• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Yes! We need to get EVERYBODY to upload their music to my site. After all, it was supposed to replace this music hub.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I have a sort of request. Does anyone have any good quality SNES music (320 kbps MP3s), that don't have that god-awful "slow volume increase at start, followed by gradual decrease in volume" thing that most SPC-MP3 conversions have?

Or a good quality soundtrack of Revenge of Shinobi, that doesn't have the loud clicks at the beginning of Terrible Beat?

For example the NEC PC-8801 Sound Source Version?

Zealous98

Smash Cadet
I uploaded a BTSRM last night. >_> It was another remix of World Revolution.

I also plan to (re)do the entire Megaman 7 soundtrack soon--I found a high-quality source last night that I can use. Besides, two of the MM7 songs I uploaded had some problems with them.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I've been having trouble uploading stuff due to my computer being unable to, so I have many BRSTMs stored and ready to be shared.

If my computer happens to handle the upload system, I'll switch there.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
I've been having trouble uploading stuff due to my computer being unable to, so I have many BRSTMs stored and ready to be shared.

If my computer happens to handle the upload system, I'll switch there.
I don't see why any computer wouldn't be able to handle it unless it doesn't have flash player installed.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I don't see why any computer wouldn't be able to handle it unless it doesn't have flash player installed.
Or a ****ty Internet connection... Meh, I can try that anytime later.

Anyways, about the site, it MUST be videogame music?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well, an 8-bit version of Chocolate Rain was not only submitted but even accepted, so you'd assume that any song could be available.

Lohead

Smash Rookie
Heh... Just now found the site. Im uploading my Sonic CD collection of BRSTMs now.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Heh... Just now found the site. Im uploading my Sonic CD collection of BRSTMs now.
You might want to redo some of the loops on the Sonic CD tracks.

Here's the waveform of Wacky Workbench Bad Future at the loop point
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/temporarycrap/loop.gif

As you can see, there's a giant jump in the waveform. You can also see that the boxed parts on either side of the loop point are pretty much identical. There are a number of loop points that you could choose. I've marked one of them as an example. Your loop point was about 130 samples off.

Edit: Here's a basic page I just threw together that shows you all your songs that have been rejected. http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/reject.php

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I checked the Sonic Rush Adventure soundtrack. Guess you're right about the "twice" thing.
As for the 2 others, IDK.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Most of the Sonic Rush Adventure music is up there >.>
You had uploaded the soundtrack twice.

Was that when I wasn't a mod?
IDK, maybe.

Just to clarify.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, about this "upload any song":

I asked moosehunter in a PM:
"are non-game songs allowed? Also, if someone was to upload a looping BRSTM of a non-game song, should the Artist be treated as the "Game name"? For example, if I was to upload a BRSTM of Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up, would I put "Rick Astley" as the game?"

And his response was something along the lines of "No" (to the very first question).

Nicole

Smash Champion
So I have a public service question/announcement:

I've tried dilligently and numerous times to download certain brstm files. Every time I try, the mediafire page will load, and everything will look like it's going to work. As soon as I click on the file to download it, however, there is a "problem loading page" and I simply can't download these files. The ones I've tried (and failed with):

Bizzaro Sephiroth
OC Remix Booster's Tower
Antenna Cradle
Battletoads & Double Dragon Lv 1
Krook's March
Tetris Type A

I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones I wanted that I was very distraught to learn I could not (apparently) get. What should I/you guys do?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Can I make a request for people uploading BRSTMs to brawlcustommusic.com? Can you make sure there isn't already a version up there? darksamus77 uploaded DK Island Swing from Donkey Kong Country today, which was already up on the site.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Can I make a request for people uploading BRSTMs to brawlcustommusic.com? Can you make sure there isn't already a version up there? darksamus77 uploaded DK Island Swing from Donkey Kong Country today, which was already up on the site.
My bad, I was posting a bunch of BRSTM's. That won't happen again...

Volt_Storm_7

Smash Journeyman
Some of the songs really need a new download link, but can you redo the Pokemon mystery dungeon 2:
Hidden Highland, becasue I wants it, but gay mediafire is being gay
=/

moosehunter

Smash Ace
I'd also like to make a request to those making BRSTMs. When making a BRSTM, could you please try to find the highest quality source file. It's frustrating seeing people work hard to make BRSTMs from a low quality source, because all that they have to show for their work is a low quality BRSTM that alot of the time sounds horrible.

For example, darksamus77 just uploaded a low quality BRSTM of An Adventure in Atlantica from Kingdom Hearts. There is a lossless PSF2 rip freely available here. And it's not like it's a 500MB zip of FLACs. It's only about 20mb. I made a BRSTM from the PSF2 file. You can see the two files here:
Low quality: http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/3773
High quality: http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/3791

Edit: Just wanted to say that a big cause of this is people getting their source files from YouTube videos.

