• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Graveyard: Where lost hopes rest

NukeA6

Smash Master
I think the Rope Snake is enough to draw the conclusion that Ness and Lucas are not the same.
I don't think so.

Changing some A moves is to be expected. It's not like Lucas mains a bat. Just because he has a different Smash move don't mean anything. Several characters from Melee had different A moves that they didn't have in 64.

Wait till we get some footage so the truth can be finally revealed.

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
There's a video/picture/article that says Gardevoir is a Pokeball Pokemon?

Can someone link me?

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
There's a video/picture/article that says Gardevoir is a Pokeball Pokemon?

Can someone link me?
http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200710/N07.1011.1649.57274.htm?Page=2

If your lazy to read:

article said:
Of course, Pokeballs are still in the game, with plenty of returning favorites and a few new faces. Gardevoir shows up, creating an impenetrable barrier, which protects anyone within its range from thrown objects. Piplup uses its surf ability to create a wave of water that washes away unsuspecting fighters. We also spotted tons of old ones, including Snorelax and the always useless Goldeen, who’s still as floppy as ever.

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
Where did that bimbo's (Lip's) stick get mentioned as coming back? I do NOT want to see Lip make an entrance into Brawl! The only reason I'd want Lip in is so I can give her the pimp-hand over and over again...
It was shown on the Munchlax update (which is why he/she/it and Lip are right next to each other).

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Where did that bimbo's (Lip's) stick get mentioned as coming back? I do NOT want to see Lip make an entrance into Brawl! The only reason I'd want Lip in is so I can give her the pimp-hand over and over again...
You don't know what Lip is capable of, she is a queen of the fairies for a reason.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
*holds back rant against retarted Anti-Ness people*

Good bye Samurai Goroh, Deoxys, Lyn, Little Mac, and the Halberd (ya, the Mojo lied to me...jk! :laugh). I'll totally play you guys in Super Smash Bros. 4. Hopefully it will be released in 2012, and Sakurai won't delay it for 2013! :laugh:

JPW

Smash Ace
I was disappointed to hear Little Mac as an assist. I thought he would get a good chance for retro.

Is it his 8 bit form for the assist or is it an updated form?

Though the last I heard of him was SNES.

Would of been nice to have a boxer.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I was disappointed to hear Little Mac as an assist. I thought he would get a good chance for retro.

Is it his 8 bit form for the assist or is it an updated form?

Though the last I heard of him was SNES.

Would of been nice to have a boxer.
I think Little Mac is on full 3D. But IGN didn't clarify that. I guess they were too busy getting pwned.... by lvl 3 CPU.

demonpanther

Smash Cadet
Pokemon Trainer is proof enough that Nook is not decomfirmed.

They can put people in the background, they could take them out.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Go to his character page, he is in the background of 3 stages.

It also says he does not fight directly.
Whenever you pick him, he appears in the background to control the Pokemon you are fighting with. While I want Nook in, this arguement is null and void.

Shuma

Smash Hero
That's incredibly stupid... Red appears in EVERY background of EVERY stage, when you select him, Nook is ALWAYS in Smashville background.

demonpanther

Smash Cadet
That's incredibly stupid... Red appears in EVERY background of EVERY stage, when you select him, Nook is ALWAYS in Smashville background.
When you select him.

Nook is not in the background of every stage, you are correct.

But what stops him from not being in the background when you select him.

Pokemon Trainer does not wait around in the background until he is chosen, He is removed from the background when needed and put there when called upon.

How can this not be said for nook.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Why the **** would Nook fight from the background!? besides in the Link V.S Sonic video in Smash ville Nook is in the background and he is not fighthing. Capich?

demonpanther

Smash Cadet
Why the **** would Nook fight from the background!? besides in the Link V.S Sonic video in Smash ville Nook is in the background and he is not fighthing. Capich?

You are missing the point.

Nook is not fighting because he was not selected.

When he is selected, he is removed from the background.

It is the opposite of Pokemon Trainer indeed but it is far easier to remove a character from one stage when selected then to put a character in the background of every stage when selected.

It is not a stretch of the imagination.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm so sick of this Nook argument.

The fact that he was shown in the background of the Smashville stage is a huge hint by Sakurai telling us he's NOT PLAYABLE.

demonpanther

Smash Cadet
I'm so sick of this Nook argument.

The fact that he was shown in the background of the Smashville stage is a huge hint by Sakurai telling us he's NOT PLAYABLE.

