• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl gets even More Special

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
this is nice already multiplayer has been turned up a notch with this "Special" Brawl mode the number of possible combinations will be outrageous cant wait for this!

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
the only thing that sux is that u cant put two on at same time u kno
for example

Body: Metal/Clear.

cant choose both.....DX
well theres no point in choosing both if ur invisible u cant even see the metal plus if u want the metal effect just make the gravity heavy

cast man232

Smash Rookie
Wow,does his type of setting look anything to u like the one in Kiby Air Ride???? Cause i think it looks very similar,but idk.

sweet peachy

Smash Rookie
that would be something silly....
you don't want to start the match with thoes flowers
too much damage

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I'm really hating that you can't up the percentage for Stamina Mode. It's such a fun special mode but the games always end too short. That was the one thing I hoped Sakurai would do for me (and all you other Stamina Mode fans out there... I didn't know you existed) this time for Brawl. I'd crank the counter up to 999% every time. But maybe we'll be able to have extra lives this time so we don't have to stop playing the first time you die? I wouldn't mind that.

EDIT:
Wow! Hey! I was just playing a Stamina Mode match for the fun of it just now and I found something I didn't know about. I'm Falco against a Samus, CFalcon, and ICs. Did you know that Nana has her own set of stamina for the match? She died a while before Popo did. It was so weird! (Don't hate me for being a n00b if you all already knew that) kthx ;)

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
It seems like Special Brawl isn't going to have its own menu exactly like Melee where you had to press the "Special Brawl" tab. I believe that by pressing the top center of where the words are will get you to the Special Brawl mode.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Ugh...yet another mediocre Brawl update.
Because it's not a character update? That's your definition of a good update, right?

Let's hope Friday's is a real bombshell, we're way over due for one.
Yeah, because it's not like today's update is anything other than customizaing your fight in more ways than you can count. I guess the two new stages that everyone's been dying to read info on, the 'My Music' update, and the whole Mario move change that sparked 10 pages of discussion were'nt really bombshells either.

[/sarcasm]

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yeah, because it's not like today's update is anything other than customizaing your fight in more ways than you can count. I guess the two new stages that everyone's been dying to read info on, the 'My Music' update, and the whole Mario move change that sparked 10 pages of discussion were'nt really bombshells either.

[/sarcasm]
Actually, you can count it: the amount of different individual options in each setting (3) raised to the power of how many different types of settings there are (8).

3^8= 6561 Different styles of games you can play.
(Sorry if I ruined your whole "more than you can count" affect on your arguement, but I just kinda wanted to throw that out there. Besides, it's kind of amazing how many types of gameplay there really are in just this one screen.

I'm kind of hoping for a character update tomorrow too. It's been a while since we've had a good one like Diddy or Peach. Two weeks to be exact. (Meta Knight doesn't count. Nothing all that great came from that day's update.)

falcofan69

Smash Rookie
Whats Going On...

Fist people are stealing my name....then you have fairies like Eillio(or crackhead) coming on here... WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS SITE!!!! Speacial brawl doesnt look to fun either

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Actually, you can count it: the amount of different individual options in each setting (3) raised to the power of how many different types of settings there are (8).

(Sorry if I ruined your whole "more than you can count" affect on your arguement, but I just kinda wanted to throw that out there. Besides, it's kind of amazing how many types of gameplay there really are in just this one screen.
The 6,561 different styles of gameplay is what I meant by 'more ways than you count'. I was exaggerating for the sarcasm effect, but still that's a LOT of options.

I'm kind of hoping for a character update tomorrow too. It's been a while since we've had a good one like Diddy or Peach. Two weeks to be exact. (Meta Knight doesn't count. Nothing all that great came from that day's update.)
An update is just a bit of random info in the game that's shown every weekday until the game's release; it's not supposed to be always something new. Everybody knew Metaknight's profile was going to come up eventually anyway and can't call it a waste of an update either since Sakurai is so generous as to even give this much specific info about the game.

