• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl is a chance for a competetive scene in my homecountry

PityLord

Smash Apprentice
I made this post cause I LOVE Super Smash Bros. The N64 and Melee version where both great and I can see Brawl is great to. When I started playing Melee I also started watching some vids on youtube and sites. I learned about tournaments, tiers and some top players like M2K, Ken, Gimpy etc.

My only bummer is that I live in POLAND!!! A god****, ignorant about Nintendos brilliance country that has only Tekken and Soul Calibur as tournaments. Sometimes Guilty Gear also. Never heard about any Smash tourney that I could participate in. It was a real pain cause I just didnt have lot of people to play with.

And on to the topic of my post. Seing as Nintendo is being more recognized here a bit, I plan to somewhat try and start a competetvie scene here with Brawl. Since no one played melee here it will be a whole new thing and there will be no one to complain about the transition. Currently im in process of finding people that will help me in this proceder. Will need to make my own Polish, Smash website, advertise as much as I can in some other polish gaming sites, find a spot to host the potentially 1st Smash tourney ever.

Since Brawl wont be comming out till June I have some time for preperations. Wish me luck in this :p.

Also one last thing. IS THERE ANY OTHER POLISH PERSON HERE ON THE BOARDS?!?!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
In Soviet Russia, Brawl plays you!

In all seriousness, best of luck. I hope Brawl does all that and more for ya.

PityLord

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the replies :). I really hope a polish user will show himself and maybe voluntear and help me out :D.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Sir, I wish you the best of luck. May you end the evil reign of non-Nintendo fighting games.

[No, I'm not being sarcastic here.]

:)

One piece of advice: Ignore any and all moaning about how Nintendo games are for little babies. :) It just gets in to pointless debating, and makes people mad.

Other than that, try not to tolerate scrubbage, and maybe ease on tournament rules.

So uh, good luck PityLord. You may want to look in the Tournament Discussion; there might be a thread there that can help you with preparation...

PityLord

Smash Apprentice
Sir, I wish you the best of luck. May you end the evil reign of non-Nintendo fighting games.

[No, I'm not being sarcastic here.]

:)

One piece of advice: Ignore any and all moaning about how Nintendo games are for little babies. :) It just gets in to pointless debating, and makes people mad.

Other than that, try not to tolerate scrubbage, and maybe ease on tournament rules.

So uh, good luck PityLord. You may want to look in the Tournament Discussion; there might be a thread there that can help you with preparation...
Thx for the advice :D. As for rules I guess I will try to experiment more with stages, smash balls and maybe some items. Since there is no base strategy since melee wasnt present, we could have a diverse metagame and tier list then america if it works out xD.

Patinator

Smash Champion
That's very true. I do, however, hope you start with the most wonky stages banned. IE, Temple, Spear Pillar, etc. Maybe have a tournament or two with Items on Medium, and only the craziest banned, slowly banning the rest. Perhaps keep Smash Balls...

But it's your tournament, so I'll stop blabbing now. :p :laugh:

PityLord

Smash Apprentice
That's very true. I do, however, hope you start with the most wonky stages banned. IE, Temple, Spear Pillar, etc. Maybe have a tournament or two with Items on Medium, and only the craziest banned, slowly banning the rest. Perhaps keep Smash Balls...

But it's your tournament, so I'll stop blabbing now. :p :laugh:
I know, I knw :D. Although I dont think Spear Pillar is THAT bad :p. I have a weakness for this stage and I would really unlikely remove it. Although in the end I guess I will have to. :/

Patinator

Smash Champion
I know, I knw :D. Although I dont think Spear Pillar is THAT bad :p. I have a weakness for this stage and I would really unlikely remove it. Although in the end I guess I will have to. :/
I like it too, but it has the most hazards out of any stage in Smash history, I think, and I'm not joking. :p Pity; it's so awesome...

But I suppose this isn't a place to discuss stage bans. :laugh:

PityLord

Smash Apprentice
Well for the most stages I know what will be banned, counterpick and neu. But for items im kinda puzzled wich to ban :p.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well for the most stages I know what will be banned, counterpick and neu. But for items im kinda puzzled wich to ban :p.
Well do what they did in Melee

Ban all of them :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

no really.

And best of luck to end the reign of non-nintendo fighting games. If they call you kiddie show them a technique they can't do in tekken or SoulCal or Guilty Gear. Jump up in the air using UpB :laugh:

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I really hope the best for you. I'm also not from Poland, but I honest to God am hoping you have the best **** Brawl tournament ever man.

SSBB

Smash Cadet
I'm a half Pole. My grandparents both moved to New Zealdn during the second World War. Good luck with what you're trying to do! There's barely any competitive scene in NZ either :(

PityLord

Smash Apprentice
Already found a guy that can help me with the website :laugh:. Now have to work on some advertising, but for it Ihave much time.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why is a Brawl a sudden chance for a competitive scene when Melee has been around for ages? Will people randomly start playing Brawl competitively because it's for the Wii when they didn't want to touch Melee?

Also, no matter what anyone says, there is yet to be a release date for the PAL version. It might be released in June, it might be released tomorrow, it might be released in 2009. Stop saying "PAL will come out in June!" or any of the many other rumored dates/months.

Firebert

Smash Ace
My friend came from Poland, but that's about it.
Anyways, I agree that the online play might open up a larger, more widespread competitive scene.

PityLord

Smash Apprentice
Why is a Brawl a sudden chance for a competitive scene when Melee has been around for ages? Will people randomly start playing Brawl competitively because it's for the Wii when they didn't want to touch Melee?
Well I have to say cause Gamecube was non-existent here and Wii is much more recognized now. Also GC games were kinda hard to find and expensive for most people here. Super Mario Galaxy had the top sales after realease from any game on any other console for a month here. If Brawl turns out at least half as popular as MG, I will at least try for players to recognize it more then just a party game. If no one starts it then it will be always the same.

Wyvernkni

Smash Cadet
Wonderful to see someone starting something like this. It actually sounds nice to know that somewhere it's still a new thing to people. In a certain way. I'm not Polish, but I do wish you the best of luck in your endeavors =p.

PityLord

Smash Apprentice
It was not very nice for me strugling to find some decent oponents :p. So I really hope this will work out.

Top Bottom