• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ and Ganon's Sword? (Code in video descr)

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I think this would be cool if it could be knocked off of him/thrown, and then he'd have to pull it out every time he wants to use it. It would probably limit some of his moves otherwise, not being able to use his regular attacks.

Edit: On another note, it'd be cool if Sonic could pick up his spring and throw it after up-b. =D

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, the code currently has a few bugs with it. Also, Blank, I was mostly thinking that it would be better if his taunt activated/deactivated the sword move set.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Would that be fair? Well I guess it could be a Zelda Shiek kind of thing. ATM it's buggy, but could it eventually become part of Brawl+....idk. But I hope so.

Revven

FrankerZ
Would that be fair? Well I guess it could be a Zelda Shiek kind of thing. ATM it's buggy, but could it eventually become part of Brawl+....idk. But I hope so.
The beam sword bit of it really isn't that big of a deal, it'd just be like Zelda/Sheik, you can choose if you want to stick with the normal move set or switch between the two. You can also get punished for trying to switch to the sword move set mid-match (say if they are about to come back to the stage and you're taunting to activate it). The taunt lasts a good while, I'd imagine if you get hit you wouldn't keep the sword.

The beam sword limits Ganon but at the price of longer range and etc. It would be a surreal buff.

EtherealKing

Smash Cadet
If the sword and props codes could be combined with some kb alterations and, if ever possible, moveswaps of aerials Sword Ganon could actually be viable. Otherwise it's just a novelty code because Ganon's beam sword is terrible.

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
"WTF! HAXX!!!111"

XDDDDDDDD link's face made me lol so much...

The idea of a swaping moveset by taunting would be pretty sweeeeeeeeet, old ganon needs his sword =3

Rudra

Smash Ace
I love this idea. Should it be activated/deactivated with taunts and get its bugs fixed, I'd love to see this implemented.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Uh, I don't know Phantom wings too much(other than the fact how many codes he makes), so you guys should talk to him about some of these ideas. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you ask nicely.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
This should be in Brawl+. I don't even care what people say. It's abhorrent that his sword was never in the game.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
This is relevant to my interest.

If any coder types come through here, do you know if a character's beam-sword animations / hitboxes are editable separately like the rest of a character's moves?

With the proper tweaking and polish, this could be something really special.

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
If nothing else, with hitbox modifications in place it would be a fun addon to have at times. The kb on his beamsword currently is abhorrent. If it's ever possible to moveswap only certain hitboxes this could be really good.

Sr. P & R

Smash Apprentice
I have to admit, at first I thought "LOLWUT! how could that be in Brawl+?". Yet, now that I think about it, it seems like a pretty good idea to give Ganon more options.

btw, great music choice :bigthumbu

Revven

FrankerZ
Uh, I don't know Phantom wings too much(other than the fact how many codes he makes), so you guys should talk to him about some of these ideas. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you ask nicely.
I already had told PW to do this, he said he was going to fix the bugs with it at some point anyway so, it'll be awhile I'm sure (he's a busy guy).

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Some people like his taunt just for his taunt, though. lol

I'd rather the requirement be holding shield as he ends the taunt to equip the sword.

And without some special modifications to his beam sword set sword ganon would suck competitively. Although I'm worried that if it was made to actually be good, that he would end up with an extremely broken fsmash lol

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Also SMK, could you ask Phantom to change the sound it makes if possible? Yeah I know he's busy so when he has the time that would be great.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
If this gets put into brawl+ i will officially quit brawl+. Not because this is a stupid idea (because clearly if you think this your an idiot) but because putting this in brawl+ would be too mind boggling for my poor brain to handle. I dont think i could control all the pure awesome that would be on the screen.

The taunt idea is ****in awesome

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
If this gets put into brawl+ i will officially quit brawl+. Not because this is a stupid idea (because clearly if you think this your an idiot) but because putting this in brawl+ would be too mind boggling for my poor brain to handle. I dont think i could control all the pure awesome that would be on the screen.

The taunt idea is ****in awesome

I'm going to make it my mission that we get this into the game. This would be ****ing HUGE for Brawl+.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Great to see lots of people agree... I brought this up on the chat when the code was first released and I got flamed about how stupid an idea it was.... should have just made a thread.