Edit 2: I was going through the recently uploaded videos, and found this: http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/3784
The creator should have used the lossless 2SF set for their source file.
Apparently he got it from here.

Sorry if I'm just using examples from you darksamus, but you're the only one who has songs that are pending approval.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Couldn't you have just updated 3773, instead of uploading a completely new one? Although since neither are approved, I'll just approve the better version. Also, just to make sure, if I use any rips (USF, GSF, GBS, etc), and output the file as a WAV at precisely the same sample rate as the original, is that high-enough quality?

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Couldn't you have just updated 3773, instead of uploading a completely new one? Although since neither are approved, I'll just approve the better version. Also, just to make sure, if I use any rips (USF, GSF, GBS, etc), and output the file as a WAV at precisely the same sample rate as the original, is that high-enough quality?
I just wanted people to see the difference, so don't delete the old one yet.

Well, if the USF's at, say 22kHz, and there's an OST at 44.1kHz, I would say go for the higher quality one, but PSF and variants should usually be ideal.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I'd also like to make a request to those making BRSTMs. When making a BRSTM, could you please try to find the highest quality source file. It's frustrating seeing people work hard to make BRSTMs from a low quality source, because all that they have to show for their work is a low quality BRSTM that alot of the time sounds horrible.

For example, darksamus77 just uploaded a low quality BRSTM of An Adventure in Atlantica from Kingdom Hearts. There is a lossless PSF2 rip freely available here. And it's not like it's a 500MB zip of FLACs. It's only about 20mb. I made a BRSTM from the PSF2 file. You can see the two files here:
Low quality: http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/3773
High quality: http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/3791

Edit: Just wanted to say that a big cause of this is people getting their source files from YouTube videos.

Edit 2: I was going through the recently uploaded videos, and found this: http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/3784
The creator should have used the lossless 2SF set for their source file.
Apparently he got it from here.

Sorry if I'm just using examples from you darksamus, but you're the only one who has songs that are pending approval.
Yes, I use Youtube sources for audio files. Sorry if that constitutes as low-quality for BRSTM's. I focus on loops more than quality songs...

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
If the OST is 44.1 kHz but the rip is only 22.05 kHz, then I'd either use the OST or rip, depending on which was higher quality. The OST isn't necessarily higher quality, in terms of sound. However, if there's a so-called "OST" that is actually a rip, which has 44.1 kHz, where the originals are 22.05 kHz, I'll try to avoid that, because if you out put a 22.05 kHz audio file to a WAV with a different sample rate, it really butchers the quality. Also, I tend to use rips, especially, since I can set the songs to play as long as I need, especially when the OST fades out before any two loop points can be found, especially in songs like Bayou Boogie:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/2193
Note how the start point is at 4,429,824, and end point is 7,870,818? The OST would most likely fadeout long before 7,870,818 (at 48,000 Hz).

Also, YouTube sucks for quality :p -- I'd only use YouTube if there was literally no other way whatsoever.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
If the OST is 44.1 kHz but the rip is only 22.05 kHz, then I'd either use the OST or rip, depending on which was higher quality. The OST isn't necessarily higher quality, in terms of sound. However, if there's a so-called "OST" that is actually a rip, which has 44.1 kHz, where the originals are 22.05 kHz, I'll try to avoid that, because if you out put a 22.05 kHz audio file to a WAV with a different sample rate, it really butchers the quality. Also, I tend to use rips, especially, since I can set the songs to play as long as I need, especially when the OST fades out before any two loop points can be found, especially in songs like Bayou Boogie:
Note how the start point is at 4,429,824, and end point is 7,870,818? The OST would most likely fadeout long before 7,870,818 (at 48,000 Hz).

Also, YouTube sucks for quality :p -- I'd only use YouTube if there was literally no other way whatsoever.
I was just trying to get at that you should just go for the better quality one, though ADPCM is still lossy, it's always best to have the file you're encoding be as close to the original as possible.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340

Well, I suppose you're correct. however, Youtube is more accessible than OST's...and why download a torrent of an OST for one song? Sorry, that seems pointless to me. Even if it is higher quality, I don't think the time elapsed is worth it...

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Well, I suppose you're correct. however, Youtube is more accessible than OST's...and why download a torrent of an OST for one song? Sorry, that seems pointless to me. Even if it is higher quality, I don't think the time elapsed is worth it...
How long does this take to download?
link

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
You can use Downthemall to quickly get all the mp3s from a page, or select one.
A loto f site haves have single songs too, and for quick OSTS without torrents Down Them All works great.
Its a firefox app.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
You can use Downthemall to quickly get all the mp3s from a page, or select one.
A loto f site haves have single songs too, and for quick OSTS without torrents Down Them All works great.
Its a firefox app.
Ok. I know KHInsider has a crapload of OST's as single songs...

Top Bottom