• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Import Thread

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Yeah still no PAL release date :(

I have imported a Japanese copy.

It is really slack of Nintendo to not consider the 1 billion + PAL region market.

However Europe has a much lower per capita rate of console ownership than the Americas or Asia.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Around June, or later, I'd say for the PAL version.
They'll need to take out and add in some things, I would think.
God, wouldn't it be awesome if they put in wavedashing and lots of dash-dancing allowed in the PAL version?
Then I would totally want to play. :D :D :D
... Dreams suck, hahah.

Edit:

Oh btw, Ben, if I can come over tomorrow, when?
If not tomorrow then when? =]

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
brawl is supposed to have international play, that means *** to usa, usa to aus, and aus to ***
what does that mean?
pal/ntsc/ntcs-j will NOT be different unless nintendo lied
im hoping that if somehow they do change it, there will be a patch for the ***/ntsc versions

Dedu

Smash Lord
WTF

J.A.P is a swear word now? Those censors can be **** annoying and outright stupid at times.
*** *** *** *** J.a.p *** *** *** *** *** *** *** J.ap. Ja.p ja.p.
Japanese people. We might as well censor the word 'aus' as it almost sounds like A.S.S

There I was smart enough to get around your censnore system. Does this mean I'll be censored outta smashboards?!?

Fish on a Stick

Smash Cadet
Dude, calm down. It's considered to be a racial slur to some, I mean it's just like asking why is the N-word offensive to black people, and why is the G-word considered offensive to asians. It just has offensive meanings behind it.

Sirias

Smash Champion
The J word was used by the Americans against the Japanese as a term to insult them during some war thing.
So it's insulting.
Or well, it was insulting to ancestors and such so yeah.
'Aus' isn't an insult, wtf, do you find it insulting at all?
Wtf. How did you get 'Aus sounds like A SS' and be able to link that to what the J word sounds like? It doesn't sound like anything insulting, you noob.
Censors are there for A REASON, you realise.
L2Think about it before you go crazy, kthxbai.

Also...
I was joking, Redact. So can you, also, not go off at being an imbecile. Kthx.
L2Read: "Dreams suck" ... "DREAMS".
Emphasis on the word that would imply that I was 'DREAMING' about it, not 'EXPECTING' it.
Seriously.

I'm gonna kick you all in the balls.
Even if you haven't done anything wrong, hahahah.

BRAWL FOR THE LOSEST LOSER LOSE!
Unless they find a substitute for wavedashing that lets you mash the controller like crazy then I'm over it.
I like quick thinking button game stuff.
And if anyone goes off about how I want it to be the way I want it to be...
You won't have any balls left, so consider yourself warned.
:D <3

Anyway.
Fox looks better in Melee.
They should put in an expansion for Melee with more characters and stages and maybe improved graphics... =]
No, I'm not saying REPLACE BRAWL you fools, I'm saying release an expansion for Melee.
As Ryan suggested.
<3 Ryan.

Edit:

Btw, try to relate your posts to something about Smash, or Brawl mainly.
Digression is not kool.
:D
BRAWL!
I WILL PLAY BRAWL TOMORROW!
INPUT WILL BE GIVEN!
Kbai.

Shifty McSly

Smash Cadet
I'm with you sirias, brawl is too slow, feels .... noobish. I expect to get flamed for that one.
btw, I didn't import, I just found a torrent and updated the wiikey. Legitimate software is for chumps.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Brawl only feels slow because of Melee. You should go back to 64 smash if you want slow. I think brawl needs alot more mind games and the ability to read your opponent than melee does. Thats what I think after playing matt for a few hours anyway.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I would think so as well, more mind-games and predicting and ****e.
Too many people fail at that. :D
But those that fail at technical skill will excel more at this.
YEY!

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
I was able to beat Cao and Shaz a few times because they were to used to technical things, I suposes Shaz put it best when he said "Adam's lucky, he dosn't have to unlearn as much". But now I expect Shaz will be able to **** me inside and out next time I play him.

Shifty McSly

Smash Cadet
Brawl only feels slow because of Melee. You should go back to 64 smash if you want slow. I think brawl needs alot more mind games and the ability to read your opponent than melee does. Thats what I think after playing matt for a few hours anyway.
Maybe, but I think it just seems like more prediction and mindgames than melee for two reasons. 1) there is no technical side and incredible speed to distract you from the midgames/prediction element, and 2) everyone is new to the game, semi-predictable patterns of play haven't yet emerged. By this I mean that everyone's played melee so much that anticipating your opponent became second nature, everybody fell into a pattern of play from which there were only a few possibilites at any one time, the patterns became so ingrained in everyones head that there was no longer a lot of conscious thought involved in "prediction".
Anyway, personally, I think that speed and technical skill AND mindgames make for a more dynamic game.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
how is something epic if it is much easier to do?

I'm not sure whats the deal with Wii modding, but the general concensus is that it's very risky - happy bricking

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Exactly, it's easier and its about 100x better than it was in Melee. Like it's actually a viable tactic now.

I've checked up on the specifics and it says that Dairantou Smash Bros X works on a PAL Wii that has been chipped. And as I said, I don't think I'll even need to solder the chip into my Wii since I have an early copy Wii.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If you save a buck a day you'll have enough saved to get a new wii by brawls release if your wii gets bricked/blocked.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
And about half a PS3 [/overusedPS3isexpensivelololjoke]

Shifty McSly

Smash Cadet
Actually, running brawl on a pal wii is really easy as long as you get a real wiikey, I've heard some of the other chips can be pretty dodgy. It is this easy:
1. update wiikey to latest version
2. update wii firmware to latest version
3. set wiikey to region free mode
4. download/import brawl
5. profit

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
And if you don't want to be chipped, you can get the Wii freeloader that's just been released.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Datel have said Wii updates shouldn't affect the Freeloader, and if they do, will be offering refunds on any that are blocked.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just the ones that are on the disks, and you can get the PAL disk updates still by just sticking the PAL disk in without the freeloader. The only potential worry is the Online updates, but should still be okay.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
they block the updates so the freeloader wont fail
updating in any way while using freeloader = potential failing of freeloader from there on
not cool imo

Bjay

Smash Lord
Cheers Syke, yeah I'm hoping I won't have to resort to eBay, but only as a last resort, so I'm exploring my options.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Probably, they're usually good with that sort of thing.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Perth dude. WA seems to be the state of moderators with both me and Bringer (not counting FDV and ThunderMistress of course ;) )

Sooms

Smash Rookie
Im getting a freeloader from 365games.co.uk uk - it's 10 pounds + another 4 for postage, so it turns out cheaper than Ozmodchips.

Top Bottom