• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ and Ganon's Sword? (Code in video descr)

Rudra

Smash Ace
Sounds like an awesome idea. I'm all up for it!

This is what I love the most about Brawl+. We could practically make ANYTHING out of this game.
Hahaha..so true.

Sworded Ganon and Bowser Giga (Shin Akuma?) ftw

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I completely agree with adding this code to the plussery. Only after it's fixed though. It has to be able to change back and forth from normal to sword moveset. Also as of now the sword is way to long. If you can edit the hitboxes and the length of the sword i am all for it and i know this will attract a lot of people to brawl+ probably more so then any other code brawl+ has.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
D-taunt is great for pulllin the sword out. I guess.

but I think side taunt would be good for putting it away.

OR if you want to preserve the taunt so they don't change.

Have left side taunt pull out sword and right side taunt put it away. That way if you don't have a sword you can still do side taunt and it does nothing.

jalued

Smash Lord
LOL. That would essentially make S. Ganon better than Ganon. Rofl.
make his upsamsh like marth, but have purple fire!!! (like roys fire one from melee). but yeah haha that would make him amazing, marths fair is one of best moves in the game :p

could even make sword ganon like roy. that would be good :D

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
make his upsamsh like marth, but have purple fire!!! (like roys fire one from melee). but yeah haha that would make him amazing, marths fair is one of best moves in the game :p

The only moves that would possibly ever need to be touched is his fair and MAYBE bair. And even if it was possible, it's still only a maybe.

D

Deleted member

LOL. That would essentially make S. Ganon better than Ganon. Rofl.
Making Up+b and Side+b load Dolphin Slash and Quick Draw hitboxes respectively, add a Shadowy effect, and you're done.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Lol I don't know how long is Ganon's word on his FTilt and Fsmash yet, so I don't know your definition of "long". But yes, Marth's Fair has decent range compared to most Ganon's answers at it... (I could see Bair as a counter to it if well-timed and spaced, or Fair with awesome prediction skills...)
His fair and dtilt are about the only moves with decent range.
His F-smash is **** short and his Ftilt is pretty much useless as of now.

But anyways, I didn't try the code. You could clearly see that his sword was mad long.

also, swap in marths uair, and fair. leave the other airs alone, ganon spike with marthesque play style, but slower/heavier character wud be interesting

Making Up+b and Side+b load Dolphin Slash and Quick Draw hitboxes respectively, add a Shadowy effect, and you're done.
So much unoriginality. That'd make him essentially better than Marth in the air.
Marth's fair would be so much shorter than Ganon's.

jalued

Smash Lord
So much unoriginality. That'd make him essentially better than Marth in the air.
Marth's fair would be so much shorter than Ganon's.
no, cause its not like roys ariels were better than marths lol, they sucked. if u made sword ganon more about power and less about comboing-maybe mix marth and ikes moves together, like ikes nair, marths upair etc- (which u would expect from the dark ruler of hyrule), then ur all good. plus he shoudnt have a spike with the sword, or choke and all combos would be different. meh, i have no bidea about what is possible, buit many people have been complaining that they want roy back. maybe this way is the way

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I haven't been able to try this out on my own yet but Ftilt and Fsmash get the crazy range right?
Even so, this shouldn't be much of an issue.

This comes from the official item standard play thread:
Beam Sword [NEUTRAL] - The Beam Sword is a very balanced item, weak in knockback while still providing advantages and incentives to the holder. The extension of the Beam Sword's range upon charging a Smash attack is very useful for faking out opponents, and gives the user enough room so that even if the attack whiffs, as long as the opponent is at maximum range there is little chance of punishment. This comes at the cost of power, as the Beam Sword takes large amounts of accumulated damage and full charges in order to really shine as a KO item; once a player reaches KO point with this item, it is much more efficient to just throw the sword than to try to land a final slash (or even better, use another move to KO). Weak without being useless, the Beam Sword is great for item play and is approved.
That logic can go straight to Brawl+.
Gdorf would get a big increase in range, but loses a LOT of power on the attacks affected.
So this could have a lot of use in certain matchups by abusing the range or competing with the range of other characters; But now he loses some of his kill options and he will become more limited as a character because of it.

