• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl easy or difficult to play?

Damage Points

Smash Ace
Ok everyone says SF is hard to pick up if you never played it before. What do you guys think about Brawl tho. Lets say someone is brandnew to the series and just starting off for the first time. do you guys think its a game just anyone can pick up, or its a game that you have to work at in order to get better. Do you consider it a noobish fighting/platform fighter?

Apollo$

Smash Ace
Depends on how long it takes them to acknowledge the gay, learn spacing, or learning how good the character they main is.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Brawl is ridiculously easy to pick up for a fighting game. It's perfect for being someone's first "competitive" game.

ludvigpasse

Smash Cadet
its not as hard as melee, but its still a huge challenge if you want to become extremly good at it. But still not as much ATs as in melee, it relies more on mindgames/gayness and if you main meta or not.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
its not as hard as melee, but its still a huge challenge if you want to become extremly good at it. But still not as much ATs as in melee, it relies more on mindgames/gayness and if you main meta or not.
its not as hard as say... Gunz online, but it takes time to learn the basics of a fighter game and brawl is no different

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
its pretty good to pick up, start playing and feel like you're doing good cause you can beat your friends XD
but it gets tougher the more competitive it gets up into the tourneys
same with any fighter really, i'd say its even with traditional fighters though cause while it doesnt have all the tech skill or combo's stage know how and picking makes a difference unlike normal fighters

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Insanely easy to get into, insanely difficult to master.
Bull****.

New top players were popping up within the first year of brawl without ever having a shred of practice in Melee. This game's relatively average/easy to master, too. You just need a good sense of spacing, prediction, and/or Meta Knight.

Goldenadapt has it perfectly, pretty much.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Easy to pick up, relatively difficult to master. I'm a melee***, but I've looked into Brawl's shenanigans. I figured it relatively shallow, and I've heard a lot of **** talk about it, but one of brawl's finest *m2k* ***** slapped me with the truth a few days ago.

Paraphrasing: "Brawl seems shallow, but is way deeper on a mental level than a lot of people will ever get to." I'm not one to disagree with someone a million times better than me, so I'm sticking with that.

BurnBurn

Smash Apprentice
the smash series is my first fighter game. The only one too probably, I did get my fair share of street fighter, but not too much of it (2 games every few minutes using alot of characters)

Smash is really easy to get into, but for me, it stumps me when I get into deep ATs. Some you have to practice ALOT, and some are gay and don't need practice.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Bull****.

New top players were popping up within the first year of brawl without ever having a shred of practice in Melee. This game's relatively average/easy to master, too. You just need a good sense of spacing, prediction, and/or Meta Knight.

Goldenadapt has it perfectly, pretty much.
i have never heard of the "top players" you are are referring too. who are the ones that did not play melee before brawl came out? Not saying your are wrong, just curious.

edit: kanelol and ubermario pretty much got it down.

NNID
LilG912
Eh, Brawl is easy to pick up, of course some ppl is gonna start w/ items, learn how to recover and all that other stuff, but then they can get better w/o items. It'll take them a while to get better, it can't be that hard @ all. When it comes to competition, that's the time to step it up, practice, and take it to the next lvl if they want play Smash all day every day and want to focus on their main/mains.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
Or any Korean game for that matter.
difference between Gunz and brawl is that Gunz takes alot of (and pretty much only) tech skill, reading isnt necessary, just convenient, brawl takes alot of mental skill, which i am kinda lacking -.-

UltraPuff

Smash Apprentice
It's relatively easy to get the basics down, but overall the most difficult part is learning to read your opponent and knowing the characters.

Top Bottom