• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl goes to Hell and Back

E

EvilToad01

I think, if Olimar is in Brawl, he’d fight very similarly to the Pokémon Trainer, except instead of three alternating pokémon, there’d be a mass of pikmin.

E

EvilToad01

Also, I learned about this guy on Wikipedia. Devil World played like Pacman meets Donkey Kong, which follows because it was designed by Shigeru Miyamoto. The only Miyamoto game not to make it to the States, and that was because of the excessive religious imagery. What this devil did is similar to what he does in Brawl.

G

Gamer Blue

I don’t like because i’m a Christian so this is a bad update

E

EvilToad01

It’s idiocy like that that kept Devil World from American gamers.

W

WeAreVenom

he makes people go crazy trying to geet back on stage. Only a last ditch effort if you ask me…

K

Kinnikuman

Yeah GB Is right evil and assist trophy don’t go together.

W

WeAreVenom

idk. i mean he got a couple temp bans, but then he dissappeared. we miss you Falcofuku!!!

E

EvilToad01

Why not? Electrode blows people up indiscriminately. Togepi has that attack that blacks out the whole screen. Same difference. I like it.

D

Dastardly_V

At first, when scrolling down, I thought this was an enemy from Rockin Kats, and I prematurely freaked out. I’m glad to see Japanese gamers arn’t getting shafted out of Japan-only charactors, though. If I was Japanese I would be pissed to know some awesome charactor was cut because it was Japan-only. Meanwhile, we get introduced to a piece of Nintendo/Famicom history that otherwise we might not have heard of, like with Fire Emblem.

As far as the Devil, I love the concept. it’s one of those Trophies/Pokeballs where even the user is like “oh no OH NO!”. This is when toadstool jumping is going to become really handy.

As for an earlier question on how many ATs there will be, I’m hoping for alot, as in you’re still earning just as many trophies as before, but now when you unlock them in the lottery or whatever, you can start to use them in battle. ATs are definitly my favorite new feature, because it opens the doors for so many cool cameo possibilities.

Also, I like the Devil charactor design in general. Next AT: Anton LeVey

HAIL SATAN!
YANKEE ROSE!

W

WeAreVenom

cursing, getting in “keyboard battles” (and cursing while in keyboard battles)

D

Dastardly_V

I like the idea of this: Trap somebody with a pitfall, and then, by chance, you get The Devil, and while everyone runs to stay on screen, they are helpless to do anything as they scroll into oblivion. There may not be any cursing on these boards, but I’m already getting lots of curse-inducing stratagies going in my head. This game is going to be AWESOME.

M

METROID MAN

Oh…im suprised i didnt get kicked out after that “mom” battle i started with falcofuku and peach……hope i didnt make him leave

crap

W

WeAreVenom

Did anyone notice that link is jumping away? does that mean the stage appears on the opposite side of where is was sent? if so, this sould meen using others as platforms to get back on stage. W00t for footstool jumping!

A

Animal 214

people have 2 high expectations 4 updates u just had the best 1 like ever dont complain

W

WeAreVenom

i think this character was made to create mass chaos and get rid of all strategies and run, or jump in this case, to safety. the only problem is right now, it looks like you’re falling to your death unless you footstool jump, or can float/have wings. amazing how one little AT can change the tide of battle.

on a side note, IS THERE ANYBODY HERE?! no one’s made a comment for a really long time (besides Animal 214)

P

potato

the new assist trophy is cool i like the fact that you kinda have to work together to keep each other up by hitting each other with moves?,,,,,,

W

WeAreVenom

i agree with you potato. but one meteor smash/spike (sure MS can be cancelled, but when there,s no stage to jump back to?) and its over. I wonder how long this lasts…

R

ravenkikas

Man i was only able to enter the site now.. For me it’s down since yesterday =| Anyway… I like The Devil Assist trophy.. This means we can expect jesus too? lol jk =|

K

Kinnikuman

Turning off specific trophies eh? Sounds feasable I like that.

W

WeAreVenom

Kinnikuman!!! there you are. ;)

i like the idea of turning off trophies jalepeno. that might allow some of them into the tournament scene, though i doubt it because of the no items rule.

W

WeAreVenom

sry bout the double post
ravenkikas: yesterday!!! wow, i thought i had it bad cause i couldn’t get on for 3 hours.

K

Kinnikuman

Oh yeah and notice, There is no emblem 4 this devil.
NOOK 4 BRAWL!!!!!
I couldn’t get on all night yesterday it sucked.

K

Kinnikuman

August 24th’s Smash Bros. Dojo update will be Snake’s profile. It’s Hideo Kojima’s birthday
sry 4 the double post

R

ravenkikas

i hope the same dont happen today.. =\ anyway.. Kinnikuman that make a lot of sense, it would be cool! i guess that day we blow up the comment counter right?

W

WeAreVenom

24th, eh? lookin forward to that. I really hope he’s not a falcon clone and zero suit samus isn’t a sheik clone. even though i used to main sheik…

W

WeAreVenom

if Gamer Blue shows up and keeps me company, then the comment will not only break, it will a splode

R

ravenkikas

August 24th’s lets all throw a party, sing happy birthday to Mr.Kojima. light a fire and sing Kumbaya around it.

R

ravenkikas

Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya
O Lord, kumbaya

lol =p

Top Bottom