But yeh this would be extrememly cool and if you think about it, would also be a big selling point of brawl+ I know lots of people that would go for it.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Great to see lots of people agree... I brought this up on the chat when the code was first released and I got flamed about how stupid an idea it was.... should have just made a thread.

But yeh this would be extrememly cool and if you think about it, would also be a big selling point of brawl+ I know lots of people that would go for it.
Who flamed you? Seriously, I can't imagine a single reason we wouldn't like a code like this.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
10 HYES!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we could make it deactivate too (if it doesn't already) holy ****.....

It would add depth and awesomeness.....

B+ is already an awesome game. But think about it.
Having ganon be able to play with a sword. That would interest so many people in B+. The community would immensely grow.

This is not just awesome but a pure win market strategy.

~PK~

Smash Cadet
When you can deactivate it, and a few modifications get made to the sword (so it doesn't sound like a beamsword, attack power, etc) then I'm all for it.

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
First I think this idea is awesome but

what about the other characters

I think G&W would be cool with a bell moveset
or lucas with a snake moveset (no not Snake)
or ness with a bat moveset

do not think that people will let you just give cool alt movesets to just one character,

in the end however, there will always be personal favorite codesets and i think that over the course of the year we will find that they are very interesting

CF charge makes an immediate Falcon punch a 1HKO

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

The difference is that Ganon is known for using a sword in every game he's been in while the other's aren't.

I think it's a cool idea. And if it's not posible to code it that using the taunt a second time to remove the sword, could always get his punching taunt to switch back to normal.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion

do not think that people will let you just give cool alt movesets to just one character,

in the end however, there will always be personal favorite codesets and i think that over the course of the year we will find that they are very interesting

CF charge makes an immediate Falcon punch a 1HKO
Here are the differences:

1) This is Ganondorf. If there is any clone that deserves his own moveset, it's Ganondorf. Can you think of one person who wouldn't be happy to see Ganondorf with a sword?

2) None of those characters need help. I have been putting it off more and more, but Ganondorf has started to slide down the character ranks. Face it, he just isn't as good as he was when B+ first came out. We handed out buffs to the characters worse then Ganon and now that makes it his turn.

EDIT: Mic agrees with me so I must be right.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Right now I have 4 concerns with this code.

A. going back to normal.

B. Beam Sword sounds

C. F-smash (extending range much?????)

D. Doesn't work with texture hacks well.

Otherwise its pure win

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Right now I have 4 concerns with this code.

A. going back to normal.

B. Beam Sword sounds

C. F-smash (extending range much?????)

D. Doesn't work with texture hacks well.

Otherwise its pure win
A. Ya, but we can make it work I'm sure.

B. Once again, shouldn't be tough to change.

C. If we can't fix it, we can go with the 'Well look at Snake's tilts' excuse.

D. Really? I used 'Santa-Dorf' and it seemed ok to me.

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
The difference is that Ganon is known for using a sword in every game he's been in while the other's aren't.
That's totally true and as much as i was simply trying to poke holes I would actually like to see as many quirky codes as possible for brawl+

I think that the program has a clear goal and needs to make sure they are staying true to it. Ganon having a sword moveset seems like a controversial (edit though justifiable) issue to me at least in the sense of what other characters are going to get alt moves.

Also, had anyone considered attack weaknesses and stregnths against other characters, Think Pokemon, This is not where I want to discuss it but is there a thread that discussed it I could review.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
2) None of those characters need help. I have been putting it off more and more, but Ganondorf has started to slide down the character ranks. Face it, he just isn't as good as he was when B+ first came out. We handed out buffs to the characters worse then Ganon and now that makes it his turn.
Ganondorf's new Beta 4.0 Fair sez hai.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Not a bad idea, but the novelty of it sounds like it'll be short lived.
I don't think this would be good for Brawl+, it won't be high on the priority list of things to add, I can assume that much.

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
Well, the code currently has a few bugs with it. Also, Blank, I was mostly thinking that it would be better if his taunt activated/deactivated the sword move set.
^This.

I mean, seriously. If it CAN be done, it MUST be done.

V-K

Smash Ace
That would be awesome if you could change the ground figthing style with a taunt.
And Ganon really deserves his sword. But you shouldn´t make it too strong because it already has a higher range than fists and kicks.

Top Bottom