• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl gets even More Special

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
By Reflect, I think they mean permanent Franklin Badge. Projectiles won't do any damage and will always be reflected. What puzzles me tho is that if everyone has this effect on, will projectiles fired be permanently on the field? Will they still hurt the person that fired it, even though they reflect projectiles too? Or will the projectiles simply disappear after a time?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
What DO they mean by reflect???? do they mean like when u attack someone u get damaged as well????
Probably like wearing a Franklin Badge at all times. But that wouldn't be helpful to anyone since they're all reflecting anyway.

Mario: "Haha! Take this!" {Fireball}
Fox: "Haha! I reflected it!"
Mario: "Oh no! It's coming back! Wait... I reflected it too?"
Fox: "Shoot! It's coming back at me! Hey... I didn't put up my refelctor and it reflected..."
(Fireball bouncing pointlessly back and forth, Mario and Fox now realize they each have a waste of a move)

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Probably like wearing a Franklin Badge at all times. But that wouldn't be helpful to anyone since they're all reflecting anyway.

Mario: "Haha! Take this!" {Fireball}
Fox: "Haha! I reflected it!"
Mario: "Oh no! It's coming back! Wait... I reflected it too?"
Fox: "Shoot! It's coming back at me! Hey... I didn't put up my refelctor and it reflected..."
(Fireball bouncing pointlessly back and forth, Mario and Fox now realize they each have a waste of a move)
LOL OMG I can so picture that with "Super Scope" and the "Cracker Launcher" XDDDDD

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Perhaps the reflection powers can only reflect a single object a certain numbers of times like Fox's reflector, so if a projectile gets stuck eventually someone's protection will shatter.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Perhaps the reflection powers can only reflect a single object a certain numbers of times like Fox's reflector, so if a projectile gets stuck eventually someone's protection will shatter.
Fox's refelector never shattered...... I tried the Black Hole Glitch in SSBM and it never shatteres (lots of Super Scopes shot)

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
mega and mini mushrooms from new super mario bros, confirmed. Mini mushroom will replace poison mushrooms probably

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
The Special Brawl update was nice. Adding more customizablity to Special Melee just makes it better. I'm thinking there could be a way to change the stamina options. Oh, and this'll do nice for online Brawl party fights.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Best update ever. No character or stage update can beat this, this is kinda close to the 4 ways to play. I might like competitive smash but I have always loved special modes.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
hey guys...quick question and I apologizw for it being off topic......can someone tells me what the point system in this site i about?? .I mean coming from the admins and mods it not good...but what the number of points u can get and what happens after.....and is there any way to reset it to zero....plz zomone tell me (that was three questions whoops XP)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I can't remember where the rules are but if you break rules you get different infraction points, you have 6 points in total so when you get 6 infraction points you get banned until the points expire.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I can't remember where the rules are but if you break rules you get different infraction points, you have 6 points in total so when you get 6 infraction points you get banned until the points expire.
well the good news is that poits have a set date....bad news is Im already a third of the way there and i just got it yesterday XDDDD dam and I was trying so hard not to get in truble in this site again XD

oh yyeah thx by the way (^^)v

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
mega and mini mushrooms from new super mario bros, confirmed. Mini mushroom will replace poison mushrooms probably
I don't know, because if you saw a big yellow Mega Mushroom coming at you you're going to accept it, but if you can differentiate one Mushroom from the other and see that the it's a green Poison Mushroom, you're just going to avoid it. Making Super 'Shrooms and Poison 'Shrooms the same color but in different hues is a good system, I can't tell you how many times I've been so confident that the thing I was running at was a Super Mushroom, only to be very disappointed (and sh;t-scared) immediately after grabbing it.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I don't know, because if you saw a big yellow Mega Mushroom coming at you you're going to accept it, but if you can differentiate one Mushroom from the other and see that the it's a green Poison Mushroom, you're just going to avoid it. Making Super 'Shrooms and Poison 'Shrooms the same color but in different hues is a good system, I can't tell you how many times I've been so confident that the thing I was running at was a Super Mushroom, only to be very disappointed (and sh;t-scared) immediately after grabbing it.
actually its this in the mario games with coloered mushroms...well from what i kkno...

red: grow big (Health restore in PM, two dice rolls in MP series)
yellow: Electric (Paper Mario)
Blue and/or purple: Poison (Super Shroom in Paper Mario, Poison shroom also came in PM: the thousand year door but it was a dark green with purple spots))
green: 1-Up (Reverse Mushroom in Mario Party 3, Ultra Shroomn in Paper Mario)
Gold: Three dice rolls (MP series)

Hungry Gamer

Smash Apprentice
Bunny Curry Light Fast Brawl on PKMN Stadium 2's flying stage! DBZ FTW!