Hint is the key word in your post.

This graveyard is supposed to get rid of hopes and dreams by deconfirming people. I know that many may not like nook or whatever but why try and crush other peoples dreams of a character that still has chances.

There are people that want nook and there is still no counter to my argument.

Like i said enlighten me.

demonpanther

Smash Cadet
Additionally i am not saying nook is in as playable, i am saying he should not be dismissed because he is in the background.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Hint is the key word in your post.

This graveyard is supposed to get rid of hopes and dreams by deconfirming people. I know that many may not like nook or whatever but why try and crush other peoples dreams of a character that still has chances.
Um... what?

There are a lot of characters in the first two posts that are not anywhere near deconfirmed, I can't see why people are fighting against Tom Nook being on the list, when there are characters like Dixie Kong who was merely shown as a trophy.

I'm not a Tom Nook hater. I wanted him playable! However, I've faced the facts. I'm not going to look for the smallest glimpse of hope, because that will blind me. He's not going to be playable. You people who think he still has a chance are going to be disappointed on February 10th (or the day the official full roster is leaked.) Mark my words.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Why would Sakurai put him in the background in the first place if he was playable? To trick us?
No, because there's an AC stage and characters from the series make cameos. Seriously, what demon is saying is not unheard of; the referree from the Samurai Shodown games was a playable character in one of them. Whenever he was selected, he would just not appear in the background. Why is this suddenly impossible when it comes to Tom Nook?

Note: I don't necessarily think he'll be playable, just that a lot of your reasons for "disqualifying" certain characters are ridiculous.

demonpanther

Smash Cadet
Why would Sakurai put him in the background in the first place if he was playable? To trick us?

That i can not say, coincidently there are a lot of things that cannot be explained or answered yet.

I am saying that given the evidence that there may be a possible AC rep, why remove a character with high chances just because he is seen in the background when we know that:

1. Characters can be removed from the background and placed there

2. Characters on the AC stage are random. Nook is not in every screenshot, this means that there are percentages for their appearance, they appear at x time for y amount of reasons.
If you remove that equation, then said character will not appear on the stage.

To go back to your question maybe he may decide to fight you in after an event match or something and will pop out the back of the stage to fight you.

demonpanther

Smash Cadet
Um... what?

There are a lot of characters in the first two posts that are not anywhere near deconfirmed, I can't see why people are fighting against Tom Nook being on the list, when there are characters like Dixie Kong who was merely shown as a trophy.

I'm not a Tom Nook hater. I wanted him playable! However, I've faced the facts. I'm not going to look for the smallest glimpse of hope, because that will blind me. He's not going to be playable. You people who think he still has a chance are going to be disappointed on February 10th (or the day the official full roster is leaked.) Mark my words.
That is fine, put him in critical condition, but saying he is decomfirmed is a little ambitious on the topic creators part. Same goes for trophys as well. i can lobby that too but nook has been in the decomfirmation part far longer judging by earlier posts.

demonpanther

Smash Cadet
OMG.....

I thought after 3 freakin hints people would let the idea that Nook is nothing more than a freakin background decoration, which has been PROGRAMED to be at that spot at a certain time!

Geez, I'm about to get hysterical as this guy!! (change "she" to "he" and "Britney" to "Nook")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWSjUe0FyxQ&mode=related&search=

There is one hint with three instances.

He is in the background of 3 pictures is no proof that he can be removed from it.

Why Tom Nook?

Hell why Ridley, why any character, because they are popular and mean something to the countless people that played animal crossing.

Metalknux

Smash Ace
You are missing the point.

Nook is not fighting because he was not selected.

When he is selected, he is removed from the background.

It is the opposite of Pokemon Trainer indeed but it is far easier to remove a character from one stage when selected then to put a character in the background of every stage when selected.

It is not a stretch of the imagination.
When he is chosen, he gets removed from the background? Good idea! Yeah, and Groudon is playable too, he just doesn't pop up as a Pokeball when you play as him. Heck, all the Pokemon are playable. When you unlock them all, the Pokeball is deleted from the item list.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
That is fine, put him in critical condition, but saying he is decomfirmed is a little ambitious on the topic creators part. Same goes for trophys as well. i can lobby that too but nook has been in the decomfirmation part far longer judging by earlier posts.
Because he was deconfirmed long before the confirmation of trophies...

Top Bottom