• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I got this PM earlier :

LoopPointFan said:
Um, my account on BrawlCustomMusic got suspended. I'm not sure why.
Like, what's it mean, when that happens? Like, I haven't been spamming, or anything.
The thing is, I don't remember why he got suspended. I've asked Seg afterwards, but he didn't have the answer either. I'm posting it here, hoping somebody will be able to answer this.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Ask him if he's VideoGameMusicFan or w/e name it is.

His BRSTMs are really wonky on the site. They're impossible to update/edit :urg:

LoopPointFan

Smash Rookie
Ask him if he's VideoGameMusicFan or w/e name it is.

His BRSTMs are really wonky on the site. They're impossible to update/edit :urg:
Um, yeah. That's me, all right. Um, what do you mean, that my BRSTMs are impossible, to update, or edit? And, why would they need to be edited? Just wondering.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
By update, I mean when if I were to update a BRSTM by you, after I click "update," the "upload BRSTM" button (or w/e its name is) won't appear.

I can't edit the names of your BRSTMs either. I just want them to sound more natural, like in the Pokemon Gold/Silver section. You have the gym leader battles as something like "(Region) gym leader battle" or something, and I want them to sound more natural, like "Vs. Kanto Gym Leader" or something. However, I can change it, but it will be stuck on "Please wait..."

LoopPointFan

Smash Rookie
By update, I mean when if I were to update a BRSTM by you, after I click "update," the "upload BRSTM" button (or w/e its name is) won't appear.

I can't edit the names of your BRSTMs either. I just want them to sound more natural, like in the Pokemon Gold/Silver section. You have the gym leader battles as something like "(Region) gym leader battle" or something, and I want them to sound more natural, like "Vs. Kanto Gym Leader" or something. However, I can change it, but it will be stuck on "Please wait..."
Roger that. If you unsuspend me on the site, I'll change the song names you wish me to change. I'll edit those, for you. In the future, if there's more song names that need to sound more natural, I'd appreciate a message, rather than a suspension. Heh. Thanks.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Thing is, we have no clue who suspended you...

And I can't unsuspend you cuz I don't have that power :urg:

Also, would you know why we can't edit your BRSTMs?

LoopPointFan

Smash Rookie
Thing is, we have no clue who suspended you...

And I can't unsuspend you cuz I don't have that power :urg:

Also, would you know why we can't edit your BRSTMs?
Oh. I see.

So, I guess only that Admin can?

I don't know why they can't be edited. I'm not trying to keep people from editing 'em. Um, I guess also the Admin could make me a Moderator. But, if it happens, though, I'll see if I can do a good job, with the approving of loops. I am very good, with determining if a loop is seamless, or if it's kinda.... uuuuugh! Like, the Johto Leader song I uploaded. At first, it had just a little note that made it not loop correctly. But, I changed it, and, now, it is now seemless.

Thanks, for your time, though. I wonder if that Admin could look into the unsuspension, soon? I'd really appreciate that. Thanks.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I'm not a traitor.... <_<

I suspended you for well, what Seg said. It's still REALLY weird, how for some reason, yours and ONLY yours has some weird stuff.

For example, (I'm not sure if it's still the case now), but there was a time where we could play any BRSTM on the site, however, when it came to yours, it would say "You need Flash Player".... even though we had Flash Player, AND the others worked. Also, the only ones that we can't update (if for example, there's a better quality version or something), or edit (i.e. to rename for certain reasons), also seem to be yours.

I'm going to unsuspend you for now :D

Also, (since Yui hasn't actually been here for ages, it seems), does anyone think I should make him a mod?

As far as I know, you can only delete your own BRSTMs (only admins can delete other BRSTMs), however, you can update other people's BRSTMs (if you make a better BRSTM that's already on there), as well as the obvious approval and rejection.

Also, how many current mods, are getting fed up with approving updates? Having that weird nonsensical "1/1.3024" type message? And then it says "Processing...." and just stays there? While it DOES update it (just refresh the page to 'remove it' from the list).

LoopPointFan

Smash Rookie
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/16677

"You need Flash Player to play this."

Surely it's not because you're #20 (as in the member ID)?
Not sure. I'll try getting rid of the description. If that works, then, we know it's something with the Description fields, eh.

PS:

Gonna have to remove the BRSTM. Then, I'm gonna reupload it. Hopefully, it's not gonna mess up like previous, eh.

^^ Disregard that line. Can't even remove it. However, to anyone who can access "Jsnew.php", there's apparently some errors. (There's gonna be a thing, at the bottom of the browser that says "Error on page.". Double click that, and it'll tell you where it is. I hope those errors get corrected.

I apologize, for any inconveniences about my BRSTMs. Not sure why it's happening, and to my uploads, only. Yikes.

LoopPointFan

Smash Rookie

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Nope, got it.

Get rid of the <br>. It adds an &lt; and &gt; (lower than and greater than sign respectively). This will then cause a Javascript error, causing it to not replace the element with the correct Flash embedded element.

You can thank me with my awesome Javascript knowledge (though the plugin for Chrome I have installed here helped a bunch).

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I have one theory... your "First Name" and "Last Name" was entered as '1' for each.

Maybe it's not allowed to be a number?

I just changed it to something that wasn't a number, you're 'real' name is now "First Last" :D

I should point out however, that I didn't include your password (obviously) -- but I don't know if that actually updates your password as being "nothing". Can you log out, as log back in to see if your password still works? If not, try not putting your password in (in otherwords, leave the password bit blank).

I should note that any BRSTM of yours with <br> in it, has that "You need Flash Player", and the one I tried that DIDN'T... doesn't. I guess Gary's right.

But wait...
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/16677 -- this has <br> in it -- it doesn't work

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/10013 -- this has two <br>'s in it -- it works

So... now it's even more of a mystery. It's that "sometimes" mystery. That thing where something weird only happens sometimes, and there seems to be no pattern.

LoopPointFan

Smash Rookie
Goodness. Heh. I've had a bit of Javascript classes. But, I'm only a beginner in that programming language, so, I don't know how much assistance I can be of. But, you can wipe all the <BR> things in there. Or, just the descriptions, or something. I won't be offended, if you erase all my descriptions, eh.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Solution!

Due to the wonky coding work of the original coder of the site, it does not catch for newlines in the description. Therefore, in the Javascript, a newline is added whenever the string containing the description contains a newline character.

In other words, it breaks off the line at a moment it shouldn't break off the line. This matters a lot in Javascript.

Seriously, if I could I would help out clean up the coding mess, but alas, I'm a programmer, procrastination is in my blood.

No offense, but the coding work really is doodoo. Even the guys who made Terraria had better coding work (and they used if-else-if constructions to define different types of objects instead of using subclasses).

LoopPointFan

Smash Rookie
Apparently, there's an error on Line 1189, on Jsnew.php. Dunno if you got access to it? If so, I don't know what the error is, as I don't have the access to it. I wish I could help out more, eh?

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@GaryCXJk

Did I seriously just help you guys figure out what the problem was just from suggesting that the error might have been in the code?

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Apparently, there's an error on Line 1189, on Jsnew.php. Dunno if you got access to it? If so, I don't know what the error is, as I don't have the access to it. I wish I could help out more, eh?
It was exactly what I said.

@GaryCXJk

Did I seriously just help you guys figure out what the problem was just from suggesting that the error might have been in the code?
No, I figured out sooner. The &lt; &gt; tipped me off when using the Javascript error viewer thing.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
TUK, it is exactly this error. Remove the part starting with ! and ending with T from The, then reconstruct by adding a "! T" to form the entire description again.

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/16677

It should work.

EDIT: I think I narrowed it down.

Apparently, when parsing, it DOES parse newlines, however, only specific kinds of newlines. Specifically, it doesn't catch carriage returns (\r), only line feeds (\n). I figured this out after saving the generated Javascript file and opening it with a hex editor.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Oh praise god.
That was bugging me.

Or not.
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/8743
I can't edit it. "Edit Song" won't take me anywhere.
That's because the Edit Song button is also borked due to Javascript not working anymore. Javascript stopped working the moment something in the script is being borked, in this case, due to the carriage return newlines not being filtered.

I am willing to fix the script, but only for that particular thing. Although I'm not sure if it's coded in the PHP file itself or if an external PHP file does the parsing.

EDIT: Oh god dammit, the fix is rather simple here. Why does it need the full string written in the function itself? Why doesn't it use innerHTML to get the content of the description? Or rather, why doesn't it get the description using AJAX?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
At least we know what could be causing the problem.

I love you Gary

And TUK, I know you're frustrated at noobs not reading that if there's no logo, the game can't be extended, but you shouldn't just close the account cuz noobs don't understand it. Noobs will be noobs. Just ignore them.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Another thing I noticed, and something I don't like about some software which auto-parses newlines as <br> or <br /> tags, is that BCM stores these tags instead of storing the newlines.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
At least we know what could be causing the problem.

I love you Gary

And TUK, I know you're frustrated at noobs not reading that if there's no logo, the game can't be extended, but you shouldn't just close the account cuz noobs don't understand it. Noobs will be noobs. Just ignore them.
Besides, like the clone troopers that just came out of their training, the noobs will learn how the system works eventually. Who knows, some of those noobs might become the "arc troopers" of the site (the site being the army of the republic in this sense) one day and provide a lot of help for maintaining it.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Do you always have to make Star Wars references because part of your username is "Skywalker"? ._.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Segtendo

I was just using that as a way to help explain that noobs won't be noobs forever. Besides, I figured that referencing that detail from the Clone Wars would be a good way to help describe how it might turn out (the fact that my username uses "skywalker" is a mere coincidence).

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
That's an open threat, Seg. I wouldn't REALLY do that.

Also, I got a PM (on the BrawlBRSTMs channel) -- I'm not quite sure what to say:

I saw that there wasn't much 3ds music on your site brawlcustummusic.com, so I joined and tryed to upload some 3ds music. It wouldn't show the MP3 files I was going to download! Please help me!
Also, I'm going to try something dangerous.... brace yourselves.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Creating a new YouTube object for song 3860 and user brawlbrstms.
This song will loop 1352 times with a 1 second delay and a 10 second fadeout.
This video's expected length is 1800 seconds.
Decoding BRSTM

Nope... it appears to not be working..... unless it's supposed to take this long.

EDIT: It's at least done the MP3, which it did.
Encoding MP3
1%...2%...3%...4%...5%...6%...7%...8%...9%...10%...
11%...12%...13%...14%...15%...16%...17%...18%...19%...20%...
21%...22%...23%...24%...25%...26%...27%...28%...29%...30%...
31%...32%...33%...34%...35%...36%...37%...38%...39%...40%...
41%...42%...43%...44%...45%...46%...47%...48%...49%...50%...
51%...52%...53%...54%...55%...56%...57%...58%...59%...60%...
61%...62%...63%...64%...65%...66%...67%...68%...69%...70%...
71%...72%...73%...74%...75%...76%...77%...78%...79%...80%...
81%...82%...83%...84%...85%...86%...87%...88%...89%...90%...
91%...92%...93%...94%...95%...96%...97%...98%...99%...100%...

Now it's the "creating the video" it tripped up on... let's see...

OK, guys... tell me if it starts being a ****:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/ytqueue.php?output=244&queue=convert

Top Bottom