It would have the same balance properties as Zelda/Shiek or B+ Pokemon Trainer. In theory the best option may be to start sword Gannon because the range would allow you to put damage on from a greater distance/with more safety (I'm thinking that the beam sword does less damage than his natural attacks but I can't test that right now), and then switch to regular Gannon to land an easier kill/kill at an earlier % than sword Gannon could; however this is balanced out by the fact that you need time to taunt in order to do this, just like Zelda/Shiek and Pokemon Trainer needs to find the time to use Down B all of which are easily punishable if used at the wrong time. Further more, to do these in a realistic matter you would need to hit the opponent off the stage which would take a high percent, and if they are flying far enough off stage for you to switch then they are probably close to dying with your current mode anyway.

I really see no reason NOT to do this. If the item it uses is considered competitively balanced then its not like this wouldn't be. Extra range at the cost of power and knockback of the attacks it uses. Certainly useful in some matchups but it wouldn't be dominant or absolutely needed. As long as you are able to handle a matchup staying as normal Gdorf then this would be great.

If more tweaking is done and it becomes even more viable, as long as normal Gdorf is just as good if not a bit better, then all the better. Just get rid of the sound effects ;)

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I_Am_Plum: Well, the logic presented in that quote doesn't quite carry over into brawl+, for one simple reason: Holding an item takes away your aerials. Attempting to perform an aerial when you hold an item normally will cause you to either use or throw the item, depending on if it can be used in the air. With sword ganon, he just attacks. Ganon's killing power would still be quite good with each of his aerials, which are already how he gets a lot of his kills.

What this really trades is not kill power for range, but rather... combo ability for range. He loses his dash attack to the sword, as well as his speedy jab, instead now relying on range to keep his foe at bay.

cman

Smash Ace
That's actually not true leafgreen. With bludgeoning weapons, you can use aerials while holding it, and never throw the item. That only applies to bludgeoning items like the beam sword.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^What cutter said.

God leaf, why don't you play with items more?:laugh:

Anyway, I think sword ganon is a very interesting idea. I'd like to see how it affects a few particular matchups too (specifically, those against ranged characters like Marth)

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
no, cause its not like roys ariels were better than marths lol, they sucked. if u made sword ganon more about power and less about comboing-maybe mix marth and ikes moves together, like ikes nair, marths upair etc- (which u would expect from the dark ruler of hyrule), then ur all good. plus he shoudnt have a spike with the sword, or choke and all combos would be different. meh, i have no bidea about what is possible, buit many people have been complaining that they want roy back. maybe this way is the way
yeah, and with sweetspots that make purple ganon flames/electricty

but the bmoves remain, and never change his bair, the backhanded *****slap of death is too epic to remove.

and utilt could change, ikes or marths

choke maybe replace with ikes lasersword smash animation... idk if itd make two hits but you could make first hit sword second purple fire

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
May as well turn Warlock Punch into a projectile while we're at it, eh? haha.

But really, adding the sword to compliment his current moveset would be nice. As it was mentioned earlier, beamsword lacks KO power, so it's practically a Zelda/Sheik situation. What we don't want to happen is a Samus/ZSS situation in which one of them can thrive without the other's help.

This could lead into a lot of interesting moveset things though; it really depends on which attacks we give him in the air that'll determine how independent or not sword ganon is. Giving him Marth's fair and keeping his dair would be too good; the dair has to be changed for sword form imo.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt

But really, adding the sword to compliment his current moveset would be nice. As it was mentioned earlier, beamsword lacks KO power, so it's practically a Zelda/Sheik situation. What we don't want to happen is a Samus/ZSS situation in which one of them can thrive without the other's help.

This could lead into a lot of interesting moveset things though; it really depends on which attacks we give him in the air that'll determine how independent or not sword ganon is. Giving him Marth's fair and keeping his dair would be too good; the dair has to be changed for sword form imo.
im sorry but, gannons dair CANT go. thunder stomp is just far to sexy, brawl wud break with out it

also his speed changes the efficiency of said fair tho... it shud be tested with bfore we say its too good to use

Starscream

Smash Ace
Man I was so excited to try these codes out but I just ended up with "sword up the butt" Ganon....

Has anyone isolated the cause of the glitch yet? I'm just using Beta 4.1 + textures.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Man I was so excited to try these codes out but I just ended up with "sword up the butt" Ganon....

Has anyone isolated the cause of the glitch yet? I'm just using Beta 4.1 + textures.
I don't know exactly why, but the code doesn't work with textures.

Same happened to me first time so I took textures off my SD and it worked.
We just have to wait for PW to release a better version with the bugs fixed until it works with textures :\

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion

Yea! PUNCH CANNON ACTIVATE!!! lol, can some1 do this? :chuckle:

Top Bottom