• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Insider

Florida

イーグランツ
What kinda things might you guys do to get more readers?
We'll be having the magazine hosted on Buzz's site (smash nexus blog), and have the magazine appear on multiple other websites as well. (such as the SWF blog, Shining Fists, among others.) Beyond that, we won't put too much work into advertisement.

MKDSPoKE

Smash Cadet
Awesome stuff, though, I hope it actually lauches and is successful as some online magzines have not done so. I support though.

Florida

イーグランツ
Awesome stuff, though, I hope it actually lauches and is successful as some online magzines have not done so. I support though.
Thanks for your support :)

Are people still allowed to join in on the creation of this?
Not necessarily. It's past the point where people can just send in applications, which are reviewed by the team, and so-and-so. Though, if there's somebody that we must have on the team, we'll probably seek them out, and invite them ourselves. Though by the looks of it, we're pretty much set.

Help out a lot, be a great and intelligent member, and you're chances will surely improve ;)

It sort of looks like "Brawlmsider", the logo that is.

I...I'm not too fond of it.
Thanks for sharing. We've had discussion on how awkward the logo looks currently, with the oddly shaped "B" and the whole squished look it had. Soon we'll be changing it a little, but most likely with the same font. We'll probably arrange it to something like:

Brawl
(+) Insider

or

(+) Brawl
Insider

etcetera.

By who? ;)

10char
Oh, just that one guy who creates SmashDash-- his name escapes me at the moment :p

MonkeyKHI

Smash Rookie
Not necessarily. It's past the point where people can just send in applications, which are reviewed by the team, and so-and-so. Though, if there's somebody that we must have on the team, we'll probably seek them out, and invite them ourselves. Though by the looks of it, we're pretty much set.

Help out a lot, be a great and intelligent member, and you're chances will surely improve ;)
Thanks, but I really have no time to try and make myself noticed by doing the usual. If you'd like credentials, I am site manager for www.khinsider.com (Monkey) as well as an admin on their forums. (It's not some small forum, its the largest Kingdom Hearts (and I believe Square Enix) related forum) I do a lot of the graphics work, content, management, etc etc on the website. Just throwing it out.

Other then that, best of luck.

Florida

イーグランツ
Looking good Monkey-- though I think we're covered. As I said, if we need any more help, we'll seek 'em out.

Brawl Insider news: the team will be working on a beta-issue, but with some real info. Nothing to get excited about, it'll just be a rehash of what's shown on the DOJO, and other news that you most likely know about. This is just to get more familiarized with the program, and to work some problems we might have early. We'll release it to the community as an appetizer, so stay tuned for that.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Hey egruntz add me, I told you I wanted to help but you er didn't tell me how -.- anyway, I want to become one of your custom stages designers and a writer for you.

After Brawl comes out I have an idea... it matters on weather camera mode is back in (I doubt it) or at least something that allows you to do the same thing...

Edit: Also 2nd stamp try and do something to make the logo different from the smash dash logo. The text looks exactly the same.

Also I could also make comics XD for the magazine, I mean every magazine should have a comics section.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
it bugs me that the name of your "magazine" is Brawl Insider, when I'm sure none of you are actually insiders to anything.

StickyChopstix

Smash Rookie
this project sounds as if you're going to make one of those "Prima SUPER SMASH BROS Official Strategy Guide" magazines. If they could I think they would sue you xD

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
He he he, no prima guides are... well guides to everything in the game. This is a magazine about the latest new in the game, like new interesting custom stages, upcoming people on the tournament scene and lots of other things.

Florida

イーグランツ
Oh, right, Tom. Sorry 'bout that, bud.

Since you aren't enabled to use any sort of messenger, you'll have to use Buzz's forums for the discussion and planning. Erhm, what name would you like to be credited with? (for the "team" update)

Florida

イーグランツ
Legolastom of course, but cant we all talk on the P2W C-Box? XD
With the merge between Smash Nexus and P2W, the c-box won't be staying around, for long. Have you tried different sorts of messengers? FX? Windows Live Plus?

If you still can't work something out, as I said, use Buzz's forums.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Haha looks great. If its useful to me I will see it.. Interesting. Make it humorous?

-Onyx

Blackadder

Smash Master
Omg. I'm like here to, like, fill you in on like, the update.
It's like, awesome. Like, we had a revamp on the first page, and like, Egruntz is paying me for sex if I bump the thread with like, this message.
Omg I love brian!!!!!one!!!! <3

...Like.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
great idea fellas. but wouldnt it eventually become a COMPETITIVE BRAWL magazine?

it just seems like eventually youd run out of things to talk about eh? other than tourney announcements and stuff. sorry if i seem negative not trying to. i support this 100% just curious about the future is all

Florida

イーグランツ
great idea fellas. but wouldnt it eventually become a COMPETITIVE BRAWL magazine?

it just seems like eventually youd run out of things to talk about eh? other than tourney announcements and stuff. sorry if i seem negative not trying to. i support this 100% just curious about the future is all
It will, eventually. Or, the magazine might just die in all.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
It will last as long as their is new, and if Smash boards suddenly dies and no one plays competitively / no ones makes stages or whate4ver then yes we will die, but that likely isnt going to happen.

Top Bottom