Brawl doods.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Shouldn't we be making fun of games like Street Fighter for not being on the list, instead of the age-old brawl vs. melee talk? xD

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Oh, first event in Columbus? I'm so getting in on this. I've been wanting to participate in an MLG Smash event for years. Time to train hard.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Uhhhh no. They will **** us because SF4 is much better than Brawl in almost every way possible.
???? Um, remind me why you don't like Brawl again, other than no combos. Does it have something to do with

-defensive gameplay
-easy camping tactics
etc.

Brawl and SF4 'suffer' from the same thing in a way, though I prefer defensive play so I don't mind.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I can't wait until Gimpyfish's predictions come true and a $5000 MLG match is lost because of tripping. Us Melee peeps will have a field day for months.

:laugh:
Oh god ._.

And I don't even play street fighter, I was just commenting on the fact that (A smash game) was in there while (A street fighter game) wasn't. :p

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Announcement To Mlg

I Hope You Guys Put In Items It Will Bring Some Entertainment And Skills To The Game I Will Tell U This The Tier List Would Change A **** Load So My Vote Is For Items. Who's With Me???

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Do you want a 2nd Evo to happen where we piss off another community and Smash gets banned from another major tournament organizer?

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Vote For Items

Do you want a 2nd Evo to happen where we piss off another community and Smash gets banned from another major tournament organizer?
items balance the game out stops camping and reduces the chances of being caught into a chaingrab, so mlg bring on the items the babies are still going to come to mlgs so just make items "mlg ruleset"

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I Hope You Guys Put In Items It Will Bring Some Entertainment And Skills To The Game I Will Tell U This The Tier List Would Change A **** Load So My Vote Is For Items. Who's With Me???
lol What?

Wes, are you serious? Did you forget about EVO already?

EDIT: what CRASHIC said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom