• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Faq

NxtGenFalco93

Smash Apprentice
just put the premade version on the root of your sd card and on the wii go to the little SD card thing in the bottom left then say yes to star bootmii. then istall himebrew and get gecko os on it then say launch game on the gecko screen. i would go more in depth but it would take to long for my attention span.

dynablade1

Smash Cadet
oh, so i dont need to install any programs on my wii before hand? just load it into my sd card and fire it up?

dynablade1

Smash Cadet
i did but nothing happened. i put he files on the sd card then i put it in the SD slot and opened up the menu..no files showed up or anything

dynablade1

Smash Cadet
when i go through the WII button at the bottom it says *twilight hack* but it says i need to play the game to copy or move it.

NxtGenFalco93

Smash Apprentice
just download bannerbomb look it up on google, put it on the root of the sd card named boot.dol and then click on the sd card you dont need LoZ to get bannerbomb to work.
it has the same message as the twilight hack has the b+ people need to update their premade package to have bannerbomb

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
well, you have to have a lot of stuff...

I would go here:

wiibrew.org

and search around until you find "the homebrew browser".

here, you can download Gecko OS.

from there, use the autoupdater found here : brawlplus.net. go down until you find the topic about the latest codeset, 5.0 RC1. download the autoupdater and use it.

but, before you do, you need this file directory on your sd card:

these are all folders...

x: (this is the root of the sd card > private > wii > APP > RSBE > pf> fighter

and x: codes

you also have to have gameconfig.txt on the root of your sd card.

download that here:

http://www.filefront.com/13948195/gameconfig.txt/

ONCE YOU GET THIS WORKING, DO NOT USE ANY CUSTOM STAGES BESIDES THE ONE NEEDED FOR THE NO HOMEBREW HACK (don't worry about the no homebrew hack, that's a whole different story.)

Just, don't play any custom stages.

NxtGenFalco93

Smash Apprentice
i just saw you sig syphonic nice and ya thats about all you need and dont forget to check out roy's and mew2's threads (its also in smash workshop) if you want to get roy instead of marth or mew2 instead of lucario.

dynablade1

Smash Cadet
ok so i got the browser, i got the config file on the root of my sd card i got the gecko OS..i downloaded the codeset but i have no idea how to use em

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, but I don't understand the overall point of Brawl+. It doesn't appeal to me, and I refuse to try it. But I won't force people to stop fooling around with hacks, since I intend on checking out Balanced Brawl. I bet I wouldn't do a worse job than Nintendo and their 4.2 update.

If you're hacking Brawl to improve its COMPETITIVE value, but not making it better from Melee, why does it exist? They say that Brawl has characters and stages and certain game mechanics that Melee lacked, so why not have like Melee 2, with Brawl characters, Melee's mechanics and a balanced character roster. How can you detour it from being Melee 2 in the first place? Why would you make a game that doesn't make a step up in the Smash series as a competitive franchise (which is still viable as a casual party franchise)?

To me, this is brain disfunction. I wouldn't be so concerned if this hack was for the lulz or something to fool around with. Brawl+ doesn't even answer Brawl or Melee's main problems (character viability). Balanced Brawl will do that, and MAYBE B+, but I'm not seeing it...:sonic:

dynablade1

Smash Cadet
right now gecko is "Reading DVD stats..."
is that good or bad?

it's been reading the DVD stats for about 10 minutes now...
i think i messed something up. am i uppose to do something with the settings?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
um...we're working on character viabillity and stage viability.

You realize we're not even close to done with this project yet?

Just go play melee or vbrawl if you don't like it. Please stop spamming the boards.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
no...just do a hard reset. did you have brawl in your wii, and the sd card in the sd slot? what is your version of Gecko?

do you have gameonfig.txt on the root of your sd card?

dynablade1

Smash Cadet
K this is eveything on my card

Boot.DOL
Guitars on fire * game i downloaded with the browser*
gameconfig
congig
Updater
bootmii > armboot, bootmii, ppcboot.elf
hackmii installer
Codes >RSBE10.gct
Privite> wii > app, title. app> RESBE> PF, st, al ,rp. PF> fighter > all the stuff i just got with the updater
apps> Gecko18> boot.elf homebrew browser > boot. dol

I changed one setting in gecko that might have been it.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I'm not spamming the boards, I know better than that. This is spam: :sonic: :sonic: :sonic:

If I can't get a smart/legitimate individual working on the project to answer my noobish questions properly then I have no sympathy for the hack at all.

dynablade1

Smash Cadet
Oh i got it working! it was the setting!
Thnx to you all ^^
except for you -_- this hack is amazing and people put alot of work to give something greatto the public completely free of charge. if you dont like it then shut up and dont use it.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
um....remove the config.dat, you don't need that.

remove the hackmii installer, you don't need that anymore.

OH! It should be called RSBE01.gct, not RSBE10.gct. Unless that was just a typo on your part...

Your Gecko needs to be 1.9.0.1 or later.

EDIT: nvm, you got it working. lolz.

@ that one person: Yes. And I answered your noobish questions. We are working on improving character and stage viability. But no, we're not perfect, and will not answer to your every precious as-important-as-a-hangnail whim. If you don't like it, then just be quiet, leave this place, and go play melee and vbrawl.

And yes, you are spamming the boards. You are spamming by complaining in every god**** topic you see.

NxtGenFalco93

Smash Apprentice
dont you play vbrawl symphonic? it might be a defferent symphonic sage tho so idk and ya the rsbe should be 01 not 10. and make sure you get some good textures :) and you dont need the rp thing in the folder with pf, st, and al

EDIT: I GOT 111POSTS!!! :)

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Yeah I play vbrawl. Pretty the only reason I play it though, is because I have a soft spot for the flower rest, and am too lazy to change it myself in brawl+ with PSA.

:p

dynablade1

Smash Cadet
i hate to bother you again...but how do i get mewtwo. i downloaded the files and put them in the lucario folder.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
If it's the mewtwo character hack itself, did you name it FitLucario.pac?

And if you have a mewtwo texture you're asking about, you name it FitLucario(number 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05 or sometimes 06, or up to 11 for Wario lol).pcs or .pac. Try the textures without ISO hacking thread (in the stickies at the top of the page) for more info.

and your sd card can't be SDHC.

dynablade1

Smash Cadet
:p thanks again!
give me a shout if you ever need help with anything

i still cant seem to get the skin right..i got the numers right put idk if im doing something wrong

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
I'm not spamming the boards, I know better than that. This is spam: :sonic: :sonic: :sonic:

If I can't get a smart/legitimate individual working on the project to answer my noobish questions properly then I have no sympathy for the hack at all.
Many changes done completely revamped physics to overall speed up the game. Hitstun was added to raise the punishment window (the game rewards you more for hitting a move), no auto sweet spotting allows for a deeper edgeguarding game, no tripping rids of the random factor that did not serve anything for the game, and more character balance has been made in these new physics. All these changes are served to be, what we believe, a more competitive game. Whether this makes the game more fun is subjective, but for some people, more competitive = more fun.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
dynablade...is your sd card an SDHC? if so mewtwo or the skin won't work...and make sure you're checking with the right color. It might not be on the one you thought it would. sometimes the color numbers are messed up. STUPID SAKURAI! anyways...

EDIT: OH! Dynablade, you need the .pcs file of the texture, not the .pac. .pacs are only needed in tandem with the .pcs for characters who can transform mid-battle

dynablade1

Smash Cadet
I checked the colour..im trying again...and it froze when i tried loading a stage after picking lucario and the right colour. but never when i pick someone else.
Im doing everything right..its not a SDHD, i put the file in the lucario fighter file.
Called the texture Fitlucario02.pcs and loaded gecko and started the game.

Jaqen

Smash Rookie
Oh this is wonderful. I've always liked regular brawl far more than melee but recently I've been playing balanced brawl to try something different and just last night I decided to give b+ a try. It's pretty great. I love how I can move around like crazy and keep hitting my opponent constantly. :D I need to find some more humans to play it with though... :(

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
The answers to your questions (if you actually want them, that is) are in the first post of this thread. If you have no intention of even trying it for yourself in the first place I don't see the point of asking questions anyway.

Top Bottom