That makes me think, if you have a Bunny Light Brawl on the flying stage, and then put on another Bunny Hood, what will happen when you jump?

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I love this double modes. I always wanted a Sudden Death with Lightning. It looks like there's no sudden death though.
I wouldn't worry too much. I got a feeling that SSD will be a stand-alone mode this time, hence why it wasn't in today's Special Brawl update. Let's face it, you couldn't have a
Stamina SSD match could you? If SSD is in, it'll be separate from Special Brawl...

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I'm talking about the difference between the mushrooms in New Super Mario Bros and Melee.
OOOOHHH...well then nvm...never seen the mushroom in New Super Mario Bros. LOOL

Bunny Curry Light Fast Brawl on PKMN Stadium 2's flying stage! DBZ FTW!

That makes me think, if you have a Bunny Light Brawl on the flying stage, and then put on another Bunny Hood, what will happen when you jump?
A Star TKO XDDDDDDDDDDD

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
@Hungry_Gamer:
Well you can't become any more "bunnyish" like you can't become any more "metal" or any more "invisible". Bigger and smaller twice is easy, but there are some things on that list you just can't amplify.

... like you can't become any more "reflecty".
It would be cool to see someone become more "flower-on-your-headish". Characters would end up looking like Chia-Pets with gardens on their heads.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
@Hungry_Gamer:
Well you can't become any more "bunnyish" like you can't become any more "metal" or any more "invisible". Bigger and smaller twice is easy, but there are some things on that list you just can't amplify.

... like you can't become any more "reflecty".
It would be cool to see someone become more "flower-on-your-headish". Characters would end up looking like Chia-Pets with gardens on their heads.
CH-CH-CH-CH-CHIA!!! XDDDD oh god i did not even think of that ROFL

Hungry Gamer

Smash Apprentice
Mega Brawl with Giga Bower and an extra Mega Mushroom. Jesus....

Ultra Mario, as Mario, play giant melee, get a super mushroom and use his taunt.

Edit: Who knows, maybe you can become more bunnyish, just not visibly.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
CLEAR is the Invisible Item from Melee, that makes you like... clear.
....cloaking field conformed!!
Hopefully they've altered it to allow damage to be dealt. In Melee you could only knock people around, which would be a very annoying match to play.

I hope the smokeball doesn't make noise when you drop it, so I can be invisible and carry a smoke ball around, then suddenly drop it and run out of the smoke to attack. While you can still see invisible people, I think this sudden change in opacity would give a really cool edge.

Also,
A theory on why the tame updates: Sakurai cares about school, and now that it's in session, kids and college students shouldn't be staying up until 2am (at least where I live) to check them, and the stream of "eh" will discourage this.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Fox's refelector never shattered...... I tried the Black Hole Glitch in SSBM and it never shatteres (lots of Super Scopes shot)
It's not going to shatter from something reflected once, even if it's many somethings. It's got to be the same thing reflected enough times to break a normal shield in one hit.
Reflect a Red Shell a whole lot and see what happens.
I remember trying to find out how many reflects certain things could take before shield break.
I think Samus' Charge shot could only reflect 3 times.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
It's not going to shatter from something reflected once, even if it's many somethings. It's got to be the same thing reflected enough times to break a normal shield in one hit.
Reflect a Red Shell a whole lot and see what happens.
I remember trying to find out how many reflects certain things could take before shield break.
I think Samus' Charge shot could only reflect 3 times.
.....oh yeah now i see what yur tlking about XDD I remember that happening when I was doing the BH glitch the game was lagging early so I had to Shoot Full Charge of S. Scope to cancel the green beam between Falco and Fox LOL I apologize

Hungry Gamer

Smash Apprentice
Curry Brawl with Bowser and Charizard! Fire everywhere!
Tiny Fixed Brawl with Mini mushrooms and small characters! Where are they?
300% Mega Bunny Curry Light Fast Angled Brawl on WarioWare!

I love this!

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Imagine this in tournaments in the game

oh the possibilities........................................

**** that would be insane

*Note* i mean the tournament mode like in melee

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Imagine this in tournaments in the game

oh the possibilities........................................

**** that would be insane

*Note* i mean the tournament mode like in melee
in order to play against 63 other ppl....u had to have 64 ppl including u to share 4 controllers in one house when it cam to tournament Melee......Now...all u wuld just need 63 strangers from different parts of the world with each a wii via online

.......Brillant T_T *tears of joy*

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
great update!

only one very dumb mistake....no adjustable stamina mode

whats the deal?

i would honestly play stamina now and then if i could set the HP higher

the matches are just too short

but whatever....not a huge deal...but could have been an easy addition

anyways yeh...no biggie...and thnak goodness for a somewhat exciting update after the last 3 days of crapola

Top Bottom