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
Fist people are stealing my name....then you have fairies like Eillio(or crackhead) coming on here... WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS SITE!!!! Speacial brawl doesnt look to fun either
Cry more/flame less, please.

screw you beating me to it :(
and to the person before saying you can't get star ko'd without getting hit, other than jigglypuffs shield breaking, you can also die if you get high enough jumping, like on poke floats, it just happens that there aren't many stages where you can actually get high enough

Sanjuinuthus

Smash Apprentice
What was so great about Peach's update, especially since we already knew she was confirmed? I would say Metaknight's was better, as it supported the rumor that he is a starting character.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
An update is just a bit of random info in the game that's shown every weekday until the game's release; it's not supposed to be always something new. Everybody knew Metaknight's profile was going to come up eventually anyway and can't call it a waste of an update either since Sakurai is so generous as to even give this much specific info about the game.
I'm not saying it was bad. I had actually been dying to see that update since day 1 of the new Dojo. I'm just saying it didn't have that "WOW" factor that previously unknown newcomers/veterans have.

And while I'm at it... Now we just need updates for Snake, Helipad, Mario Circuit, Crawling, Aerial Moves, Grabs & Throws, Mario/Kirby/Pikachu/Fox/Samus/Zelda/Bowser/DK/Yoshi/Peach's special moves, and Kirby's FS. After that I think it will all be relatively new information to us.

So that's around 17 (give or take a few) updates. Correct me if I missed anything.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Cool update...hopefully you can now choose how much HP you have in stanima mode this time around

and LOL, who else is looking forward to the announcer shouting out before the match "Stamina Mega Flower Curry Heavy Slow Angled Brawl! " :chuckle: THAT would be "speacial"

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Eh, it's certainly a huge step above what Melee had in this line, and for that I'm excited. Maybe it'll actually be played more. I know some people aren't even aware of Brawl's special modes.

I hope we'll see a few unlockable extras to add to it, though. They can do better than two in each category. Give us some stuff that, you know, isn't just ripping an effect from an already-made item.

Also, it'd be pretty cool if you could set these options to only specific Brawlers (like curry brawlers VS a giant metal brawler).

It's better than the rest of the week was, I'll admit, but I'm still expecting a profile tonight to (partially) make up for the past three weeks of indifference.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Eh, it's certainly a huge step above what Melee had in this line, and for that I'm excited. Maybe it'll actually be played more. I know some people aren't even aware of Brawl's special modes.

I hope we'll see a few unlockable extras to add to it, though. They can do better than two in each category. Give us some stuff that, you know, isn't just ripping an effect from an already-made item.

Also, it'd be pretty cool if you could set these options to only specific Brawlers (like curry brawlers VS a giant metal brawler).

It's better than the rest of the week was, I'll admit, but I'm still expecting a profile tonight to (partially) make up for the past three weeks of indifference.
I agree....oooohhh.....I hope it the Ice Climbers....we need them back T________T

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
They needed metal form in SSBM.
They HAD metal form in SSBM :psycho:
I doubt that Joanna Dark will appear and if she does or is playable she better be rival to Snake, but to me she'll be a sticker or a AT
one word
RARE
you forgot the background pokemon Cubebone,Dugtrio and Skarmory
he's not a box. it's CUBONE
I'm sorry I was thinking of changing it with something a little more settle
That's SUBTLE
A lot of people picking Falco/Fox jumping to their deaths. Promise.

EDIT: What? You have to be hit? I swear I've jumped up before. lol.
That's only if you STAND. Like on Poke Floats or Infinite Glacier

Fox's refelector never shattered...... I tried the Black Hole Glitch in SSBM and it never shatteres (lots of Super Scopes shot)
It can only take so powerful a hit. Every reflect increases the damage of the shot, until it breaks the reflector. Same with the Cape or Nayru's Love

Bunny Curry Light Fast Brawl on PKMN Stadium 2's flying stage! DBZ FTW!
mmmm bunny curry

Hopefully they've altered it to allow damage to be dealt. In Melee you could only knock people around, which would be a very annoying match to play.
Wrong. In invisible battle, you still took damage.
thank god
i guess so
you guys, stop posting those back and forth little blurbs. It's spamming.
how about NOT Marth, but yes to IC, Captain Falcon, Ness, and the new comer...that good enough for u??...well actually yeah we can throw Marth in there too...BUT WE NEED THE FROSTY DUO!!!!!
I hope IC gets replaced by a better, more natural team like Mario&Luigi (YES they are already separate characters, they still work together.) I really don't see them returning.

HELP! I've been PWND by Sakurai!! ARGH

Top Bottom