• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Advance 3 was done by Wave Master Studios.
Needless to say they BLEW IT BADLY. The quality is on par with Sonic..uh...whatever that GBA fighter was.

Advance 1's best song is Cosmic Angel Zone.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Advance 3 was done by Wave Master Studios.
Needless to say they BLEW IT BADLY. The quality is on par with Sonic..uh...whatever that GBA fighter was.
Sonic Battle, which had some good music.
Nothing memorable though.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Do character themes overide the result display theme when replacing music? Cuz only the characters theme is playing. How can i change it so the Results display screen plays instead all the time. To clarify i want X08 to replace be the only theme to come on w/o me having to make copy of it for each character.

And i cant delete the themes of the characters. It doesnt let me delete any of these...
It keeps saying this disk is write protected remove the write protection or use another disk. And...just like 5 mins ago i deleted/copied a bunch of these so wdf?
Z01 - Mario Series
Z02 - Donkey Kong Series
Z03 - Legend of Zelda Series
Z04 - Metroid Series
Z05 - Yoshi
Z06 - Kirby Series
Z07 - Star Fox Series
Z08 - Pokémon Series
Z10 - Captain Falcon
Z11 - Mother Series
Z16 - Ice Climbers
Z17 - Fire Emblem Series
Z18 - Mr. Game & Watch
Z21 - Wario
Z22 - Meta Knight
Z23 - Pit
Z25 - Olimar
Z35 - R.O.B.
Z46 - Solid Snake
Z47 - Sonic The Hedgehog
If you want the standard results theme to play, without any victory themes, then the only way to do that is to copy the original results BRSTM 20 times, and rename each of them for each of the victory themes. In otherwords, Z01, Z02, Z03, Z04, Z05, Z06, Z07, Z08, Z10, Z11, Z16, Z17, Z18, Z21, Z22, Z23, Z25, Z35, Z46 and Z47 should ALL be copies of X08 -- i.e. the thing you didn't want to do, is the only way it can be done.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
If you want the standard results theme to play, without any victory themes, then the only way to do that is to copy the original results BRSTM 20 times, and rename each of them for each of the victory themes. In otherwords, Z01, Z02, Z03, Z04, Z05, Z06, Z07, Z08, Z10, Z11, Z16, Z17, Z18, Z21, Z22, Z23, Z25, Z35, Z46 and Z47 should ALL be copies of X08 -- i.e. the thing you didn't want to do, is the only way it can be done.
I would just put a non-looping, one-sample brstm for each victory theme. The resulting file is only 448 bytes.
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/temporarycrap/blank.brstm

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
What? It's 44100 Hz (samples per second), not just 41000 samples.
And why 8,000?

Also, is ANYONE going to be uploading any BRSTMs at all? The last one was 2 days ago.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Yes, I meant 8000 Hz. It just to make the BRSTM even lighter :p

Oh my, we can even go at 1 Hz :laugh: Too bad I can't open the WAV file in BrawlBox.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
What are you using?

I'm not sure if you think it sounds better, but if you're using (mini)GSFs, what does it sound like if you set the interpolation to cubic? Apparently, that's the best quality, however, if you want it clear, but with a lot of white noise, set it to none.

Also, I uploaded Galaxy Trooper and Summair Air from RCT3.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I'm doing a few more songs from Kirby's Dream Land 2, and right now I'm sheding a tear because that game is a part of my childhood :sadeyes:

And like the Megaman games, there is a MP3 file where all the SFX are played :p

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ahh k i have one more question. Is it possible to change each theme to a very short (like about a second long) by taking a clip and converting it to a NON looping brstm. That way silence plays (cuz i can have an mp3 of silence) for one second and then my results screen music will come on. This saves memory for me. I just want to know if that would work.

and another question...is X24 the silence that plays after a no contest is iniated?

Zealous98

Smash Cadet
Ahh k i have one more question. Is it possible to change each theme to a very short (like about a second long) by taking a clip and converting it to a NON looping brstm. That way silence plays (cuz i can have an mp3 of silence) for one second and then my results screen music will come on. This saves memory for me. I just want to know if that would work.
*ahem*

this. vvv
I would just put a non-looping, one-sample brstm for each victory theme. The resulting file is only 448 bytes.
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/temporarycrap/blank.brstm

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Explain your logic.
Well, what if your SD card / USB key has reached the maximum weight, and that you could not even put the silence sample you've provided ? By reducing the numbers of Hz from 44100 to 8000, the file becomes even lighter and might have a chance to go into your SD card / USB key :p

But I don't think it's worth the trouble :laugh:

*ahem*

OTHER

X24 - Nothing?
That's in OP and i was just curious what that was.
I think it's play in the Subspace Emissary, where you explore the Halberd and fall into a silent room where you see some of the enemies from that mode in capsules. I'm not sure about it though.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Nah, Hyenard.
I had an X24 in my SD Card for a long time and I love just ****ing around with everything in the game.
It -never came up-. It's probably a junk BRSTM for a mode they trashed...

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Naturally, decreasing the sample rate from 44100 Hz to 1 Hz decreases the file size to 1/44100th? So if for example, the filesize happens to be 43.06 kilobytes, divide that by 44100 and you get 1 byte. Well... roughly speaking.

It should be noted that 43.06 kilobytes is ~44100 bytes.

As for the MP3s from SoaHCity, they aren't the best quality, since they have no interpolation, so they have a lot of noise, unless it's just me. If only the released a re-mastered soundtrack of something:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Nah, Hyenard.
I had an X24 in my SD Card for a long time and I love just ****ing around with everything in the game.
It -never came up-. It's probably a junk BRSTM for a mode they trashed...
Did you go through all 30 stages not counting the great maze in SSE?

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Well, what if your SD card / USB key has reached the maximum weight, and that you could not even put the silence sample you've provided ? By reducing the numbers of Hz from 44100 to 8000, the file becomes even lighter and might have a chance to go into your SD card / USB key :p

But I don't think it's worth the trouble :laugh:

I think it's play in the Subspace Emissary, where you explore the Halberd and fall into a silent room where you see some of the enemies from that mode in capsules. I'm not sure about it though.
Naturally, decreasing the sample rate from 44100 Hz to 1 Hz decreases the file size to 1/44100th? So if for example, the filesize happens to be 43.06 kilobytes, divide that by 44100 and you get 1 byte. Well... roughly speaking.

It should be noted that 43.06 kilobytes is ~44100 bytes.

As for the MP3s from SoaHCity, they aren't the best quality, since they have no interpolation, so they have a lot of noise, unless it's just me. If only the released a re-mastered soundtrack of something:
The brstm is already only 1 sample. Making the sampling rate 1Hz would just make it last for one second instead of 1/44100 sec.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
The brstm is already only 1 sample. Making the sampling rate 1Hz would just make it last for one second instead of 1/44100 sec.
Looping doesn't effect the file size.

Also, a BRSTM of 1 sample at 44100 Hz is 448 bytes
A BRSTM of 1 sample at 60,928 Hz (the highest possible) is also 448 bytes. 448 bytes is the smallest you can get.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Hmm...
IMHO, I think mine is a little bit higher quality. As for your's, it seems smoother.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Smoother meaning...?
They're both probably better in different ways.
Yours is louder, but mine has less white noise, for example, at least I think it does <_<.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I uploaded some Marvel vs. Capcom 3 music yesterday.
I'm getting distracted from doing Sonic Advance's music by MvC3's music. :awesome:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, Segtendo is Sega + Nintendo, and now you have an Xbox 360. So, er... will you eventually include Microsoft and Sony into your name, such as Segtendonycrosoft?

Top Bottom